GT Sport Season 5 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 25, 2018.

1. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Mixed emotions for me this weekend. Contratz to the winners. I had some solid moments of pace and its probably the hardest ive driven in a long time.. my hands were so cramped by the end of the race. Apologies again to PatG for my lapse of concentration sending us both into the wall into turn 1 half way through the race (unfortunately adding to his pinball of a race night) Qualified 10th to secure a 5th place after 2 incidents was definitely not expected.
    pat65, DAMN_RIGHT_BOB and incey like this.
  2. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    A good race from all the boys and it looks like the 1 stop worked the best. With a bad qualifying I could not put a lap in and finally got an ok lap but only put me 4th. Got off to a good start and was 2nd after turn 2 then it was just managing my tyres and fuel by not pushing them to hard and staying behind 1st.
    I was surprised to see some guys up the front doing a 2 stop, which I pushed on and my tyres were good. Once I pitted I came back out in 4th but started catching up fast as others tyres were starting to fade and it was enough for me to pull a big enough gap for when they pit.
    The gap was 12.5 sec after they pitted but got a bit nervous as the last 2 laps that gap went down to 3.5 secs. I was very impressed with how everyone drove and didn't see to many mistakes
    incey, DAMN_RIGHT_BOB and deedz_aus like this.
  3. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Yeah I planned to do a 1 stop but then ended up going 2 stop as I wasn’t able to nurse the tyres well enough to avoid making more mistakes with less grip :inlove:
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB likes this.
  4. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    Yeah I didn't trust myself to do a 1 stop lol
    deedz_aus likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last round was good with high grids in all divisions, and no protests!

Also thanks again to PAGNIAN for providing the prizes for the last season of the year, 2 x Wheelstand lites valued at $199 each !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.

ROUND 3 :
    Fuji Speedway GT - 2x 16 laps - 18:15 Sunny - 28/10 (Sprint Round)
    [​IMG]
    (please note T11-12 is not in use this round as we are using the GT variant which uses the gray line)

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. This is especially dangerous in our Group C Monster. The first corner can be problematic here. Luckily there is run-off but be mindful that the astro-turf on the exit of T1 is now slippery. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    If you run off track there is tarmac almost everywhere, but you must be aware when returning to the track.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow driver and enjoy that screaming GrpC engine when it hits those beautiful notes

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Super Soft Tyre. After that, any Racing Tyre is allowed.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.
    Last round we had 0 protests which is what we want to see, so please keep up the good respect!

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

SPRINT ROUND: The second race is reverse grid. This means we all need to be patient. Faster drivers making their way through the field should not be tapping drivers out of the way to do so. If incidents happen, redress.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves in advance
  6. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    I'll be racing
    Matthyus likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If there is any space here tomorrow, @CAB77 will run in this room. Otherwise div 1 cab.
    Bluemoon likes this.
  8. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Yep, really enjoyed losing 15 seconds on the first lap after my mistake of early braking with 7 cars ahead of me all trying to pull up from top gear. Maybe I should have rear ended the guy in front of me too and just apologised after the race. Or even better, say nothing and put the blame on them for early braking..
    Ozglenn and NAACS like this.
  9. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    I’m out tonight, moving home has gotten in the way lol
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    tbh I don't read that as him blaming you.
    he is just mentioning he made the error that he was unable to avoid you
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    looks like we have 7 confirmed, and 1 out
    who else can/t make it?
  12. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Can't make it 2nite
  13. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    f you are sorry, think of what you will do to fix the situation or prevent it from happening again.
    An apology should represent a willingness and an obligation to make things right.
    When you offer an apology, be sincere. Don’t say, “I’m sorry, but…” You’re either sorry or you’re not.
    pat65 and CAB77 like this.
  14. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Well tonight’s race was “eventful”... Had a flying PB qualifying lap to secure a 4th place start to have an awful turn 1 to somehow lose 4 places after the first lap and maintained an 8th finish with a very defensive fight from hihatjoe to almost steal a 7th (well done mate.. I couldn’t make a clean pass). 2nd race managed a better start from 8th to 4th, but contact saw me relegated to the back of the grid to work back up to 6th. Overall happy with the result but not my cleanest race :(
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    @Bluemoon sorry for cracking up about the qually time, I was confused between TiTTSUP and season 5. You were right, I was wrong. I got chastened in tittsup for starting qually at 820 and i guess the burn hasn't healed. Again, sorry.
  16. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Yes, I wasn't blaming patg, but I was also pointing out that there wasn't really anything else I could have done. It was redressed and we should move on.
  17. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    No worries. I only had 1 flying lap as well, as I was helping you get in.
  18. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I think this round was my best result this season. Always trying to stay out of trouble, and the reverse grid was fun. I know that there are opposing views, but I found it challenging and entertaining.
    Micah_bradley was on pole and he finished first @22:11.040s in the first sprint.
    Apologies, but I forgot to save the first replay.
    [​IMG]
    2nd sprint
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus likes this.
  19. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Thanks @Bluemoon
    Did anyone else capture the First round replay and Timing data? If so, could you post it up when you get a chance.
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I have the replay, do I just share it?