AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S16-S17

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Just setting up a Fun Run Series whilst we wait for Season 17 to start

Race 1 - DTM at Nurburgring Sprint
    Content is Kunos
    Race will be Monday 24th Sept
    Will have 2x 13lap Sprint (no compulsory pit) with 2nd race reverse grid.

Race 2 - Shelby at Vallalunga (Classic)
    Content is Kunos DLC
    Race will be Monday 1st October
    Will have 40min +1lap. No Pits enforced!
    If you can last the whole race without a mistake in this thing you deserve to win!!
    Password: Shelby2018

Race 3 - Ford Transit at Silverstone National
    Content is Ford Transit and Kunos
    Will have 15laps x2, Race 2 will be reverse Grid.
    Race will be Monday 8th October - DST has kicked in!!
    I put a vote up and it was accepted that we push it back 30min for NSW/Vic

Official Practice now starts
    Prac - 6pm (WA) 8pm (Qld) 9pm (Vic/NSW)
    Qual - 6:30pm (WA) 8:30pm (Qld) 9:30pm (Vic/NSW)
    Race - 6:45pm (WA) 8:45pm (Qld) 9:45pm (Vic/NSW)

Races will be popped into a stracker championship, located here: http://rooz.simracer.me:50041/championship

Seasoned racers will know the drill, but for those new to our fine forum, please read the Code of Conduct and Racers Guide, both good reads and worth a second look if it's been a while.
    The plan will be to have the rooms open from 8.30pm AEST (East Coast is all back on the same time again) and to start qualifying at 9pm. There will be 15 minutes of qualifying depending on the length of the track, and then into the race, usually around 45 minutes.

More races info to follow...
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  2. Rolz

Server is up, will work out race distance server by Thursday night.
    marty and Bogor like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Some states will never get it, losing an hour is still too hard to accept for them. :D
    [​IMG]
    Godzilla and Rolz like this.
  4. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Rolz, Mael and jlynn777 like this.
  5. Rolz

great idea, but might have to be 3rd week as @Bogor has already twisted my arm with the Shelby...
    marty and Bogor like this.
  6. Rolz

Updated race info for Monday Race 1 and Car/Track combo for Race2/3 :)
    Bogor likes this.
  7. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

13 laps! Hmm I wonder how the softs will hold up over that distance?
    I think I need to test Mediums....
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Cool I will need to run some laps tomorrow, I did always like these cars in AC and have mostly just been running ACC lately so will be nice to compare its older brother again.
  9. Rolz

I've shared my 13lap setup for the BMW on stracker :thumbsup:
    Bogor, c4rLo5 and KoAStR like this.
  10. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Looks like I'm driving the beemer. :thumbsup:
    Bogor likes this.
  11. Rolz

Hey all, just 2 things for tonight...
    1 - damage set to 50% due to random's joining popularity so if you get a shunt the night isn't over straight away (I miss Minorating so much)
    2 - once the race(s) start you can't join, again due to preventing random's from joining in 1/2 through and then jumping onto the tack potentially ruining someone's night... sorry for those late joiners :(

Will probably do this for the whole Fun Run series
    Bogor likes this.
  12. Rolz

Peter, sorry I kicked u, try to join right at race start :(
  13. Rolz

Godzilla and KoAStR like this.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That was great fun, thanks for arranging @Rolz :)
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  15. Rolz

c4rLo5, Godzilla and Bogor like this.
  16. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Thanks for setting up the run and sharing your setup Rolz.
    I did a lot of laps getting ready for this race. I was comfortable with my pace, not near the fast guys however fast enough to have some nice battles with the others at my pace.
    Race one and I started near the back. The inevitable happened and I was punted out of turn 2 by a random racer. It's great racing with a bigger field and new people, just frustrating when they have no race craft and just take you out.
    I managed to work my way back up and had some fun with the overtakes.
    Race 2 saw me starting at the front. I just tried to stay in front, I enjoyed the close and clean racing but after 4 great laps the faster guys took their opportunity and eventually I ended up in last place.
    Looking forward to next weeks race, the sound of the Shelby is great, the tyres not so much. It will be fun learning to make this car go fast around the corners.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was fun racing again as its been since the v8 season that I and had my last race at ROOZ. I do miss MR as it makes it rather tough to try have an open server.

Here is race 2 with some good close battles most of the way, unfortunatly I let Andy past on an error last lap and couldnt quite catch the lead pack over the distance, had fun trying though. :D

c4rLo5, andyo450, jlynn777 and 4 others like this.
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Haven't been on AC or had any door to door racing for aaaages. Really enjoyed getting that fix last night, thanks all* and @Rolz for organising. Did zero practice but couldn't pass up the opportunity to drive these cars and fortunately had a first pass setup in the bank from last year that felt good with just brake and gear tweaks. Public holiday in WA got me the play pass this week... have to wait and see how next week pans out but pretty keen to drive the cobra also - keep 'em coming Rolz :)

*shout outs to @c4rLo5 for the crazy close racing and relentless harassment! And to @Bogor keeping it very tight under immense pressure of the reverse grid!
    c4rLo5, Bogor, marty and 2 others like this.
  19. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Good fun last night gents. That was a great little combo.

Qually was a pretty messy affair for me. Managed to put a decent lap in right at the end to grab pole.

Pole didnt matter too much in the end. Marty and his 4wd alfa made sure of that. He had better drive coming out of the slow corners so passing was difficult. Luckily for me he made a bit of a mistake. I took the lead the and managed to hold on til the flag

My race 2 is in martys vid. I followed him pretty much all race.

Nice job organising this @Rolz.
    c4rLo5, Bogor, marty and 1 other person like this.
  20. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

The Shelby is such a great yet challenging car.
    It's all about throttle control and trail braking. I am learning to get the car balanced.
    At first it feels like a boat, however with a few tweaks to suspension (try lowering it) and the right tyre pressures you can start to get some good laps in.
    Gentle throttle input is the key here, I was always too heavy on the go fast pedal and kept spinning out.
    Once I worked that out, it was then onto the braking, this car will lock the brakes pretty quick so early gentle braking and trail it into the corner seems to work for me.
    I just love the sound of this engine, and in VR with the open top, it is just fantastic.
    The only issue with racing is the number of wreckers we now attract due to MR being taken offline. When you get some close clean racing it feels so rewarding, however your race is easily ruined by a random with 300+ ping just slamming into you.
    It's a fun run and I am having fun, I just wish we could get some cleaner racing in :)