GT Sport Season 5 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    looks like we have 8 confirmed.
    who else can/t make it?
  2. lets_party-1611

lets_party-1611 Rookie

PSN ID
    Lets_party-1611
    Im racing tonight
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am in if there is room.
  4. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Put it this way @emmo46 I won't be racing Div 1. So if there is no room in Div 2 I'll sit out for this track.
    emmo46 likes this.
  5. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    So see you in a fortnite?
  6. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    After I save the world ;)
    KeedenMcdonald and emmo46 like this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Cars are still teleporting all over the shop for me so until that’s alleviated I’m out.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    try 4g off your phone?
  9. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    +1 not as stupid as it sounds.

Not home tonight so I'm out sadly
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That’s what I have been using for the last 24 months.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Interesting night.
    Basically messed up my first race spinning twice and then didn't spin in race 2 for 4th
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Had some good racing towards the end of each race as tyre wear penalised others and allowed me to battle them a bit, it made the race more interesting for me.
  13. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Race 1 was ruined after I got punted into the AstroTurf at T1 and spun around, could’ve been a lag punt cause there wasn’t a redress, then after pushing hard to get back I spun again.
    Race 2 I had the bonus of starting on pole after my woeful race 1. After breaking out to a 6 second lead well overdriving the car out of annoyances from race 1 still, spun at T1 again and that was it.
    Just realised I’m in 1A, probably should start practising and driving like it if I return for the rest of the races.
    Side note: Even the practise lobby was lagging a lot, most like my rubbish internet, hopefully it changes. :unsure:
    Russell likes this.
  14. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Thrilled to have grabbed 3rd in qualifying, and I knew I had a good shot at a podium finish for race 1.

I cannot for the life of me get this car off the line quickly so I immediately lost a place to Risky, then I was punted wide at T1 which dropped me to 7th I think. Some close midfield racing and consistent laps and I was back up into 4th with Risky about 4 seconds ahead.
    Put the head down and went hard to catch him, and when I did he made the overtake easy for me.
    From there I just tried to keep the car on the road and manage the gap to the rest of the field knowing there was no chance of ever catching Keeden and Mint up front.
    Very happy with 3rd.

Race 2 was forgettable. I jump started following letsparty who did the same in front of me. After viewing the replay I had only jumped it by the smallest of margins. I pushed hard which ruined the tyres and by L12 the car was almost undriveable. My eyes were looking at 4th but mistakes cost me too much time. I was settling for 6th, until the final sector of the final lap when the car just would not turn and would not find grip. The track felt like it was wet. Coming out of the final corner I had no grip and Risky dragged me to the line and ended up snatching 6th place.

Highlight: Race 1
    Lowlight: Race 2
    Lol :laugh:

See you next week
    CaptainRisky21 and Russell like this.
  15. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Had fun again. Did literally 0 prace. Joined the room at 8.15. Did a out lap and half a fying lap before sight check was called. From then on i just went oh well you have 10min to learn. Sorry razor for the bump into turn 1 on race 1. Went from 8th to 5th then by the end of the lap back to 8th lol, just understeered from one corner to the next on the first lap. Then started finding a little rythem and started picking up speed until i turned it around only the way i can. Just asked for a centermeter more space on the track limit and it said no fu@€$ off, and i end up of the edge of the map somewhere lol. I drive like Lobe all out to the end or the biggest crash you have ever seen lol. Race 2 felt like i was still learning the track and car relationship. Felt like i could off pushed a little harder but my goal was just to try and keep it clean. Wd beau, mint, razor
    razor4797 likes this.
  16. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Also when beau caught me on the 2nd last lap, I thought it was Hatfield lol. I was defending more then I would of if I knew it was you lol. I was thinking, has Hatfield had this little ace up his sleeve the whole race, because he was flying lol. I was laughing pretty hard with a lap to go
    Hatfield likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    When I caught you earlier, I thought I had you ricciardo'ed when I feigned left and went right, but you then moved again to squeeze me and I just missed the grass, but still broke a fraction too late !!
  18. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    For sure. That was a deciding moment for 3rd. I could see you had a run and with all that speed you were going t9 try something. I was hoping you threw it up the inside. You left it pretty late trying to bait me wide. I just got away with it.
  19. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    When i found out we'd be using the Nissan as our car for the season i straight away knew what i wanted to do for the retro livery. Nissan returned to sportscar racing in 1995 with the Skyline GT-R LMS which proved initially successful however would so be outpaced by other manufacturers who were using loopholes in the GT regulations to build proper race cars that had no resemblance to a road car.

So in 1997 the Nissan R390 GT1 was born, It would be very fast at Le Mans in 1997 but that wouldn't come without issue, Before the race had even begun all 3 of the works R390 GT1 cars failed scrutineering which required modifications for the cars to be legal for the race. These modifications led to all 3 cars having overheating issues with the gearbox which retired 2 cars from the race and the 3rd finishing 12th several laps behind the eventual winning Joest Racing Porsche (Fun Fact also the first of 9 Le Mans wins for "Mr Le Mans" Tom Kristensen)

For 1998 several changes were made to the Nissan including a new rear diffuser and rear wing, which improved the overall aerodynamics of the car, Despite struggling in qualifying all 4 works cars would have resounding overall success with all cars finishing the race in 3rd 5th 6th and 10th only losing out to the works Porsches. Our livery is based on car #32 driven by Aguri Suzuki, Kazuyoshi Hoshino and Masahiko Kageyama which would finish the race 3rd. Nissan's best overall results at Le Mans. It's a real pleasure getting to race this car for the retro round but because Le Mans in the next round after retro round we'll be racing the livery their as well. Getting to bring this livery back to Le Mans 20 years after Nissan's biggest success at Le Mans is a real honour. Really looking forward to the next 2 rounds.

Just wanted to clarify one thing as well i didn't make this livery, With only 4 SAR members racing GTS and not all of them being certain of making the round i didn't see the point of putting hours of work in when one has already been done especially with how busy work is at the moment, hope you guys understand. @CAB77 @VARDZ @Heyagarn

Forgot to add after 1998 regulations for the GT1 category were changed which was done to prevent manufacturers from exposing loopholes like i mentioned earlier. After this the R390 GT1 was now illegal and therefore was abandoned by Nissan. Nissan would make a new car for the new regs but weren't successful and would end up leaving Le Mans racing until 2015 when they returned with the GT-R LM Nismo which was a complete disaster. Hopefully we'll see Nissan return to Le Mans in the near future.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    My personal retro round livery, based on the #85 TLM Nissan entry.
    [​IMG]