Division 4 - Season 5

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    How’s everyone’s pace going for Sunday?
  2. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    crap compared to everyone eles it seems..quali pace i wont get better than a mid 56
    SUBGTRACER and Woody like this.
  3. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    What about race pace though?
  4. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Sorry woody didnt see this...not sure but turns out was good enough for 6th :) best result yet and i feel competitive :) thanks for the race
    Woody likes this.
  5. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I was pretty happy with my race, no mistakes but not quite fast enough. Had a great battle the first 10 laps trying to keep my spot, but just couldn’t stay there. Tried hard to chase you down for the last few laps but no luck.
    Anthonyb, SUBGTRACER and PaulCox like this.
  6. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    Well, the Snetterton race was much more normal than Zolder.:cool: The issues were game and room access problems this week. I made it to the pre race practice room but could not get into the race room. Others were having issues as well, thanks to @anne for starting another room, I restarted everything, just got back in and Qualied 8th (not great, was still feeling a little ruffled) I also noticed a few missing from Qually. @anne then had to organise another room and rolling start, @Dosy and @Jcp had to start from back as they could not get into Qually room, others still could not get in.o_O
    thanks to @anne for trying very hard to get everyone a race.:thumbsup:
    The racing was back to normal this week, I did not see any racing issues.:)
    Raced close with @DrMoose for longtime without touching :whistling: finally passed, then passed @AdgeR, then @Coxy and got within a second of @anne at end and finished 5th.:D
    Thanks to Raceonoz for providing a great community to have fun on a Sunday night. Kudos to all. See ya next Sunday:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    George, SuiCid3, Matthyus and 5 others like this.
  7. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    That was some awesome racing @Antmeg26. You really pushed me hard and I did everything I could to keep you in my rear vision but mate you were just too fast. Some seriously classy racing though, no matter how hard I made it for you, we never came together and once you got past it pushed me to dig deep to try and keep up. Thanks for some awesome fun.
    Thanks to Anne for trying to get the room right. Glad we got going eventually. Looking forward to the rain at Donington and hopefully we can all keep it just as clean.
    Dosy and Anthonyb like this.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good to hear you had some good racing, shame about the room issues....We had the same in div 2 with about 5 attempts to get everyone in..... @anne is doing a great job of trying to get everyone in, might just need to try something else though

I wonder if its worth trying @LOW_NZ as host ? I know he has a super fast connection, and may be a way around guys dropping out.... Other things we try to do is invite slowly, get 2 in the room at a time, wait till they fully load, and then invite the next 2 till everyone is in. when someone has the line through the speaker, we get them to leave and come back, and it works most of the time......
    Dosy, Anthonyb and Woody like this.
  9. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Invite the people that are having the most trouble first seems to help also
    Woody likes this.
  10. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Ann restarted the room twice before qualiy and we started. the same people kept dropping out. Then after quali we did a rolling start so everyone could join again, by this time low nz had enough and left. rest of us had a good race. Ann asked many time if low nz or someone eles wanted to start a room but no one would answer her. If its the same 2 people droppin gout all the time i have to say its probably on there end not Anns.
    Woody likes this.
  11. Anthonyb

Sometimes peoples connections clash and a new host can fix it
    Dosy and Woody like this.
  12. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    thats all well and good but at 8.45 if no one wants to help her and try that option, even if there getting disconneted then we have to start the race,
    Anthonyb likes this.
  13. Anthonyb

100% agree mate. Is there a back up host allocated they should step in and have a go. Hate to see people missing out
    Woody likes this.
  14. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    I just got under my house and moved my ethunet ( or what ever its called ) to where the rigs r now, so next week i have a WIRED NBN connection. So if people drop out of anns room ill try 1...but if the same people keep dropping out of the second room there wont be anything more i can do.
    Anthonyb and Woody like this.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yep, i have wired NBN, fibre all the way to the house, so connection is solid, however i still have issues sometimes.

I know that Low has a solid connection, and if you do as well it 'might' fix the issue. Some of the connections just clash, but a diffenernt host 'might' be enough to fix it.... so long as its not too late then its worth a try.
    Anthonyb and Woody like this.
  16. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Ann tried so hard to get someone to have ago mate but no one would...Everyone was online when she asked multiple times..time wasnt an issue if NZ or anyone else put there hand up but it didnt happen. So we started not much eles Ann could do.

And saying that @stucar17 low nz said in div 4 chat that it even happens in his public lobbys....so dont know what we can do there

MY MISTAKE he isnt having issues in public lobbys sorry read that wrong..

So ann will have ago, then i will...and if NZ wants to have a 3rd crack then we can go that way
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    annelorrianne and Anthonyb like this.
  17. LOW_NZ

LOW_NZ Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    LOW_NZ
    Sorry coxy but your off the mark there, never did I hear Anne ask if someone wanted to host. If she did it was after the 3rd room in which I then had connection issues and as for giving up it was not without frustration after restarting PS4, router and ONT! I was giving up as in I couldn’t do anything else. If I had of heard I would have suggested it.
    There seems to be a constant issue it’s connections and it seems to be within that group. I’m not saying it’s any one persons fault, but the combination of different connections trying to connect to Anne’s.

But I know this - Anne and Arnold and I have run around with each other and not had an issue as Anne as host and never had an issue. There is someone else in the room and I’m narrowing it down internally that i think may be a factor as if we are both in the room, again it’s not a persons fault. Just the stoopid black magic of the game.

I’m all for doing some connection testing during the week with everyone to try get on top of this as it is a hindrance on all involved.
  18. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Is the issue likely to be connection speed or stability? If it's speed are we talking download only or upload as well?
  19. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Sorry mate thought u were still on, pop me a msg and ill jump on with ya see what we can sort out. But may i suggest if we can get div 4 going at 7.50 in a practice room to sort out room issues before quali time?.....Only if everyone can make it earlier of course. :)

and wasnt having a shot at u when i said "given up" probably wrong words to use...im done after the 2nd room lol
    LOW_NZ and Anthonyb like this.
  20. LOW_NZ

LOW_NZ Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    LOW_NZ
    Your all good man.

I like the people and the racing here, if we can work out this connection garbage we will all be on to a winner.
    SUBGTRACER, SuiCid3, stucar17 and 2 others like this.