Season 17: No Halo's Here!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 11, 2018.

1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Cool thanks for the info Godz I'll check that out. I was running an i7 3770K + ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 + DDR3. So far I'm leaning towards intel i5 8400 CPU but I'm very early in the research phase and you've just got to the end of it so you would be across it more than I am. I'm open to any and all suggestions (Actually I should probably move this discussion to another part of the forum as this is a fair bit off topic :p).
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

As we didn't get any more skins the skinpack v1 is still the current one, I have added it to the bottom of the first post. You can also get it here.

Its only 5.4MB and without this you will see the cars that have custom skins as plain white.
    Rolz likes this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Godzilla, krunch and marty like this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ive updated the server for next round, a sprint round at Zandvoort laps TBD as it depends on laptimes in these 2x 20 minute races I think it is for sprint rounds. For some reason the OSRW version was crashing on server for me so I loaded the regular version instead, currently we have 18 entries only which is the grid limit for the regular version and will be ok unless we get some new entries.
    Godzilla likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My race summary

Qualy I was lucky to get 3rd as I managed to spin and hit the inside wall with 2 laps remaining. :oops:

Race I decided to try the opposite tyres to Andy, sorry if I messed anyone up lap 1 t2 as I found neutral and my gearbox lost half its life before the first lap was even done. Pretty much had to nurse it home the next 37 3/4 laps and even then I was killing it slowly and barely made it.

My pace on the hards was too slow to threaten Andy later who made a nice gap, end of the race I tried to go for fastest lap hoping the gearbox would hang on with the softer rubber. Gearbox was bright orange at the line and Andy still was quicker on the hards ;) so well done to him on another dominant race and Stiggy for the 3rd position.
    tezpez85, andyo450, Godzilla and 2 others like this.
  6. Rolz

WD @andyo450 @marty @TheStig13!

Q1 - Was pretty stoked to get a good lap down, was stressing initially that I was over driving and couldn't get close to my practice times, lucky to get one in the dying minutes.
    R1 - Really poor start, race jitters I guess... then tried to settle in, but cold hard tires with a mountain of fuel was destined to be tough... didn't even last a whole lap and spun putting down the throttle down too early... from 3rd to 12th in no time with nose damage... *sigh* Early simracing days Rolz would have rage quit and be done with the night... Still can't help the profanity out bust though, thankfully l didn't wake the kids... but I did the wife :roflmao:

Anyway dust off and just enjoy the night, told myself if I could get top 5 I'd be happy... with the quality of drivers here anything top 5 is a great evening.

Arguably had some of the most fun driving ever! Really awesome battles with basically everyone... so yeah was stoked to come away with 4th... :D:thumbsup:

Thnx again and cyas online!
    tezpez85, andyo450, Godzilla and 3 others like this.
  7. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Round 2: back to normal for me!
    Well I qualified way better than I expected and nearly missed it as I thought it started 30min later for some reason :whistling:
    Unfortunately came together with @Godzilla at Cimini 1, think I pushed him wider than I wanted and our back wheels had unprotected sex which isn't ideal and spun us off. Disappointing, as I thought it was @ed40t at the time and was hoping to rough him up :devilish: just kidding ;) Anyway pretty sure we were last and second last with some light damage. Luckily we both had hards on and a lot of fuel so it could of been worse.

Was fun following Rolz, he went for a pretty inspo/wild overtake on BELL3R (I think) on the outside of Trincea. I was nervous for both of them, although it slowed them both down and I managed to jump them :coffee: that move definitely set the tone and was keen to try and drive with that commitment too :sneaky:

Unfortunately I made too many errors and didn't have a good pit strat as I forgot there were 38 laps instead of 31, so I was never going to claw back like Rolz was able to do amazingly :eek:
    Had a great battle with @Parkour. But with 3 laps to go had a big off into the wall at Trincea from taking avoiding action resulting in broken steering :thumbsdown:

Positive is something I still don't believe...somehow set a few purple laps on the second stint, with only Andy going faster :cautious: although his time was a lot faster than mine :roflmao:
    Thanks all for the racing! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Godzilla and I came together not Rolz (doh)
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    tezpez85, Bogor, andyo450 and 3 others like this.
  8. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Knew this was going to be a hard race as lost basically 3 days of practice, p4 quali was decent though. Got a great launch but nowhere to go, @Rolz was slower of the line and I briefly thought of going down the outside but just not enough room so had to back out, was iffy enough as it was with tyres in the grass already, bit of a panel rub but think no I’ll effects anywhere there. Regathered myself for T3 and was hanging nicely around the outside but sadly had a bit of a coming together with @jlynn777 , nothing too major but enough to unsettle the car and throw me off the track and full 360 spin, think I ended up dead last there. From there was all about a recovery drive. The dissapointment quickly faded as trying to race my way back up the field was just sheer joy, great battles all round. Thought I would go for an overcut but lost way too much time coming in to the pits being way to cautious (no prac) and ended up 6th, couldn’t improve from there. Another most consistent point is welcome though, two for two there :)

Well done @andyo450 on the usual place and @marty and @TheStig13 on the podiums.

On a related note, this is cool: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/10/g...im-racing-as-a-legitimate-form-of-motorsport/
    tezpez85, jlynn777, Bogor and 2 others like this.
  9. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

That was the second race in a row I've struggled for consistency earlier in the week only for it to come good on race night. Vallelunga isn't a favourite of mine but driving the Lotus ever so slightly sideways through the last chicane more than makes up for it. So much fun.

I had a good 15 mins of qually. I think I did 4 or 5 laps in the 9s so pretty happy with that.

I got a very nice start on the softs and ended up being able to follow the racing line through t1. I was able to take it flat out which gave me about a second lead by the time I hit the brakes for t2. From then I was able to use the pace of the softs and pull a gap to @marty while still taking care of them. Stopped for hards at the end of l22 I think. I was a bit quicker on them than I was expecting which was nice. All in all a pretty quiet race though.

Well done marty and @TheStig13. That was a bit of a race of attrition by the sounds of it so good work on the podiums.
    Godzilla, tezpez85, jlynn777 and 2 others like this.
  10. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

OMGGgggGGGgg sorry I hadn't watched the replay back.....I thought that contact was with @Rolz !! :rolleyes: how embarrassing. Guess I was hoping you'd take the same line that Marty and Rolz did but our rears just kissed. Pretty :poop: for both of us but we both had more room to give each other though so I don't think there was much in it either way - happy to be corrected if someone thinks otherwise :thumbsup: great recovery :)
    Godzilla and tezpez85 like this.
  11. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Cheers fella, these look great. Way too busy at the moment, but after I move I'll see what I can do about whipping up a few more skins for Ignition - might be a bit weird to have others rolling in tezpez livery (please don't have incidents :thumbsdown:).
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

All good, racing incident
    jlynn777 likes this.
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  14. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Just noticed this is the traditional scoring format - are we going to change this to the updated one as discussed last season?
  15. Rolz

@KoAStR, I've got the points example in stracker setup for when I did the fun run before s17
    Also Andy should be in the Shelby team, TGM is a bit loaded with fast guys...
    tezpez85, jlynn777 and c4rLo5 like this.
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Beauty. I will fix up soon. Easy to do retrospectively I just have to update the table next to the chart and the rest will recalculate off that.
    tezpez85, Rolz and c4rLo5 like this.
  17. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

@KoAStR I think Marty had the fastest lap in the first round (by about .03 :().
  18. Rolz

Hello all, only 13 laps for Monday night race, I put 18 down by accident on locked prac server, will fix this morning
    Bogor likes this.
  19. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Will have to see if I can make the Softs last for 13 laps then.
    Not sure how that will go, they get really hot with my driving.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Rolz likes this.
  20. cameron beller

cameron beller New Recruit

Anyone got a lotus setup to share? I’m still struggling atm.