GT Sport Season 4 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 12, 2018.

1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Good to have you back. :thumbsup:
    Apex_64 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 6 : Willow Springs International Raceway - Big - 33 laps - Dusk 19:50 Sunny - 9/9
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type has been changed to Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.

TYRES : You can use any of the sports tyre compounds at any time

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

THE DIRT : Be very careful of the dirt. 1 tyre off can cause you major headaches. Be especially careful on the last corner not to run into the pits from off track or you risk being reset and losing a lap.
  3. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Won't be racing tonight.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Good race from me since I didn't run off track!

Qualified bottom half but picked up places during the race to come 5th
    @Captain_Risky_21 & @apex2691 made contact at the final corner
    @razor4797 also went off later after I had gotten past a few laps before.
    Could not catch @Noremac though.

Well done @KeedenMcdonald on the win
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  5. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Another one to forget...

Sorry @apex2691 completely misjudged the corner and wiped us both out, completely my fault.
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Always a good hard fair race against Jim
  8. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Our Manufacturers Cup race here was good practice. Our battle reminded me why I'm in ROOZ in the first place. Epic.
    Hatfield and Knuckles like this.
  9. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Well done to the podium finishers.

Apologies on behalf of my bloody internet for causing havoc for me during that race, I know there were a lot of bumps and taps that may or may not have been lag induced (hard to tell due to how much the cars were jumping around).
    Found it very difficult to follow other cars because of this too, both distracting and worried about hitting them.

Fingers crossed it won’t ever be that bad again
  10. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I sucked. My reward for the lack of practice. 20 laps before the race might not be enough on a track like this. See you all next week.
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    As it was my wheel turned off 3 times :mad: (I was running on 270 degrees afterwards) and I would not of been able to race with those up front anyway, so it didn't matter in the end.
    Alas it will be a short lived return, as I need a new wheel to race.
    Well done to Beau, Knuckles and Bryan on the podium. :thumbsup:
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated OP
    Round 7: Circuit de Sainte-Croix B - 19 laps - Evening 15:10 Fine Weather - 16/9
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 7 : Circuit de Sainte-Croix B - 19 laps - Evening 15:10 Fine Weather - 16/9
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type has been changed to Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.

TYRES : You can use any of the sports tyre compounds at any time

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  14. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Just had something come up so won't make it. Good luck for tonight and thanks for a great season as always
  15. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  16. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    You're all banned from saying that. I've trademarked it.
    Matthyus likes this.
  17. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I said nothing
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    well what an interesting final round.
    qualified in 4th and was going well into 2nd after turn 1.
    had some contact on the inside at turn 3 (tight left) which meant my run was compromised.
    kept making little errors which allowed passes to happen and ended up last, but it was an extremely close train from around 3rd to last
    Then coming to the end of the bridge I see all cars in front of me in the wall... this continues for half a lap as I take the lead
    and then get disconnected... lol
    oh well, it was fun while it lasted
  19. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield 2:26.165
    emmo46 likes this.
  20. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Disappointing way to end. Sat night practice had good speed and consistency. Sunday morning had pedal problems, swapped pedals. Nowhere. Swapped back still nowhere. Pace was left out on track thou, on all the grass and barriers. Should be my best overall result to date at rooz so cant complain to much
    emmo46 likes this.