Division 3 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I had a good fight with cjmonkey until I misjudged my braking into the last corner at lap ~15. Was surprised to see that he was on Hards.

Here are the results:
    Code:
    Driver        Time       Fastest Lap
    garyw61       45:26.612  1:45.687
    cjmonkey610     +04.391  1:44.138
    steeny17        +11.750  1:46.421
    Aza2672         +25.350  1:45.363
    dainline6       +29.224  1:48.279
    X-3vi1m00n      +43.705  1:46.761
    mmm_homebrew  +1:02.908  1:46.437
    Spooner       +1:37.466  1:45.095
    Lunz             DNS
    sidfire          DNS

Code:
    Fastest Lap   Driver
    1:44.138      cjmonkey610     
    1:45.095      Spooner       
    1:45.363      Aza2672         
    1:45.687      garyw61       
    1:46.421      steeny17        
    1:46.437      mmm_homebrew  
    1:46.761      X-3vi1m00n      
    1:48.279      dainline6       

2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    we had no real connection issues in Div4, only rumble's "power surge" disconnection, and we did only have 5 racing but.
  3. Evil X

Evil X New Recruit

Stoked about running second fasted lap of the race. Maybe next time if I manage to stay on the track a bit more i'll have a better finishing position.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here

Easier said than done at Suzuka!

I am expecting to be beaching it at least a few times this week.
  5. Evil X

Evil X New Recruit

After I bought the Calsonic for this series I cut a number of laps on Suzuka with it, and have raced on there many times and its one of the tracks that I can usually manage to stay on the black stuff on. In saying that I'm going to struggle against some of you anyway.
  6. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

Heya guys,

It will be good to be racing with you tonight as I'm back , I will be in the Xanavi :) big hi to the ones I know from the start of this league - Gary n Aza :) see yas tonight n everyone else in the div
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Get in amongst it Sidfire! :D Good luck.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey sid.......you live !!!!!!

Welcome back mate.
  9. lunz

lunz New Recruit

I might need to miss this race too, depends whether my gf needs picking up from the airport...

You'll know if I can cos I'll be in the room ready for the race :p
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck tonight guys.

Tough track, remember to give each other room and try not get too frustrated round here. Place bites hard !

Looking forward to seeing the results.

Stu
  11. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

Thanks for the race last night guys. In contrast to Monza, it looks like the RH strat prevailed in the end.
    I had a fairly uneventful stint on the RH's for the first 12 laps. The only incident i can recall on the RH's, was a near miss exiting the turn 15 sweeper. When i exited the turn all i could see was dust, and then suddenly a sideways car (Evil)! As i narrowly avoided Evil, i too cliped some grass, but managed to keep it pointed, and only came away with a little knock on a barrier. I knew that from this point it would be interesting because Evil, on RS, was going to be faster for sure, and this showed, because up until my pitstop, he was slowly closing the gap.

Watching the leaders, I saw Gaz, Aza and Dainline pit on 12, so i ran through and took the lead before i decided to pit myself. I exited the pits in 4th, with roughly a 20 second gap between me and gaz in 1st. I decided to push hard, but not too hard. I knew i would be faster on the RS, but i didn't want to throw away that advantage by making a silly error (like i did in monza with my penalty). Closing by around 4-5 seconds a lap, i was quickly on Aza and Dain. They were having their own battle so passing was going to be interesting. On the very next lap, heading up the back straight, az caught the dirt, and i *think* he knocked dain, which also put dain into the dirt. This opened up a nice gap for me to slot between the two jets of dirt and sneak into 2nd.

Gaz had a bit of a lead on us, but with my quicker RS, I had caught him within two laps. I managed to duck inside him through the larger of the S-curves, and from there i was able to push for a big lead. Again, not pushing too hard, as i would risk throwing away the RS advantage. I noticed in the closing laps that Gaz fell from 2nd to 4th. Im guessing he must have found a spot of that traditional 'Suzuka' bad luck.

Thanks again for the race boys... im so far very impressed by the sportsman like behaviour of the drivers in this comp... special shout out to spooner who, as i lapped him, pulled straight off the driving line to let me through.
  12. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Probably my worst drive around Suzuka. Managed a 1:58 during prac and qualy, but only 2:00 for the race.
    cj had very good pace as usual.

Code:
       Driver        Time       Fastest Lap
    01 cjmonkey610   46:39.715  1:56.685
    02 Aza2672         +43.119  1:57.817
    03 dainline6       +46.047  1:58.625
    04 garyw61         +51.978  1:57.424
    05 X-3vi1m00n    +1:19.937  2:00.022
    06 mmm_homebrew  +1:38.286  1:59.398
    07 Spooner       +4:        1:58.505  (pitted twice!)
    08 steeny17         DNF     2:04.170
    -- sidfire          DNS
    -- Lunz             DNS

Code:
    Fastest Lap   Driver
    1:56.685      cjmonkey610     
    1:57.424      garyw61       
    1:57.817      Aza2672         
    1:58.505      Spooner       
    1:58.625      dainline6       
    1:59.398      mmm_homebrew  
    2:00.022      X-3vi1m00n
    2:04.170      steeny17

13. Evil X

Evil X New Recruit

Yeh I had a bad start spinning coming around Degner Curve (turn 8), and ended up on the beach on Spoon Curve. Started on RH and after a couple more minor mistakes found I was almost a lap behind which got my blood boiling, and that of course made things worse, hahahaha. So I swapped to RS to try and have a crack at the fastest lap of the race, and then swapped out freshies again as I figured I was too far behind on lap 17. I seem to go well when i'm focusing on running fast laps, but as soon as i'm in a race, my mentality switches and i fail hard.
  14. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah nice work cj. Congrats on your first win! One of many more to come judging from your pace last night. I knew we were in trouble when I saw you clock up a 1:55 in warmup.

My last couple of laps were shockers unfortunately, I had 1 or 3 big offs that ended up costing me about 25 secs all up, letting Aza and dan through. Had a good battle with Aza first couple of laps, but got pretty lonely after that and eventually lost concentration I guess.

Keep up the good work cj, but don't forget the Azza-Dazza-Gazza train will be behind you all the time!
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey Blue. Edited your results post with position numbers - can you do it this way next time pls? It's hard when updating the ladder if I have to keep counting down the list!
  16. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Sure thing. Yes, I should have put in the numbers :)

I think steeny should be on 19 as well. 15 (3) + 4 (8) = 19.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    OK cheers mate will fix up now....

That's a good reminder to all to check your points!
  18. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

Thanks mate, no worries. Weather i am in front or behind you, you guys will always get my full respect! I won't get lulled into the ethos that simply becuase of a couple of fast laps or a race win, that i am instantly the quickest guy on the track. I followed you for a lap or so in warm up, and i am looking forward to racing you wheel to wheel when the occasion arises. To date, each time we have met, there has been a discrepancy in tyres. Fuji on RS will be a blast!
  19. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

was a good race, was quite impressed with 3rd place and giving aza a run for his money most of the race.

bit worried i took out aza at one stage though, dont know about the rest of you but around 5 times a race it looks like aza has spun on the corner i get excited and cruise on by only for him to reapear infront of me all of a sudden. so when he spun on the long straight of suzuka i assumed thats what happen n drove right into the back of him when he suddenly appeared.....atleast i think thats what happened. not sure if its my connection or aza's but sorry if i took ya out.

and cj every race so far you just seem to fly past me like im not moving on the last few laps, is there a nos button i dont know of :p
  20. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    No mate you didn't take me out I spun and no matter how much I tried to keep it out of you and cj's way it just went straight across the track.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.