Division 1 - Season 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good run the other night lads.....Start was a :):):):) fight not really of anyones doing , unfortunatly seemed was a slight glitch which caught a few of us out.....

I ran up someones arse and spun them after they had hit the person in front of them, the wall on the right didnt give me anywhere to go other than up your tailpipe.....Given my lack of prac and :):):):) pace, i waited for everyone and was dead last by turn 1, and other than that only saw others after they pitted or made a mistake.....Had a good little battle with @t_b_williams for a lap or 2, only got in front due to an error from him with 5 to go..... he was so much faster so go got lucky with that....
    On to the enduro.... great track in this car..... seems more gripped up and stable than some of the other tracks....
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Round 7 : Imola (enduro) - 16/9/18 - 55 LAPS
    - Qual Time - @ 1pm - (1 weather slot - Med Cloud)
    -
    Race Time - @ 2pm - Light cloud / Clear / Medium cloud / Light Cloud
    - Time progression - X15
    -
    Compulsory pit stop - YES
    -
    Fuel : Real
    -
    TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    -
    Weather progression : Sync to race

[​IMG]

Juzzy HOTLAP ?!

Where the bloody hell has that season gone ? Well done to everyone who has stuck it out, good luck in the prize draw in a few weeks.

A few small issues in last weeks race, thanks to everyone for sorting it out on track.
    Best of luck to those fighting for the drivers championship. Its tough to win a championship, so enjoy it when you do, or if you're in the fight ;)

This week is the enduro round, and you will need to be on top of your fuel burn as we will be running with
    FUEL BURN ON, meaning you will need to set up your pit strat to take fuel.....I will put up a strat i think may work based on some loose figures @Ad2mny and i got last night.....Make sure you are across it..... SEE NOTES BELOW

ROOM OPEN : Room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

QUALIFYING : 10 mins as normal, pit lane is OPEN this round.

ENDURO NOTES :
    55 laps will be a long slog, remember will be a 24hr cycle, so we will have a run through the night as well.
    - Do some prac laps with a full tank of fuel....you will need too adjust your brake markers accordingly
    -
    DO SOME PRAC TO SEE WHAT YOUR FUEL BURN IS ! I was running last night at 'about' 3.05L per lap, but will average up to 3.15 to be sure. Some guys are as high as 3.4, so if you dont have time to prac then i would average at 3.4L per lap to be safe on fuel.
    - Our fuel fill at the start of the race was 91.5L. Captains, make sure everyone is on that level.
    - For me, based on 3.15L per lap, i will need 173.25L for the race. Less the start fuel of 91.5L, i will need to add about 82L. Im not sure if i will 1 stop and add 82, or 2 stop, take tyres and short fill 41L per stop. Welcome to the strategy game ! This will be something to work through with your team mates, if you get stuck though let me know and will help you out as best i can.
    - If you are struggling to set up in your pit strat just let me know...everyone should be across the stops now, its just a case of knowing how many stops you are making, your fuel burn and how much to add.
    - Tyre pressures.... most of the guys are saying that they are trying to run their pressures in the mid 180s.... i have found that the race start pressures get too high, in the mid 190s, so i would recommend dropping them a little in your pit strat....Again, if your having issues just let me know.

BASIC STRATEGIES : BASED ON 3.3L PER LAP
    - 1 STOP - Fuel Needed = 182L / start race on 91.5L so you will need to add 91L to get home....Your pit window will be from lap 26 to 29....
    - 2 STOP
    - Start on 91.5L pit - pit end of lap 17 and add 45L - Will have 'about' 84L
    - Pit again end lap 41 and add 40L - will have about 48L to get home, should finish with about 2 laps fuel in tank.....

Hope that helps the guys who dont have time for long runs in prac.... If anyone sees any glaring issues with my primitive maths let us know and can add in any adjustments to help those who need it !

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Has been a bit of history here, the run into 1 is pretty fast and is a bit of a pinch point... be aware of those around you, and give room. We all know the drill.

TRACK LIMITS : Track limits will remain as they always have, you must have 2 wheels on OR inside the ripple strips at all times. Make a mistake or 2 and thats ok, but making CLEAR advantage from cutting the track will see you penalised. If you do it consistently, you may even be DSQ from the race.

- TURN 8 has been an issue in the past, you are NOT permitted to run wide on the exit. You must remain on the ripple strip on the right.
    -
    TURN 10 (bottom of the hill) you cannot run continually wide (to the left).

- The EXIT of 12 (back chicane) you CAN run onto the green syn grass, on the right of track. Running wider than that (the concrete runoff) will be considered exceeding track limits.

Have to say everyone has been really good the last few seasons so not expecting any issues....people do watch the replays though ;)

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : As you know, most of the guys are running HARDS on the front from their stop, and i found last night that they were faster for me. The strategy game will be either a 1 or 2 stop, and how much you want to run the full soft in the first stint...

CAR SET UP : There are 2 options for car sets up that people can make.

'LOOSE' or 'STABLE'. It is up to you what setting you use, and it may vary based on the track being used. I would recommend trying both to see what gives the best lap times
    - Loose seems to be the best setup to be on. The car turns in much better.

- Make sure you load your setup before going to track.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT :

- ENTRY : Is pretty simple, entry is just after the exit of TURN 15. Is a short run though to the control line, so make sure you dont cop a penalty for speeding on pit entry.
    - EXIT : Watch for cars on the entry to 1. Could be tight if you come out in traffic.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are racing. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will doing any protests just on our own platform. The stewards group will again consist of Myself, Ad2mny, Gary... if you feel the need to protest, you need to make us aware by PM on midnight Monday following the race. You will also need to have Video evidence of your protest, or ask the room host to have a look on their replay. You may appeal any stewards decision, and the final decision will be made by Koastr. If there is an issue in the race DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE ROOM OR ON THE FORUM.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    Spidey_11 and garyw61 like this.
  3. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    stucar17, garyw61, Spidey_11 and 2 others like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Only just got home from work boys, thanks for having me this season despite my invisibility for most of it.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Gotta love 3 phantom button presses in 2 laps.
    Pulled up in pits.
    Not sure what happened to V8.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. Shane Edgar

Shane Edgar Rookie

Congrats slambo
    It was a fight to the bitter end
    Dam countback wins
    SuiCid3, TheJuzzy, Spidey_11 and 4 others like this.
  7. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

One thing that isn't entirely clear to me when it comes to the drop round, if someone gets bonus points during their lowest scoring round, do they also drop the bonus points from their final result?
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yes i believe so. AFAIK it's the lowest score in total that is dropped which would include any bonus points scored.
    TheJuzzy and SUBGTRACER like this.
  9. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Good racing last night guys my stradigy and lack of mistakes paid off.
    Cheers for the season guys had a good turnout every week,
    Good battle To the end Shane after last weeks mishaps I thought I had blown it for this championship,
    Cheers stu for all ya hard work mate
    Bring on season 5.
    SuiCid3, stucar17, TheJuzzy and 6 others like this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I always thought that the FL and Pole points stayed if they were in your drop round.....ill have to go back and check o_O

@Slambobagan and @Shane Edgar great seasons guys......fantastic when out top div goes down to the wire and great racing was had !

My night was a shocker..... in the prac room at 7:30 i was having phantom button presses, so i bailed, turned everything off, ripped the wheel off, hit with the contact cleaner, put it back on, and got the race room up.... NO prac for a week again saw me well off the pace and was trundling around in 4th when everyone in front fell off the road....had @garyw61 on my taill for a few laps, then i had a message from one of the other divs that distracted me into a spin...... :mad:
    Bundled it up, got going again but then on about lap 22 had 2 phantoms again so i parked up .... Shame we only had a small grid for the final, was some great racing with the 12-14 cars most weeks......
    on to the BMW TC, for the next season where i hope to get some more prac and get back into the mid pack......

As for the season itself, i want to thank everyone for some really good racing.... Again, the fact we only had 1 protest across all three divs for the entire season, is testament to everyone giving room and more importantly redressing on track and sorting any issues. Thanks to @TheJuzzy for his hotlaps, nothing like a bit of comic relief to get you through the week.....(did you like the car or not juz?!) Also thanks to @Bounty05 for the great job he has done with the tables...... tough job trying to collate from 3 different divs with results coming from people when available....

To everyone who hosted rooms, thanks..... can be a tough job trying to sort issues with connections etc, on the whole things seemed to work out ok even with the tin can system we have to work with here in Oz ! @Ad2mny @garyw61 @SuiCid3 @PaulCox @Fudge_Monkey @rossi0nsx thanks for your help in the rooms you were involved in....

Lastly, a huge thanks to our sponsors SELBY, IGNITION CONTROLS and TURN LEFT who have stumped up for this season some great prizes. Will sort with draw master @Anon666 to get a rough date for when the goodies will be won !

Hope we see you all for the next season in the BMW TC, a car that isnt quite as manic, and has given AWESOME close racing every time i've jumped in it.....Please get your entry in ASAP so we can start to sort through the div placements....Im short on time these days so the sooner i know the easier it makes it overall.....;)
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-5-entry-thread.3349/page-2#post-178920
    Cheers stu
    Ant_427, TheJuzzy, garyw61 and 2 others like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @stucar17 if you get pole and/or FL and it is your drop round, you still drop those points.
    TheJuzzy and stucar17 like this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    thats what i thought !
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    but you just said...
    MAKE UP YOUR STU MIND!
  14. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Have we ever had the result of a Div 1 c'ship ride on the answer to that question?
    SuiCid3 and TheJuzzy like this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Dont believe so....
    LOL, should have read it properly ! I was always under the impression that FL and pole stood alone in each round, regardless of how many points that driver got for their round.... I havnt done the point scores since GT5 days, so my memory is a bit hazy. Its a separate thing to points for position, so imo they should stay
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It is my understanding that you drop the worst round, that would include any bonus point from that round. In my first season here with stu scoring my dropped round was a 5th with FL and the whole round was dropped. I have been scoring that way ever since I started doing the scoring.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, if thats the way its been done for the whole time then we will continue to do so.
    @Bounty05 ....
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n