Division 3 - Season 5

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Josh

Josh Rookie Gold Member

Hey all
    Stuck in bed with a bad migraine at the moment not be able to look at any light
    Will try be there this week but if I'm not online carry on and Il be back with you all next week
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
  3. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Awesome race last night boys.

Sorry to Beakeroo on the second lap punting you - missed my brake marker.

Great battle with Aykay - trading places a couple of times but mostly just breathing down his neck for most of the race.
    Ad2mny, MarkH and beakeroo like this.
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I think that was officially my worst result in Rooz history lol. I think some practice wouldn't have gone astray.

Don't worry about it Robert, all good mate.

Sorry if I caused @ned83 any headaches coming on behind you with fresh tyres. My race was screwed so I pitted in with @Ad2mny on lap 15 or so and had a fun run. The fresh rubber gave me a bit more pace than you but I was trying to allow you some room to do your thing as you were still in the race.
    Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.
  6. MarkH

MarkH Rookie

lol I just logged in to maybe post the link to video haha
    Was an awesome race with heaps of pace up to mid race point and I think I ran out of puff lol
    Hard work trying to make space from @Anthonyb @Anthony [?? I'm still learning who is who]
    Then watching replay I spot @Rebort and @Aykay [my teammate?? in the other Schivelly outfit] having an awesome battle for most of the race, so I got some of that into my vid as well. Enjoy =))
    Ant_427, Anthonyb, Ad2mny and 2 others like this.
  7. ned83

ned83 Rookie

PSN ID
    ned83
    @beakeroo all good mate, yea noticed the extra pace. Would have been nice for some fresh rubber alright, almost threw it away myself at one point. Sorry all for the barriers across the last turn, front right got caught up on the ripple and threw the car wildly. Was good to get a top 5 result, BRNO will be an interesting one next week so prac this week will be a must.
    Woody, Ant_427, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good job guys.....
  9. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

10. Anthonyb

Q6
    R6
    Qually was terrible first 2 flying laps I spun then tyres where shot from trying too hard so missed even coming close to my pb.
    Race. got a good start and came into turn 2 with @fatmix68 on my outside got out of the throttle a little to give him room he came across in front of me the I noticed his car starting to step out with no where to go I helped him around. I wasn't sure if I was the cause of him starting to spin so I redressed putting me back to last in 11th. After watching the replay my redress was not required as fat and unsettled his car on his own (going off my replay) but I would prefer to redress than be that guy that wrecked someone else's race.
    So head down to chase the pack I got onto the back of a few guys and had them male some small mistakes and let me past @CobMcCool let me past down pit straight for me to give the spot back turn 3 pushing too hard for cob to let me past again a lap later next was @Ad2mny we had a great battle for 4 or 5 laps only for ads to spin at the up hill chicane after several attempts to catch it ( I thought you saved it a couple of times)
    After that I had a lonely race with a couple of spins trying to catch fat but I couldn't claw him back
    Congrats to @Blue XR8 on the win and @Ant_427 aND @deafdude1970 on the podium.
    See you on track
    Ant
    MarkH, Ant_427, AOCleaner74 and 2 others like this.
  11. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Good race again all. Bogged the start a little then settled back into 3rd behind deafdude. Had a really good battle with him with a gap of around half a second between us for the first fifteen or so laps. Ended up getting past but could not catch Blue. Well done mate on the win and deafdude for rounding out the podium.
    See you all next week.
    Woody, stucar17, Ad2mny and 2 others like this.
  12. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    So mine went like this, when I jumped on to do a bit of practice, much needed as I'd never driven that track before, my brake pedal started playing up big time, I'm guessing the load cell has shat itself, instead of pulling the pin I feverishly unbolted my busted pedals and bolted on my old g27 pedals pit stop style just in time to make qualifying, now I had a working brake pedal, but due to the old pedals sitting around unused for years the accelerator pedal was sketchy at best, and would only work intermittently, pretty much like dropping a cylinder for most of the race, I did manage to tack on to rebort and aykay having a good battle for a while, and then things just went south again, still had fun though and just tried to stay out of everybody's way.
    MarkH, Ant_427, Rebort and 3 others like this.
  13. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Another disappointing result this week.

During midweek practice I played around with the default setups and found there was not much difference lap time wise between the two, but the stable definitely seemed better. Come race night however and I’m over 2 secs off the pace. I make the last minute decision to switch back to loose setup and start qualifying. Much better but that stupid chicane!!

Get a good start and just miss @Anthonyb and @fatmix68 having a little coming together and end up leading the second pack. @Aykay hounds my tail for a few laps until I can pull a gap. I know exactly where my times were suffering, that stupid chicane. I don’t think I touched the same piece of road there in the 30 laps I completed. Anyway I thought I was going ok until a few offs which kept dropping me back, the worst of which while Anthonyb was piling the pressure on leading up to the chicane. By the time I had clear track to rejoin I was dead last.

I had a plan though.

I started to reel back in the tail of the race but another off dropped me back again. Passed a spinning @beakeroo gifting me 10th then decided to try play my ace up the sleeve. End of lap 14 I entered the pits with the intention of a quick swap of the fronts for fresh ones and then try work my way back up as far as I could. That was the plan anyway, but someone stupidly had the fuel set to brim the friggen tank!! Argh!! So after nearly 40 secs in the pits I had no chance of catching anyone, and to rub salt in that wound, I could match the cars that had lapped me even with nearly 90 litres of extra fuel, so how much better could I have been?!!

A couple more offs and I was lucky not to end up being lapped by everyone.

Well done again to @Blue XR8 on the win, plus @Ant_427 and @MarkH for the podium.

See you all at Brno
    MarkH, Ant_427, Woody and 3 others like this.
  14. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  15. Anthonyb

If I make it this weekend it will be for qually and first race only.
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  17. Josh

Josh Rookie Gold Member

Should be fun
    Quite keen
    stucar17 likes this.
  18. Josh

Josh Rookie Gold Member

Is it full reverse grid?
  19. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    yep
    Josh likes this.
  20. Anthonyb

@Ad2mny are you ok to run the room tonight I may not make it tonight and if I do may not be there for second race.