Division 3 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Looks like I probably won't be able to host tonight. Gary, can you host?

I might be able to join just for a stint.
  2. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Hope you get there moon
  3. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    NOTE TO ALL DRIVERS & ROOM HOSTS

Tonight's sprint rounds 1 & 2 are to run on RACING SOFT TYRES.

Keep It Clean and watch those penalties, they are everywhere :/

Good Luck!
    aussie
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, I can host moon, but hopefully you can make it still.

I think I have everyone on my friends list now. Can everyone check please?
  5. lunz

lunz New Recruit

Bloody hell Fuji is such a penalty minefield!! so many unnecessary penalty spots. You basically need to stay on the track to not get any penalties. You even get shortcut penalties for spinning off the track!? So stupid.

Oh well, I found it fun either way. Came into quali without practice, so was a bit behind. Spun on the 3rd corner of the first race and stayed at the back for the rest of it, then had a bit of a battle at the back with moon and a few others in the second race. Was good to get back into it, but a frustrating track to start off on.
  6. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Race results:

Race 1.
    =====
    01 cjmonkey610
    02 garyw61
    03 sidfire1
    04 mmm_homebrew
    05 daninline6
    06 lunz55
    07 steeny17
    08 Aza2672 (disconnected)

Race 2.
    =====
    01 cjmonkey610
    02 garyw61
    03 Aza2672
    04 mmm_homebrew
    05 daninline6
    06 X-3vilm00n
    07 lunz55
    08 sidfire1 (disconnected)
    09 steeny17 (disconnected)

Overall.
    =====
    01 cjmonkey610 25+12.5 = 37.5
    02 garyw61 18+9 = 27
    03 mmm_homebrew 12+6 = 18
    04 sidfire1 15+2 = 17
    05 daninline6 10+5 = 15
    06 Aza2672 4+7.5 = 11.5
    07 lunz55 8+3 = 11
    08 steeny17 6+1 = 7
    09 X-3vilm00n 0+4 = 4

A couple of good races. cj too quick once again, well done mate. Bad luck to Aza, steeny & sid for the disconnections.
  7. Evil X

Evil X New Recruit

Sorry I missed the race guys, forgot I was going to be away for work. See you guys this week!!
  8. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Please check ur points for me fellas and make sure i haven't ripped or pick pocketed points from you. Cheers aus.
  9. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    hi guys,

This weeks race has been postponed till next week (11th nov) as a result of the poll created by ENFORCER_98. The new round dates have been added to the season 9 calendar.

Following concerns from various drivers the tyre regs for season 9 have changed.
    The regs are now as follows for the remaining 45 min races.
    You can run either the hard or soft tire for qually, but you must start the race on that tire.
    You are only allowed to have 1 pit stop during the race, and you must run both compounds during the race. The tires will do this comfortably. It's up to you when you come in, and how hard you push the softs.
    We will keep this tire model for the remaining rounds.
    The exception will be the enduro, regs to finalized for that round.

cheers cyber,
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, you wouldn't believe it, PD have changed the tire model again........

So after some testing last night we will run the same tire regs and the fuel / tire settings need to be put to "fast".

The wear rate and fuel rate is a little faster, but will be easy to get to the end of the race.

Any problems PM me and will sort out any issues that way. Cant take a trick at the moment !!!

Stu
  11. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

well done to gaz, not only for a consistent drive, but because I think he was the only driver in div 3 who put enough fuel into the car! lol.. the rest of us quickly ran out of gas, myself first <facepalm>. I am too used to taking the advice of how much fuel I need from the pit options.. lesson learned.. they clearly have not adjusted the "fuel needed" advice to take into account the new tyre/fuel wear settings.

gratz to gaz! nice drive mate.
  12. sidfire1

sidfire1 Rookie

not happy, PSN fail - disconnected , just when I found my rhythm and just when I was in the lead.

not happy with these disconnections at all. Well that's the virtual side , can't do anything but wait I guess.

Gary - you performed like a divisioner 1ner , well done and congrats.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK,

Have had a chat to a few of the guys after the race and although the tire and fuel burn models have changed mid season i cant see any other option than to let the results stand, people who have pitted twice will be DSQ'd. That also means that a DSQ cant be used as your "drop your worst round". Unfortunate, but rules are rules and we live and learn.

That means 0 points for those people, and points for those who managed to do the right thing and get through on one stop and both tires.

Now before you flame me for this decision can you please remember a few things.

1. The rules of the league MUST come before the race results. Changing them because a lot of us screwed up does nothing for the integrity of the league or forum. I dont like the idea of spending 3 days looking at a protest, trying to do the right thing by the league and you, the racers, only to have that diluted by ignoring the rules next race after we all stuff up on our calculations.

In reality the fuel burn change caught a lot of us out, and while I would love to blame the game for ME stuffing up, the reality is i knew it was 4 ltrs per lap, but it didnt click that i wouldnt get to the end. That isn't the games fault.

2. I would ask that you give Aussie and Myself a little slack. We have both worked our arses off to get this off the ground, managed to get us to 4 divisions, and have generally done a heap of hours. We certainly didn't predict that there would be 2 HUGE changes in the space of a month to screw things over, so please cut us a little slack.

I think in div 1 it doesnt have a huge effect, div 2 will give the champ to Nuggett (or very close to it), not sure about div 3 or 4.

So captains, can you please put up the results with the drivers that finished within the rules as your top placed finishers, those that pitted twice, or didnt run the right tires will be dsq. Can you help out by letting the captains know if you should be dsq.

Stu.
  14. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Shocking bad luck Sid, we were having a great battle. Would've been a great finish.

Also bad luck to cj and the others that ran out of fuel. cj was lapping about 3 seconds faster than me before he ran out, and would've got me about 2-3 laps before the finish. I think moon ran out on the last lap to grab second, and brew picked up 3rd after driving at 80ks for about 6-7laps. Aza didnt have a good one either. it sounds like he just about drank the contents of a small bottleshop yesterday.

Sid - I think that it's illegal to do what you said you were going to do to your PS3 on the Australian mainland states!
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK, results will stand as previously mentioned, but just a slight tweak of the rules for the remaining normal rounds.

you MAY now pit more than once, but you may only run 1 stint on the soft tire. This way if you do happen to mess up your fuel fill, you wont be DSQd if you pit again, and you also wont be able to gain advantage by having another stint on a FRESH soft tire. (raised by cyber and it does make sense)

So to clarify.....the regs for the REMAINING rounds, including the enduro are......

Pit lane closed during qual.

Start the race on the tire you qualify on

ONE STINT ONLY on the soft tire. Pitting at any stage during the soft tire run means you MUST change to the hard tire again.

I just hope PD dont have anything else in the pipeline, dont think i could cope !!!

Captains and hosts are asked to make this clear before the start of the race this week so everyone knows what the deal is. if we remind everyone on the night there are no excuses.

Thanks for your patience and understanding with this guys, with no more surprises we should be right till the end of the season.....

Cheers
    Stu
  16. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Pretty uneventful race for me, with the most exciting thing happening was trying to figure out how much fuel to put in before the dialogue box disappeared. I think I put in 30L. Ended up I should have added one more L, as I ran out of fuel with 2 corners to go. :) cj and homebrew ran out of fuel, but cj stopped while homebrew just continued. cj should have kept going and stayed 3rd :p. At least no one got disqualified!

Code:
        Driver        Time       Fastest Lap
    01 garyw61       46:20.475  1:22.532
    02 X-3vi1m00n    +1:31.819  1:22.852
    03 mmm_homebrew   (+2laps)  1:24.224   (continued on fumes)
    04 cjmonkey610    (+6laps)  1:22.234   (stopped and waited for RAA)
    05 sidfire          DNF     1:22.016   (did unspeakable things to/by PS3)
    06 Aza2672          DNF     1:31.074   (got pulled over)
    -- dainline6        DNS
    -- Spooner          DNS
    -- steeny17         DNS
    -- Lunz             DNS

Code:
       Fastest Lap
    01 1:22.016 sidfire          
    02 1:22.234 cjmonkey610    
    03 1:22.532 garyw61       
    04 1:22.852 X-3vi1m00n    
    05 1:24.224 mmm_homebrew   
    06 1:31.074 Aza2672          

Fastest laps updated.
  17. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i dont get the gag ?? what did sidfire do to his ps3 ??
  18. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

You can read about it in the court manuscript. I'm pretty sure his Ps3 is in protective custody.. If it survived
  19. lunz

lunz New Recruit

Guys, I'm gonna have to pull out of the league. I thought I might have enough time to spare to come back (the reason I left when I did to begin with) but it turns out I just don't. Sorry and thanks for the 1 race, it was fun, but was frustrating for me not having enough time for prep and being up to the standard I wanted.

Good luck to everyone for the season.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bugger Lunz. Shame mate.

Hopefully things slow down soon and you can get into it as much as you want.

Stu.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.