GT Sport Season 5 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Green Terror

Green Terror New Recruit

In warmup i thought I had this in the bag! Then Nemo started putting some fast laps down.
    Qualified pole again and thought just had to shoot off and hold the lead for a win like last week.
    Beaten off the line again and left myself no room a few corners in and went off. Battles places back but was in fairyland in the first pit and filled the tank instead of taking no fuel! So came out heavier for the rest of race and lost seconds in the pitstop. Made a couple errors but hung in for 3rd.
    Easyprey007 and Matthyus like this.
  2. Heyagarn

Heyagarn Rookie

PSN ID
    Heyagarn
    If anyone is interested, I have a practice room for Fuji open now. Room name ROOZ rnd3 practice. Will be on from now (2004) til around 2100-2130 AEST. Cheers.
    Will gladly take any advice too, given my last performances, I’m still an uber noob at online sim racing
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i'll jump on
  4. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Depending on how my weekend pans out, I may not be there tomorrow. Building a shed and then will potentially be rebuilding my rig into the garage.

However, If I get a bit lazy and don’t finish the shed, it means I can’t clear the garage out, which means I can’t move my rig, which means I should be able to race. We’ll see how we go.
    Matthyus likes this.
  5. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Sounds like fun.
    I'm building an arcade machine. Lots of fun.
  6. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Funny story, there’s actually a table behind my race rig that’s currently holding the rear surround sound speakers (that I don’t use), that was my attempt at an arcade table. One of many incomplete projects I’ve had over the years. I do have a street fighter machine upstairs though.
    Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  7. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    I couldn't keep focused on the race. Kept getting to corners forgetting which corner it was, almost parked it. The wine was a bad idea too lol
    Matthyus likes this.
  8. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    Tight little track, it'll be another interesting week.
    Matthyus likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    looks like we have 9 confirmed.
    who else can/t make it?
  10. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I won't be able to make it tonight
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 3
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Result - Race 1
    [​IMG]
    Race Timing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Results - Race 2
    [​IMG]
    Race Timing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lennon - DSC - 1.23.804
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Was in the running for a podium in race 1 when I spun several times on T1 and the last one. Came home for 7th.
    T1 racing incident (nudged ever so slightly onto the grass, mixed with braking ) turning me into an errand missle totalling messing up most of the grid. Took ages to get back on track. Managed to get back to 6th.
    Not the result I was aiming for, but others raced far better and deserved the podiums they got. Kudos.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  13. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Parked it in protest for the punts
  14. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I thought someone closer to me was the cause of me going bush until I checked the replay and saw how far back it started.
    The start of the first race was really good for the first 3 laps with a nice tight group all getting around together, then it all went pear shaped and frustration takes its toll.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  15. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Soooooo my daughter hit eject on the PS4 during race 1. Frustrated with my half of race 1, I didn't return for race 2.

Qualified 3rd and everything that could go wrong, did. I think my controller might also be broken, as it only decides to turn 50% of the time.
    Easyprey007 and Matthyus like this.
  16. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Would've placed 6th, up from 9th, in R1 if not for a lapse of concentration on the last lap. Got a blinder of a start in R2 from 4th on the grid, up to 2nd as we turned into T1 and them pow! taken out by the innocent missile that was @Matthyus - 2nd to 2nd last. About mid-race was running 9th with no chance of catching 8th (save for a mishap up ahead), pitted for new boots and then drove the wheels off it to pass @AroGantz and @Heyagarn to finish 8th.
  17. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Despite some rubbing, I had an awesome race. After qualifying second last, I thought I might be having a lonely race out the back somewhere. Not to be!

I usually try and keep my videos short - just showing my parts of the race that made it or broke it for me - but even this 13 minutes didn't sum up the total of the excitement of the night for me! Plenty of passes made that were just capitalising on others misfortune, and I had a relatively error free night.

Nerves were only heightened by a couple of restarts - first one being my fault, as I saw countdown to Final get down to 4 seconds, i got a bluescreen error message - wasn't panicking though, thinking the lobby died and everyone will need to get back in. Glad I was in chat, and heard people talking about turn 1/ stuck on grid - turned the mic back on and piped up, thank for the restart all. I was there for the second restart, Johnnos getting quick at this! Much kudos is deserved on shouldering this responsibility, especially having experienced it when hosting a couple times myself. Glad all was well for third start, even if there was someone stuck I think 3 is a good limit. That @VARDZ reminded us of once or thrice ;)

I had figured out nice and early that despite being a sprint and costing me some seconds, the consistancy would pay off if it prevented even one crash. I doubled down on this theory by using 3rd instead of 2nd for a few corners - frustrating knowing I can be faster, but consistancy was paramount. I started doubting my safety first strategy after the first corner, where I was much slower due to traffic, and got bogged down - but as usual, sticking with the theory eventually paid off dividends.

I spent a bit of time bumper to bumper with @Heyagarn, some good racing there...was a bit unsure on the straights at times if you were letting me past or denying me slipstream...glad we worked it out both unscathed!

Poor @scottb721, wasn't sure what happened to him to put him back to midfield, but when he spun on lap 11 in front of me he didn't ghost and I ran into him. I was lucky when the same thing happened to @VARDZ he ghosted. I have lost SR points and received penalty time when this happens in GT sport - as I have effectively run into the back of someone. This generally makes me leave a good buffer around me unless I have a very deliberate move to make. I did have a buffer to vardz, but I thought I would be able to make ground on Sooby easier than I did, as I hadn't seen him pit, and I had fresh tyres - better to make a move sooner rather than later. I was thinking about a protest for it when I saw him disappear around the corner after I spun, not even realising he was sitting around the corner waiting for me. He didn't quite wait for me to catch up, but given I took a while to get going, the rest of his race, and that I did eventually overtake him, no protest from me. @AroGantz had the wise words of the night, just keep racing like there is no penalty...which I did anyway, but I hope whoever he was talking to did the same.

Had a bit more of a tussle with @Heyagarn before finishing race 1 in 7th - up from 11th, very exciting race.

Race 2 start had us all watching with trepidation, as we were reminded no restarts this race...and what a turn 1. I started 6th, expecting first corner to go much the same as race 1 for me, as I was determined to not cause grief for anyone. Hoever @Matthyus got a nudge and cleared @T F Eccles and @scottb721 out of the way for me, being so conservative I somehow avoided it all and came out of turn 1 full throttle in 4th place. What a start! Still conscious of the pace of those behind me, I did all I could to just stick with the train up front. I managed for a while, then got too close to @Green Terror under brakes and dirty air, and lost enough to be within reach and suddenly more aware of being hunted down by @Cameron Neane and the rest of the pack. Just at my weak point too, the last couple of corners - my strat to keep in third on the last corners meant i needed to retain speed to not get bogged down, but I was suddenly more concerned with a bit of legal defending or not being a roadblock, and deciding which was more appropriate.

Had some good close racing up front in the laps following this, everyone seeming to play nice and fair, and I tried to give racing room without simply giving up positions. In return for this, @VARDZ and @Green Terror gifted me 3rd position, on my slow corners, of all spots. See - consistancy reaps rewards! I felt @Easyprey007 was going to get past me for sure on lap 7, but he tucked back in, and even lost a position to @Green Terror for his trouble, who also overtook me with @Matthyus in tow the next lap, not to matter, I was pitting anyway (technically crossing pit lane line, but if i didn't could well have put @Matthyus off his game) - and came out to @Heyagarn passing me at end of pit straight to put me back in 8th. I played the conservative card again, having gone so well for me so far, and yet again it paid dividends. I spent the last laps watching the gap i front to @Easyprey007 shrink, and the gap behind to @Matthyus (mostly) grow. Johnno chased well and I somehow stayed in front, despite my loss of time on the last couple of corners.

On the second last lap, I almost undid all my hard won work, and almost took out @Easyprey007 too. I had finally closed the gap to @Easyprey007 - who I assume was on bad tyres because I hadn't seen him pit. I had no intention of overtaking, and had simply kept tucked in behind him. I broke early, knowing the aero contributes so much to braking from 366km/h. Seeing into the future feeling much like Anakin must have done in his racing pods, I dived into the inside, knowing what a bomb it must look like - but with no intention of overtaking, just bent on avoiding a punt if at all possible. I somehow pulled it up without going off track, and @Easyprey007 must have also been utilising the force to find a path around me and keep racing. Having almost undone both our races, I almost gave up trying to chase him down again - but was having fun, and his tyres would have been much worse than mine, so figured I would give it a shot if I could make it uberclean. The start of the last lap he still had a good second on me, but it was disappearing, and he had to be feeling some sort of pressure. I hit dunlop just right, and got soooo close to making a move in the last corners - but couldn't bring myself to push too hard so close to the finish. Figured the only way I could do it cleanly was to lengthen the straight after the last bend - so went in real slow, and came out in his slipstream. I was catching him...but my inner Jedi saw it was not to be, but to finish 2 tenths behind felt like great racing. Well done Easy!!

Congratulations to the podium and all, looks like we have some great pace in the division...might be the bottom div but its still super quick from my point of view! Hope everyone who was unsure of protests in chat gets a good look at replays and sees everything resolved.
    Easyprey007, incey, Heyagarn and 2 others like this.
  18. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Provisional standings - pending any protests
    [​IMG]
  19. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    I got punted into the T1 gravel and that was Race 1 for me. Got turned around on the first corner of Race 2 so parked it.

I was about to spin I think when you hit me on L11 sorry. I waited around the corner for you to pass me then thought you went past but it was actually Johnnoclint.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    put a protest though to me, or at the very least, message who you believe was responsible, and see if you guys can work it out.
    You might get an apology and more care taken in future...
    Or, you might get a replay snippet showing something different to what was first thought...
    Easyprey007 likes this.