Division 3 - Season 5

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Did the top 3's pace drop off in the last 5 or 6 laps, it seemed to tighten up towards the end?

I'm pretty happy with my first league race. Qualified 6, got up to 3rd but finished 5th. The first 6 laps were interesting with faster cars behind me but once they got past I had a pretty lonely run. Sorry about the qualifying DQ, I didn't even consider that pit lane was on manual (I did read the briefing :thumbsdown:). By the time I realised I was doing 120 in the lane and was promptly kicked out. I have a button mapped now so it won't happen for R2. When pit lane is on manual can you make contact with other cars in the pits either coming out of the garage or merging into the fast lane?
    Ad2mny, Ant_427, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Yes you can make contact with other cars if you are not careful. Be sure to not cross the pit exit lane and into the racing line either on the way out as that too will get you a warning/penalty.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  3. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I've downloaded it and will make the purchase today. Are there any other apps or accessories that are great to have? I've heard of people using button boxes.
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I was taking it easy after being gifted the 12s gap, then towards the end started getting a some random wheel twitches that was costing me up to 1s every time it happened.

Race recap:
    Q: 1st
    R:1st
    Managed to pull out a PB on the last lap of qualy to sneakily grab pole position off @Ant_427
    Pretty stoked with that.
    Thought I had a pretty average getaway at lights out but somehow managed to keep the lead after a little tussle with @fatmix68
    Fat's race pace seemed quite a bit faster than mine, so I knew I'd be in trouble if he managed to overtake so I hugged the apex on the slower corners, which appeared to have worked wonders and kept him behind me.
    Throughout the 2nd and 3rd sectors, he'd be up on my butt and then I'd manage to claw back a buffer through the 1st.
    The yoyo effect stayed like that for far too long than I wanted it to so I avoided looking into my mirrors and concentrated on running my lines and hugging the inside.
    I was a bit surprised to notice the gap back to 3rd was stretching out a little more as Fat was on my arse for what felt like forever! Kinda like herpes I guess... :):):):) stays with you forever!
    Just before the halfway mark @fatmix68 was finally the first to crumble and handed me some much needed breathing space in the form of 12 odd seconds. Kept up the pace for another lap or so and then slowed it down to the 43's to relax the body a bit.
    The gap back to 2nd slowly wittled down to around 8s with 8 laps to go and then my wheel had some really weird twitch while going through turn 2 and 3. Felt a slight loss of power but it came back instantly.... no idea what it was but it unsettled my rhythm and it happened maybe 3 or 4 more times after that. 1 of those times it sent me slightly onto the grass and another time I went wide past the kerbs. Thankfully no spins!
    The gap back to @Ant_427 was around 4s with 5 laps to go and closing pretty fast so had to try and bring the times back down into the 41's, which is a lot harder to do when you know your wheel isn't behaving like it should and you're lacking confidence in it.
    Eventually crossed the checkered flag with no more incidents but with a group of coyotes breathing down my neck.
    Congrats @Ant_427 and @fatmix68 for rounding out the podium.
    stucar17, fatmix68, Ad2mny and 3 others like this.
  5. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I think it was the bumps through the corners, not a loss of power in your wheel. Kind of felt like the front end was weightless for half a second at a time? I recall there being 3 bumps through turn 2 and 3 before settling in to turn 4.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Could have been? Although the first time I felt it was very late into the race (lap 18 or 19) and it also happened somewhere else around the track as well...
  7. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    It was quite prominent early in the race with a high fuel load and then late in the race when the front tires were like used chewing gum. Was it in the run down to the 2nd chicane or in the left hander before the hairpin? I think I felt a bit weightless there somewhere too.
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    You mean as you're coming across the crests in those 2 areas? Nah, those I know.
    I can't remember exactly where it happened again, was too full of adrenaline at the time. Will need to go over the replay again to try and spot it.
    Just hope it's not a sign of the wheel reaching it's EOL.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Glad you had a good run mate, sorry if i missed anything in the briefing that messed you up.....
    With no compulsory pit stops this season i took it all out, so apologies......
    Aykay likes this.
  10. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Sorry I sucked so bad, I'm so out of practice, it's been way more than a year since I've raced so I'll just try and stay out of the way for the moment.
    Ad2mny, Anthonyb and beakeroo like this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    you'll be right mate.... ill talk to you one night this week.....

Hey guys,

generic thread to all divs....
    Hope you had some great racing last night...sorry i missed it.... nothing like doing all the set up then missing out !
    - Which drivers missed ? Ill message to make sure they are still keen....both here and PSN. If you have decided you are NOT racing, please let me know via PM so i can fill your spot. Have a few possible new entries !
    - Was there anyone who needs to swap divs based on race pace / qual ? @AOCleaner74 !
    - I will be making final adjustments for the season before round 2.
    - been a few questions on driving standards, and contact.... PLEASE REMEMBER, if you are following a car its YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to avoid contact. If you are in a pack, its very tough, but you need to use your head if at the back so you can avoid any contact.
    - If you DO punt SOMEONE OFF, PLEASE REDRESS.
    - I will bang on abut this every week, so penalties will be awarded to drivers who take people out.
    - When you get this type of racing its the most mun you can have with your pants on !
    - If any of the new guys have any questions about anything that happened in their first race please let me know either in the thread (where others can help) or send me or @Ad2mny or @garyw61 a PM.
    - How did the room hosts go / network issues ???

Hope to catch you through the week.
    Stu
  12. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    @Cob - we had some good exchanges towards the end for a couple of laps until I spun AGAIN! So look forward to racing you again in the coming weeks.
    Ad2mny, seowster and Anthonyb like this.
  13. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

I actually found a few new lines backing off into a couple of corners and getting a better exit. It helps to explore the track a bit more.

Not your fault just one of those things you have to get used to. Now I know and will practice before Donnington. I'm still pretty pumped about the race and the season in general if you can't tell. This is so much better than random 5 lap sprints in public lobbies.
    PaulCox, Ad2mny, stucar17 and 3 others like this.
  14. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Well done all for a great race. Congrats to Rano on the win and Fatmix for rounding out the podium.
    I qualified 2nd but bogged the start a little which Fatmix capitalised on putting me back to third. Was turned around on the final chicane at the end of lap 1 (driver redressed so thank you) which put me back to about 6th or 7th. Had a great few battles trying to make positions up throughout the race to finish 2nd.
    Love the close racing this car enables, cant wait for next week.
  15. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Q.5
    R.4
    Well well for the last few weeks I've struggled in this car. But a run with @Kart-No-1( thanks for the chat kart) @stucar17 and @Nathan Storrier on my bonnet and new wheels settings from stoz things got better. Then a late Saturday night run with @Coojak3009 for 30 odd minutes and great info I started to find some pace. Thank you everyone for your help.
    My race.
    I qualified a lit better than expected in 5th. Got a great start with @Blue XR8 bogging down in front of me I moved left blocking @Aykay sorry mate. First lap was great until the last chicane where everyone checked up infront of me @Ant_427 got turned and cars where going in all directions.
    Got through the mess and was in 4th. Had a great battle with ayk and blue with @ned83 coming into the fight. We all made small mistakes and the positions kept chopping and changing until blue and ayk seemed to spin like a pair of synchronized swimmers. This gave me some breathing room and was up to 3rd.
    Ant was on a charge back through the field and was catching me quickly I didn't make it too easy for him but I also figured that it would only slow both of us if kept fighting with him. @fatmix68 made a mistake a little earlier and we where catching him ant got past but I just couldn't find that extra bit to lock onto the back enough to make a move. So I had to settle for 4th but my fastest lap was my second last. Had some great battles over the race with some good clean racing wish I could of saved the replay.
    Over all happy with the race hope to come to terms with the car over the next few weeks and be fighting for the win.
    Congratulations @SuiCid3 on the win. Well done Ant and Fat on your podiums.
    See you on track.
    Ant
    Ad2mny, stucar17, SUBGTRACER and 3 others like this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Rebort any idea if zeus and Mrg are still running ?
  17. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Stu - i dont believe Zeus will be attending.

Mr G is still trying to make it but is practicing for an iracing event tomorrow night.
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

No worries ant anytime
    Anthonyb likes this.
  19. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    What sort of wheel were the settings for or do they apply to all types?
  20. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

G29 I'm not sure how the setting change from wheel type
    Woody likes this.