Division 2 - Season 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Should be room mate
    natmanscoop likes this.
  2. Anthonyb

3. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Good to be back folks, can't believe there was only 10 when the grid was over-subscribed at start of the season!
    I went too conservative at the start trying to stay out of everyone's way, ended up tagging someone into T4 after being swamped through T1/2 (soz!)
    I treated the remainder as a test to learn the car once I was last, it HATES the outside edge of the Copse exit kerb!

My tyres didn't get changed at the stop, has that happened to anyone else? Had to stop again, adding insult to last-place injury. Cyas next week
    Duncs_48, Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  4. Anthonyb

You need to make sure in your pit strategy they tyres are not set to recommended if the wear isn't enough they won't be changed.
    natmanscoop likes this.
  5. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Aaaaahhhhh.. . . Cheers!
  6. Anthonyb

I think we had 4 away last night that has been the smallest field we have had all season.
  7. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Q: 8th
    R: 5th

Got a good start, made up spots into T1, 2 & 3 up into i think 4th then got tagged and around i went. back to 6th, kept pace with a few of the guys in front of me. several laps later had my own moment out of Copse on those damn curbs and sliding along the wall facing the wrong way and of course it takes ages to stop on the grass. By the time I get going, I'm in 8th about 7 seconds behind 7th.

Closed the gap to about 4.5-5 seconds before pitting end of lap 10. Started to find some consistent pace with the reducing fuel load and started to haul in the deficit. Made up a couple of spots with others having moments, and eventually got to within about 2 seconds when @Ad2mny had a moment out of the final turn and spun across the pit straight gifting me another spot. Just kept it on track for the final couple of laps for the 5th spot finish.

Had a great battle with @Anthonyb for a bit while chasing down Ad2mny at the same time.

On to the last round!
    Duncs_48, Ad2mny and Anthonyb like this.
  8. Anthonyb

Q: 5th
    R: 6th
    Another great race shame about turn 4 incident on lap 1. Got a reasonable start and stayed in 5th but found the car a little slippery compared to the practice room earlier. With this I fould the lead group slowly pully away from me and the group behind starting to real me in.
    Pitted end of lap 6 and took hards on front softs to the rear. Still slippery maybe even more so. Head down and push on with people pitting and spinning I made way back through the field had a good battle with @Ad2mny I think I was holding up more than anything as when he got past he drove away from me.
    Next was @disturboed on my tail and again I was holding him up but didn't want to make it too easy. He got past me after a couple of laps at turn 4. I stuck with him for a few laps and ads had a spin. Turbo came onto @natmanscoop and got past easily as for me he had good pace and a fat ass. Good work natman on FL. Finished in 6th which was better than I expected with no practice.
    Congrats @Jim_aka_The_Man on the win well done @Duncs_48 and @Bounty05 on rounding out the podium.
    See you on track
    Ant
    Jim_aka_The_Man, Duncs_48 and Ad2mny like this.
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Was a bit surprised at my pace in the actual race. Considering I was nearly 2 secs off the pace in the practice lobby I thought for sure I’d end up getting lapped, but it seems the pace slowed considerably in the race lobby for whatever reason and I could keep up.

It didn’t really help though lol.

Made it through the melee in the first few corners relatively unscathed, and gave someone a little ‘love shunt’ into the hairpin (turn 4?) but there was no blood and nobody fell off the track so was all good. Once we’d gotten through the first few laps I was in 6th and the lead pack was about 10 secs up the road and a good gap back to 7th. I stayed out as long as I dared, and was nearly the last to pit end of lap 9. At some stage @COME_AND_GET_ME7 came out the pits just ahead and I tried to use him to pull me up to the front but his pace out the turns was too much for me and once I lost his draft he was gone. I was close enough to turbo to see his spin which put me back up to 6th, then I had @Anthonyb struggling in the turns and bleeding tenths on every exit. We clashed for a couple of turns as Anthony desperately tried to keep me behind but my fresh front soft tyres meant I had all the advantages both in and out the turns. Inevitably I found a way past as he pushed wide on the exit but our little dice had allowed turbo to close the gap. I opened it up a little as he too clashed with Antb but it was to no avail...

This is my only gripe with this game. When I try hard enough and there is the incentive to push, I can be pretty damn consistent. I may not be the fastest in this div, but I can string together some laps, hit my marks every lap, drive the same bit of tarmac lap after lap. I can understand that the grip level drops as the tyres wear, and eventually your lap times drop. My problem is i can be as consistent as :):):):), but all of a sudden for no reason at all the stupid car will slide in a place it never had before, and there will be no saving it no matter whether you try drive out or slow down or shift up or down or stick your tongue out or even just let go of the wheel. It pisses me off when you’re in a good position then something stupid happens like that. Anyway that’s what happened and I lost my two places I’d just made up and after a couple more frustrating mistakes I was lucky to finish in 7th.

Well done to the podium.
    Anthonyb and Duncs_48 like this.
  10. Duncs_48

Duncs_48 Rookie

PSN ID
    duncs_48
    Not a bad race for me, had a cracking start, but was too brave into t1, ran wide and ended up back in 4th. Had a cracking battle with the front 4 for the first 1/4 of the race, we were no more the 3 seconds apart, was very enjoyable and very consistent! Luckily cagme had a spin otherwise I had no pace compared to Jim and cagme, and somehow jumped bounty in the pits from memory. After that it was pretty uneventful, head down, smash out laps without mistakes and hope that Jim makes one, which he didn’t. Nice win mate, hopefully we can get a full grid for the next round.
    Jim_aka_The_Man, Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.
  11. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  12. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  13. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    All fixed mate
    Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Round 7 : Imola (enduro) - 16/9/18 - 55 LAPS
    - Qual Time - @ 1pm - (1 weather slot - Med Cloud)
    -
    Race Time - @ 2pm - Light cloud / Clear / Medium cloud / Light Cloud
    - Time progression - X15
    -
    Compulsory pit stop - YES
    -
    Fuel : Real
    -
    TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    -
    Weather progression : Sync to race

[​IMG]

Juzzy HOTLAP ?!

Where the bloody hell has that season gone ? Well done to everyone who has stuck it out, good luck in the prize draw in a few weeks.

A few small issues in last weeks race, thanks to everyone for sorting it out on track.
    Best of luck to those fighting for the drivers championship. Its tough to win a championship, so enjoy it when you do, or if you're in the fight ;)

This week is the enduro round, and you will need to be on top of your fuel burn as we will be running with
    FUEL BURN ON, meaning you will need to set up your pit strat to take fuel.....I will put up a strat i think may work based on some loose figures @Ad2mny and i got last night.....Make sure you are across it..... SEE NOTES BELOW

ROOM OPEN : Room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

QUALIFYING : 10 mins as normal, pit lane is OPEN this round.

ENDURO NOTES :
    55 laps will be a long slog, remember will be a 24hr cycle, so we will have a run through the night as well.
    - Do some prac laps with a full tank of fuel....you will need too adjust your brake markers accordingly
    -
    DO SOME PRAC TO SEE WHAT YOUR FUEL BURN IS ! I was running last night at 'about' 3.05L per lap, but will average up to 3.15 to be sure. Some guys are as high as 3.4, so if you dont have time to prac then i would average at 3.4L per lap to be safe on fuel.
    - Our fuel fill at the start of the race was 91.5L. Captains, make sure everyone is on that level.
    - For me, based on 3.15L per lap, i will need 173.25L for the race. Less the start fuel of 91.5L, i will need to add about 82L. Im not sure if i will 1 stop and add 82, or 2 stop, take tyres and short fill 41L per stop. Welcome to the strategy game ! This will be something to work through with your team mates, if you get stuck though let me know and will help you out as best i can.
    - If you are struggling to set up in your pit strat just let me know...everyone should be across the stops now, its just a case of knowing how many stops you are making, your fuel burn and how much to add.
    - Tyre pressures.... most of the guys are saying that they are trying to run their pressures in the mid 180s.... i have found that the race start pressures get too high, in the mid 190s, so i would recommend dropping them a little in your pit strat....Again, if your having issues just let me know.

BASIC STRATEGIES : BASED ON 3.3L PER LAP
    - 1 STOP - Fuel Needed = 182L / start race on 91.5L so you will need to add 91L to get home....Your pit window will be from lap 26 to 29....
    - 2 STOP
    - Start on 91.5L pit - pit end of lap 17 and add 45L - Will have 'about' 84L
    - Pit again end lap 41 and add 40L - will have about 48L to get home, should finish with about 2 laps fuel in tank.....

Hope that helps the guys who dont have time for long runs in prac.... If anyone sees any glaring issues with my primitive maths let us know and can add in any adjustments to help those who need it !

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Has been a bit of history here, the run into 1 is pretty fast and is a bit of a pinch point... be aware of those around you, and give room. We all know the drill.

TRACK LIMITS : Track limits will remain as they always have, you must have 2 wheels on OR inside the ripple strips at all times. Make a mistake or 2 and thats ok, but making CLEAR advantage from cutting the track will see you penalised. If you do it consistently, you may even be DSQ from the race.

- TURN 8 has been an issue in the past, you are NOT permitted to run wide on the exit. You must remain on the ripple strip on the right.
    -
    TURN 10 (bottom of the hill) you cannot run continually wide (to the left).

- The EXIT of 12 (back chicane) you CAN run onto the green syn grass, on the right of track. Running wider than that (the concrete runoff) will be considered exceeding track limits.

Have to say everyone has been really good the last few seasons so not expecting any issues....people do watch the replays though ;)

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : As you know, most of the guys are running HARDS on the front from their stop, and i found last night that they were faster for me. The strategy game will be either a 1 or 2 stop, and how much you want to run the full soft in the first stint...

CAR SET UP : There are 2 options for car sets up that people can make.

'LOOSE' or 'STABLE'. It is up to you what setting you use, and it may vary based on the track being used. I would recommend trying both to see what gives the best lap times
    - Loose seems to be the best setup to be on. The car turns in much better.

- Make sure you load your setup before going to track.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT :

- ENTRY : Is pretty simple, entry is just after the exit of TURN 15. Is a short run though to the control line, so make sure you dont cop a penalty for speeding on pit entry.
    - EXIT : Watch for cars on the entry to 1. Could be tight if you come out in traffic.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are racing. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will doing any protests just on our own platform. The stewards group will again consist of Myself, Ad2mny, Gary... if you feel the need to protest, you need to make us aware by PM on midnight Monday following the race. You will also need to have Video evidence of your protest, or ask the room host to have a look on their replay. You may appeal any stewards decision, and the final decision will be made by Koastr. If there is an issue in the race DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE ROOM OR ON THE FORUM.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Does fuelling actually add the amount of fuel specified in the strategy now?
  16. Anthonyb

Yes if you add 60 ltrs you will get 60 ltrs on top of whats left in tank.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  17. Anthonyb

Anybody interested in a run in the endurance race tonight around monza
  18. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Is the enduro round double points or is it still same as every other round?
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Sorry guys, not gonna make it tonight.
  20. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    oh nuts, looks like my daughter has deleted my game install, so now having to download all the patches again.
    timer is showing 50 minutes..... gonna be close for me.