Season 16: 'Murica!! F#*k Yeah!!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

2. Rolz

@mesafto
    So the 15th of October is our S17-R1 :D
    Godzilla and Hatfield like this.
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Well done @andyo450 on the clean sweep, awesome to have someone at that kind of pace to set a benchmark and show what can be done, looking forward to the day I can challenge that
    Awesome and well deserved p2 for @Rolz in the championship as well, was hoping to give you a better run at the end, always the next one.

As for this race, that’s what I get for updating to the latest Nvidia drivers, damn you BF5... graphics driver crashed so the image froze in the Rift and all I had was sound, so to make it worse I could still hear the car smashing in to the barrier. That’s two out of the last three season final races I’ve had an issue (dropped net for F1 season) and both while running P2.

Enjoyed his season quiet a bit, the Vette is a good race car and it was interesting trying to manage the softer tyres at times. Thanks all who raced, bring on the next season, will finally be racing in a proper frame for that I’d say instead of my crappy office chair/wheel on desk combo
    jlynn777, c4rLo5, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  4. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Just wondering whether it would be helpful to do end of season feedback (constructive only!)?
    The reason why is because it looks like we dropped half the grid for various reasons. E.g track choice, car choice, points, setups etc... In the previous few seasons i think we kept momentum of 20+ drivers?
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

The V8 season seamed hugely popular, probably largest grids I have seen. Guessing right from the start the car wasn’t super popular this season as I never saw too many people running practice laps, and here without a good bit of practice you won’t get much chance of a decent points finish and possibly get demotivated.

For me I’m happy to race anything anywhere as long as there’s people to race against, never personally understood the whole not racing because you don’t like the car/track thing.
    Bogor and Rolz like this.
  6. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Yeah so for me im sorta in the same bucket, I enjoy the racing mostly week in week out which was why i stuck it out for about 4 races. The reason I left half way was because I never got a good feeling for the car. And i think expanding that out it means lack of detail in FFB, as opposed to actual car dynamics (weight transfer, lock ups, oversteer). you visually see weight transfer, locks ups, over-steer, cues, but nothing felt through the steering. I spent some considerable time tinkering with FFB and also car setups but TBH never felt in control of the car. After weeks of racing the immersion degrades because you cant feel the car and you start to become bored of it.
  7. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Well done @andyo450 what a demolition of the championship! Congrats to @Rolz and @Godzilla too.
    Thanks @Anon666 and @Rolz for putting the season together.

It's a shame we lost a few numbers after the V8SC's...that was probably my favourite season so far.
    For someone with my 'skill' level, on the limit the C7R is very twitchy + nervous = frustrating. If you guys weren't so dang fast then I could run high aero and then it would probably feel nice :roflmao: I like a car that's difficult to drive but this one didn't feel too rewarding when I got it right (rare occasion). Maybe that's why a few dropped out. Probably also because it simply isn't a V8SC. And even though I gave the nod to the C7R against the V8SC in the car vote, after doing the V8SC season I would have leaned towards a different type of car.
    Anyway, the tracks were fun. I really liked that mid-ohio one although in real life it would probably turn your spine to dust :confused:
    As always the racing around me was fun around mid-pack, so I'm happy :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next season!! :sneaky:
    What's the go with the other 3 servers....does anyone use those or can we switch them up? Personally would like to have a V8SC server or two. Maybe an F1 server, that BMW we used in the last fun run was really nice.
    krunch, Bogor and c4rLo5 like this.
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Feedback away. If your ideas are too good, just be aware that you will be given a job.
    marty and KoAStR like this.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    My thoughts exactly! :p
  10. Mael

Mael Professional

Agree with Godzilla, the Corvette would not have been my choice but it made the season a challenge and meant battling against a different cohort of drivers. And compared to some of the mod cars its not that bad!

Time to do a Type 49 season, should teach people to be grateful :D
    jlynn777 and Godzilla like this.
  11. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

haha.. so just give average ones then. :laugh:
  12. Rolz

Just working with Anon on a possible alternative location for the servers, just due to the increase cost that current mob has been charging... all going well we should have it back to 5 like before :thumbsup:
    jlynn777 likes this.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congrats @andyo450 on dominating the championship through and through. Welcome to the Hall of Fame - I am sure it's the first of many titles. And to our division 2 winners :p @Rolz gratz on moving up a step for PB championship standing and @Godzilla making it two in a row on the podium. -- . Cheers all.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Peter Wise, krunch, c4rLo5 and 3 others like this.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

@KoAStR Think you will find I finished 10th at Sarthe as PC crashed
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    oh damn I think I grabbed the wrong weeks sim results. thanks mate will fix
  16. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Well done Andy, Rolz, Godzilla and Stiggy! Had a lot of fun chasing you all throughout.

I race this league because it allows for open setups and I find that’s as close as I can get to racing in real life without blowing thousands of dollars unnecessarily. I compete for the half a dozen or so people who regularly test to try and improve the car’s speed throughout the week between rounds. It’s a race to understand the car. Some have a lot more experience than others in this regard. But you improve by learning what all the stuff does only through testing, and next time you have a better idea what you need to adjust. I think my average placing this season was 4th to 6th and I had to work quite hard to get that. I know the dudes I’m battling are (mostly) testing just as much, so it makes you respect the work that they do too and you do your best to not take them out. Some of the battles this season have been the best I’ve had on ROOZ Assetto, so for me the small grids are not consequential.

As long as this league has a decent assortment of drivers, I think it’ll continue to attract the right sort of competition to it.
    Peter Wise, krunch, jlynn777 and 3 others like this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. Rolz

19. Rolz

20. Rolz