Division 3 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys,

Few things before sunday...... (sorry for the long post but please read so you are up on everything)

We have new guys that have given fast qualy times so they have slotted into div 1, and i have slotted back into Div2 Based on my pace (fastest laps) from last season.

Lunz and steeney17 have re-joined after a few seasons away (welcome back guys) into div 3, and rumbles has asked to be slotted back in div 4. (watch out Col !!)

So please check your division to see your captain and start times.

POINTS FOR SEASON 9. I have decided that points for fastest laps and pole will be dropped this season. This is due to to the tire regs we are running where guys running the hard tire are at a possible 3 point disadvantage because they are no chance of getting pole, or fastest lap on this tire, and i dont think they should be penalized for running a strategy that they think will give them the best chance to win the race.

AS PER RULES AND REGS FOR RACEONOZ PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING.....AUSSIE AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO ADJUDICATE EVERY RACE.......... http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1025

1. CORNER CUTTING : Rules for RACEONOZ state that 2 tires MUST BE ON THE TRACK AT ALL TIMES. The track INCLUDES the ripple strips. Any driver seen to be corner cutting to gain an OBVIOUS advantage will be penalized with time added to their overall race time. Drivers have been penalized for this in the passed, and we (the mods) hate having to adjudicate on this stuff. We do though in the interest of the other racers, and to uphold the integrity of the league

For ROUND 1 AT MONZA the only real issue is the entry to the back straight chicane where you must keep 2 wheels on AT LEAST the rumble strip on the first left. PEOPLE CONTINUALLY STRAIGHT LINING ACROSS THE GREEN TO GAIN ADVANTAGE WILL BE PENALIZED IN THE FORM OF A DRIVE THROUGH ADDED TO THEIR TIME. The 2 lesmos are ok to run wide, you keep 2 wheels on the ripple strip, any wider and you will be building sandcastles !!! Captains please advise of this before the race so EVERYONE knows.

2. RUBBING IS RACING........BUT, like real racing, if the bump is from behind and you gain advantage from ramming people out of the way, you could be penalized if you don't redress. By redressing, we mean waiting for the driver that may have been disadvantaged, letting them past and resuming the battle. Its probably best summed up by, "if in doubt wait" !!! If you are up the inside and have the line, you are free to race hard, but give other drivers room.

3. NO DRIVER ABUSE ON THE FORUM. After the race we ask that, if possible, you add a race report to your division thread. It keeps the forum alive, builds respect between the racers, and also looks good for our sponsors. (who we ask for prizes to hold special 1 off races.....keep an eye on the forum for info on this). If you feel that there has been an issue in the race please go through the PM system to the room captain, and also one of the mods, preferably me or Aussie. I can assure you that i look at any incident without bias, and hand out any penalties as fairly as can be done.

FINALLY.......if the network dumps lots of drivers from a room with the current issues, i may call for a re-run of the round. I think this is only fair given that PD have acknowledged there is an issue. If its only 1 driver you cant put it down to anything, but if its 5 or 6 guys dumped we will re-run the round. Yes we are competitive, but at the end of the day its fun for us, and we want to give everyone the chance to run the rounds.....

Hope you all enjoy the season guys.

Cheers
    Stu, Aussie and ROOZ
  2. Evil X

Evil X New Recruit

Hey evilmoon, friend request sent to link up in your room.
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Just noticed that we have lost our backup host. I am happy to do it unless anyone else really wants it?
  4. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    ummm not to sure Gary will have to ask stu that Question m8, i think he put ur name there hoping you would maybe?
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah sorry Gary, meant to pm you and got busy ... Rumbles has moved back to div 4 so if you could help out would be appreciated.

Cheers stu.
  6. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    No worries aussie/Stu, lock me in!
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    thanks mate..
  8. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Your a Champ Gary.. Thanks mate!!!
  9. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Ok Div 3 boys

You have a Host and a Back Host..
    PLEASE check post 1 in this thread and make sure yous have both..

Thanks Stu & aussie
  10. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Ok, I will check that tomorrow.

My PSN is X-3vi1m00n if any of you have not added me.
  11. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Looks like it could be a battle of evil this season!

Add me too please Evil X in case there are any issues: PSN garyw61
  12. Evil X

Evil X New Recruit

that explains it. i assumed your username was evilmoon. hahaha. Wills end a request to yourself and Gary tonight.
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Hey guys. Hope to be racing against you lot again next Season, dropped to D4 this season (there are reasons outside of the game behind it and not just because I asked). I will miss racing with you guys though :)
  14. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    All the best in div 4 Rumbles. Give 'em hell mate!

Seeya next season.
  15. lunz

lunz New Recruit

Hey guys,

I'm coming back for a try at it again, did it in S1, S2 and maybe a bit of S3 but haven't done it for a while so please play nice....:)

Anyways, looking forward to getting into it, but unfortunately can't play the first round. Got back from Europe this morning and I have a pre-booked "quality time" with the lady tomorrow night ;)

Will see you in round 2!!!

Edit: Btw, will make my choice of car tonight and let everyone know.
  16. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Hey lunz welcome back mate!

I only got back from europe a couple weeks ago as well, have fun with the jet lag! it sucks.
  17. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    DIV 3 Start, Qually and Race Times are in the 1st POST

Please read and make sure you can make the race.

Good Luck every1 and Please play nice. :)

Stu and aussie.
  18. lunz

lunz New Recruit

I'll go calsonic to make it a more colourful grid :)

See you guys next weekend
  19. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    To Easy Lunz
    Welcome Back Mate!! :)
  20. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Was a good race last night. Sounds like all divs had problems entering track for qualy?

Had some good fun in the first few laps swapping positions for the lead with Steeny, until i managed to get a couple of seconds lead. He was only ever a few seconds behind though for most of the race, keeping the pressure on. cj was flying at the end, and another lap or 2 I reckon he would have got me.

Top 3 from memory:

1. garyw61
    2. cjmonkey
    3. Steeney17
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.