GT-Sport [29/9] [COMPLETED] RERUN - Le Mans 3 Hour Signup and Car Selection

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Sep 2, 2018.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Could be worse, at least you didn’t trade in a clearly faster car for a BRZ at Spa :roflmao:
    Poor Seth copped it when it came to TM’s
    StigsTC likes this.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I’m not hitting the reply button for the sake of space on this forum, RCB wasn’t he like a 15 year old running around looking for ego food 24/7? My first race I did in LMP2 was the final 2 hours of Nurburgring Gp, junior managed to spear tackle me on the safety car restart on the live stream, I followed another Nissan for the last 45 minutes which I ran out of fuel from a full tank, my therory was I didn’t have a theory and didn’t think the Nissan would be far off emoty either, it had over half a tank of fuel left crossing the line

Since AJ was hard to get ahold of and he didn’t seem own any of the cars or Bop them i realised the entire series was just a control freak who got bored of playing with trains

It’s becoming a regular occurrence these gtp talks :roflmao::roflmao:
    StigsTC and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Makes me wish I was sim racing 5 years ago!
    Tristan Jones and StigsTC like this.
  4. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    [tangent]
    I was with the Filo and the DRR guys and we lost our minds when they swapped the RX-7 for a BRZ on that BoP.
    @seth123 solid call on skipping the reply. But a couple of things:
    RCB was not a 15 year old looking for ego food 24/7. He was 14 and his ego had already long engulfed the northern hemisphere so it was fed regularly.
    The Zytek had the same fuel tank of 100 litres as every other car. However, it was modelled to be accurately low drag, of a modern LMP2 compared to the "pick a number" modelling of cars from GT4, meaning it would use less fuel getting down any long straight. On top of this, the engine was only making 450 or so hp, and that was again, modelled correctly. The way GT6 did power limiting was to just make the ignition mapping retarded above your power limit, so the car was still using all the fuel that it would to make 780hp, just it was only making 480 with the limiter in place. Due to the total inexperience with the car, none of this was considered.
    AJ didn't BoP the cars because he couldn't drive them. He wasn't good enough to get remotely enough out of the cars to accurately gauge potential. The issue arose when he had multiple people BoPing the cars... after they'd already been given them. in the middle of the season. So self interest was so friggen high it was ridiculous. The best example other than RCB/Zytek was in GT3, because TNR kept winning the other teams kept saying the GTR was too fast and needed to lose hp. There were even claims that the YT liveried GTR was faster than the Schulze version. DaBomb went out of his way to run great laps in every car cursing the entire way about understeer, but his input was ignored, and you ended up with the same BoP for the 2016 Bathurst race. Jono was a huge fan as I recall. We got as far as Spa 24 with the "GTR OP" before people started to realise that actually, no, no it wasn't the car.

And yeah, these sweet endurance races bring out the nostalgia for what can only be described as an epic series, it had its flaws however it was still the biggest and best long-term endurance racing project to exist. Actual 24 hour races!!
    [/tangent]
    (For real this time)
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That GT-R almost drove me to jumping off the harbour bridge
    StigsTC and seth123 like this.
  7. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    How do you think DaBomb felt through all of 2015 lol, you guys only had it for 1 race! Then when the team got told they had it again in 2016, they made a compromise with AJ along the lines of "We won't race in GT3 unless we get a different car."
    It killed me when people said that car was OP, I was 4 tenths up in the Audis at Spa.
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I managed to annoy beau to get us more horsepower for Suzuka, AJ said here’s 5hp I think he ended up giving us another 10 on top so the car wasn’t so booty butt cheeks, but still wasn’t a spring chicken more like the ones Woolworths forget to take off display and go mouldy

The entire car change was so funny cause AJ wouldn’t let us paint the car cause he’d already got all this imaginary paperwork our car has to be fleet commodore white and the wheels had to be silver, he didn’t want to alter his stuff and change our white dot to green but let us drive a completely new car instead

The BOP whoever did it did roughly 5 Laps since it wasn’t bad when both cars were stock but once you removed the Camber off the BRZ it picked up like over a second whereas the RX7 barely made any gains :thumbsup:

That’s why the BOP here is so good jono tests all cars with ballpark downforce, diff settings ect and all you’ve
    Got to do is fine tune it yourself from there

We were like 19 Laps Down when I got in the car anyway at the middle of the night for spa and Raceonoz had already done its damage
  9. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17 Rookie

@JonoStan96
    Will someone ask for their Toyota TS050 back if I decided to partner up with my long-standing teammate @NoirAntares?

Edit - GTPES Spa24... HERE I GO PTSD'ING AGAIN!!
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Nah, Keeden is teaming up with me in the Audi so there is zero chance of that happening :)
    seth123 likes this.
  11. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Extra 50 kgs ballast for U2MOFOS
    StigsTC likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sorry @JonoStan96 I am down in sydney the night of this, so unfortunately won't be able to host/safety car :(
    seth123 likes this.
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Hand in your moderator badge
  14. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Dont need 1, we’ll just use halos instead
  15. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I'll be the danger... i mean safety car
    StigsTC likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Qualifying will have tyre wear and fuel burn disabled.

A PSN chat will be setup so you can send screenshots of your total laps.

The pit lane is CLOSED during this session, however you can exit the circuit to tune the car but it will make your previous laps null and void unless you provide screenshots before re entering the track.
    StigsTC likes this.
  17. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    You have to BoP a car that is at least 9/10ths the way there. And in GT6, stock setups were absolutely no bueno. Its why BoP for this takes so long, because you aren't just running the cars, you're tweaking them and getting them sorted out before you get the times.

VERY YAY.
    BOOOOO!!! Seems kind of silly, what's the logic?
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    He wanted to annoy someone
    JonoStan96 and StigsTC like this.
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    You won't need to pit when there is no wear, why would you anyway?
  20. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I mean where do I park my car when I do three 3:18s in the first 20 minutes?
    I must be reading the intent of the nullifying laps rules wrong, do you mean you have to screencap before you leave the track, and then submit those photos to PSN chat before you can rejoin the circuit for them to count?