GT-Sport [29/9] [COMPLETED] RERUN - Le Mans 3 Hour Signup and Car Selection

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Hahahahaha. The Kart I’ll be running isnt even a shifter Kart. Might be a long night...
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Relaxing
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    IN LM55 Gr1 plz
    StigsTC, seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Wow we now have our grid ready to go!

Update on qualifying, there will be a session the week prior, similar to last time except your 3 best laps will be averaged. This takes out the possibilty of a skewed grid thanks to corner cuts and track extending.

Those who can’t make it will have to arrange a session with me in the week leading up to the event.

Thanks for all the support so far :)
    ajh_1990 and StigsTC like this.
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Its as if you still doubt me!
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Why can I already hear someone complaining about this new qualifying format
    KeedenMcdonald and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Well, the WEC averages the fastest lap of 2 drivers for races other than Le Mans to determine the grid. It used to take 2 best laps of 2 drivers to average out a pole time. So this method isn't entirely unprecedented.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @Storm_SP17
    @ItzRacing95 wants his Dodge back, as it was his original car he does get preference.
    I take it you don’t want that :):):):)ty Nissan again, do you have a second preference?

Nah give it time, someone will find fault with it and make into an unfunny meme, nothing surprises me anymore :D
    xlxy90, StigsTC and seth123 like this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I like it, it’s cool
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Could be worse, trust me
  11. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'd be in a similar position to Mark, If we get anymore sign ups I'd be fine to step aside and let someone else have their go. 6 Hours of Le Mans sounds like a lot lol
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  12. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I'm with these 2, as much as i would love to make up for my horrid race, happy to step aside.
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Those are rookie numbers, destination 24 hours of Le Mans or ban
    JonoStan96 and StigsTC like this.
  14. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Based on 3:20 laps, that's 3 laps per 10 mins or 18 laps an hour, for 432 laps total, or 5887.7 km.
    Having notched 6100km in an LMP2 during the week leading up to the GTPES LM24, I can confirm that those are without a doubt, rookie numbers.
    I was determined to not suck that race. My internet missed the memo.
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I can sense the tangent coming, along with the words Pescarolo, AJ, useless, fuel, less laps, OP Nissan, :):):):)ing, pitstops, extra and bull:):):):).
    seth123 likes this.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I wasn’t shy on my lap count either for LMP2 Gtpes, but my teammates were shy so I did thousands for nothing which was nice but I’ll just call it preparation for this
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yes AJ didn’t grasp that a Nissan P2 travelling almost 5 seconds a lap slower would still beat any other P2 since it had a fuel tank bigger than a water jug, thankfully he just removed horsepower which still did nothing

People should be honoured to be apart of this cause the BOP for that was from a raffle
    StigsTC and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. ajh_1990

ajh_1990 New Recruit

I'll need this to be arranged for the Monday in race week. Similar time to race start will work for me as UK-based. If it doesn't all work then I'm happy to start at the back of the grid.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. NoirAntares

NoirAntares Rookie

PSN ID
    CWM_NoirAntares
  20. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Nah I was in the Zytek. It was BoP'd with an oil change, so after 1 hour of running you needed to swap cars to actually stay at BoP limit. But the car understeered until it throttle oversteered and that was a bad time even if the car was just too fast.
    That was mostly down to RCB being a lying piece of turd. They hadn't won a race all season and they knew the only way to win the title was to win at LM and hope ABC didn't do well. He kept lobbying AJ for better BoP claiming their best laps were like 3 seconds slower than what I was already doing, and I wasn't even 5zigen. Get to qualy and suddenly it was fast! Even after qualy he was suggesting that the car was bad on race pace because the fuel didn't burn off fast enough.
    Most of this was down to AJ trying to re-BoP a class in too short of a time to introduce a brand new car nobody had worked with or understood yet. But at least it wasn't the deltawing. That made absolutely no sense being in the class at all.
    Summarises it very nicely.
    Iit worked for us in 'LMP3', that said @ajh_1990 was willing to learn what I'd found in my 1000s of km of running and usually liked my ever improving setups, while tanky was just a great driver in high DF cars.
    /tangent