Division 4 - Season 5

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Thanks everyone for an entertaining race. Looking forward to round 2!
    Antmeg26 and George like this.
  2. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Did anyone stream the race by any chance? The file was too big to save on ps4
  3. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    You have to delete all your old replays
  4. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Firstly well done for everyone that turned up, good numbers, let's hope that keeps up for the season.
    Well done to Tuddy, way too fast for us and well done to Arnold & Adge for the podium positions.
    Unfortunately fellow div 4ers some of the driving in the first 4-5 Laps was some of the :poop:iest I have seen on ROOZ.
    I started off second, had a slow start then got punted off back to 12th before the first corner (no redress either). Seriously!!!. Anyway after I had been punted off for the third time on the third or fourth lap I knew my race was well and truly done.
    Apologies to whoever it was that I pushed through the chicane, at least I redressed!!!
    Also remember if you have come off the track, it's up to you to avoid the cars on track when re-entering not the other way round!!!!

Let's hope everyone takes a more measured approach next week, otherwise it's going to be a long season!!!!
    Catch you all next week.
    Dosy, stucar17, Antmeg26 and 5 others like this.
  5. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Only got two on there !
  6. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Definitely was hoping for a cleaner race. I got punted off a few times by people completely missing their braking markers with no redress so I feel your pain! Looking forward to next week and for a cleaner and more manageable start. Have a great week everyone
  7. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Thanks for the race everyone, not sure what happened at that start. I took it easy around the first few corners thinking Freddy would be there. Then just got stuck into it with clear track ahead. Zolder is one of my favourites so I was just loving it. Had a few offs cost myself maybe 20secs all up. Looking forward to next week
    Antmeg26, freddyp_33 and Woody like this.
  8. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    Well that was some hard racing:whistling: (Definitely crappy by me).:poop:
    Qualified 5th. Bogged at start a little, then there was mayhem.:eek: Cars rolling in my rear view, cars getting punted in front and spinning into the wall and that was before the first corner! ( did i miss Sunday and Monday....Is it Tuesday night?) Thought I was taking it easy on the first lap in 6th, then concertina on the chicane before start/finish and i spun @micmansour (Sorry), redressed and down to 13th. Made it back to 8th (cars going everywhere during that time) and raced close with @LOW_NZ for a while :thumbsup:until lap11,I touched him into the hairpin and pushed him into the inside (sorry mate):thumbsdown:, waited and back to 11th, then tank slapper on lap 13 :thumbsdown:infront of @Coxy383 and he had no where to go, (sorry mate), another tank slapper around lap 20 finished me and I cruised home behind a few cars in 13th. Disappointed in myself.
    @freddyp_33 you were quick and i did see you coming from behind a couple of times and I tried to keep out of your way.:D
    Two redresses and two big spins :thumbsdown:. Only up from here.
    Congrats to @tuddy (too fast for us), @arnold (stayer), @AdgeR502 (newby) and @Jcp (old GTS colleague),:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    George, LOW_NZ, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    That's not acceptable woody, if you can get a replay of the incidents I'm sure @stucar17 could get it sorted out. Nobody wants that to happen every race. If somebody punts another driver off track you wait and redress (let them on track ahead of you!) and if you fall off track no matter if it's your fault or not you make sure that you do not re-enter the track in a manner that will affect the other drivers around you (especially keep off of the racing line if you see cars approaching but also be aware that there may be more than one and they may not expect a car turning head on into traffic!)

And well done @tuddy I told stu to put you in 3!
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    George, Anthonyb, Woody and 1 other person like this.
  10. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I'll make sure I have no replays saved before the next race. I had a few saved from the weekend and wasn't aware I was at capacity. I'm sure the next race will be fine.
    Well done @tuddy - supreme performance mate!
    George and stucar17 like this.
  11. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    Well done podium finishers. It was my first race with rooz over here in pcars. Loved every minute of it to. Started off 6 I think and was up to 4th by the 1st chicane. It was very willing first few laps from everyone. Sorry to @AdgeR502 for the rear bumps under brakes. I'm glad you weren't punted but must have been close. Had a few good battles mid race with @LOW_NZ and a few others which a can't remember sorry til I watch the replay. Spun myself about lap 7 and dropped to 7th. Managed to nail a few consistent laps catch back up to 4th. Last 10 laps was really pushing hard to catch @AdgeR502 and pinch 3rd. Was almost onto his rear bumper when spinning myself at the back chicane on second last lap. Nursed it home for 4th which I was happy with. Loving this car and the game can't wait for next week.
    George, Antmeg26, Anthonyb and 4 others like this.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Clean racing is what we are after, so a little disappointed to hear there was lots of contact... for the new guys its a learning curve, for the regulars, they should really know better, and at least redress if there is contact resulting in a gain of position....

If there is NON REDRESSED contact, you can certainly protest the result, buy first saving your replay, and then messaging me or the room captain with a Video of the incident.
    All drivers are accountable for their driving, and the stewards group will make a call on weather the contact could be avoided, is a network issue, or something that needs to be addressed through a penalty / warning.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys,

generic thread to all divs....
    Hope you had some great racing last night...sorry i missed it.... nothing like doing all the set up then missing out !
    - Which drivers missed ? Ill message to make sure they are still keen....both here and PSN. If you have decided you are NOT racing, please let me know via PM so i can fill your spot. Have a few possible new entries !
    - Was there anyone who needs to swap divs based on race pace / qual ? @AOCleaner74 !
    - I will be making final adjustments for the season before round 2.
    - been a few questions on driving standards, and contact.... PLEASE REMEMBER, if you are following a car its YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to avoid contact. If you are in a pack, its very tough, but you need to use your head if at the back so you can avoid any contact.
    - If you DO punt SOMEONE OFF, PLEASE REDRESS.
    - I will bang on abut this every week, so penalties will be awarded to drivers who take people out.
    - When you get this type of racing its the most mun you can have with your pants on !
    - If any of the new guys have any questions about anything that happened in their first race please let me know either in the thread (where others can help) or send me or @Ad2mny or @garyw61 a PM.
    - How did the room hosts go / network issues ???

Hope to catch you through the week.
    Stu
    George and Woody like this.
  14. AdgeR502

AdgeR502 Rookie

Yea i could see you were catching me pretty quickly and obviously lap at least a second per lap quicker than me I think if you didn't spin you would have had me. I don't like that track just could not get a decent feel for it. Bring on next race
    Antmeg26, Anthonyb and Jcp like this.
  15. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    After a average Qualify of 12th i think i had a great start missing the mess and ending up in 3rd behind AdgeR502 who i followed for 5 laps or so keeping great pace and slowly pulling away....BUT damm 2 laps later Arnold was up my ass from nowhere and has more pace so i pulled to the left hopeing to follow his lines and not loose time defending....but 4 laps later tried to get though thoes pesky chicanes with a different line and spun like a champ :(...crashed me in such a way i couldnt turn around untill pretty much the whole field has passed me by...@Antmeg no worries champ cant help which way the wall bounces u lol.........every time i started coming back after that id push too hard and make a mistake..in the end i was lucky to get 13th.... see yas next week. in a few weeks when ur all laughing about it ill post up a quick video of the start, i had a great view :)
    Antmeg26, Dosy, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  16. LOW_NZ

LOW_NZ Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    LOW_NZ
    Its all good @Antmeg26, I dont mind the odd slap on the arse every now and then.. just buy us a drink 1st ;);)
  17. LOW_NZ

LOW_NZ Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    LOW_NZ
    The game is only allowed 1Gb of data - this includes replays, still shots and setups. may pay to check and see if there is somethinge to delete.
    Anthonyb and Woody like this.
  18. Jcp

Jcp Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jcprater
    OK. Upon seeing the reply. The turn 1 contact was my fault. I'm sorry for that. I do remember contact at the time but didn't think I'd punted anyone off like that. I definitely would have redressed if I'd know the result. So yeah, sorry again.
    Antmeg26, beakeroo and Anthonyb like this.
  19. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Didn't realize that included setups. I've got heaps of them to delete
  20. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Nice to see someone taking the blame. Now don't let it happen again:confused:
    Antmeg26 and Jcp like this.