Division 2 - Season 5

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    with a nickname of "woody" I'm not surprised !!!
    Woody and beakeroo like this.
  2. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Looks perfect for 2 hours at the green hell
    Woody likes this.
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    natmanscoop and Spidey_11 like this.
  6. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I streamed Sugo and if you want you check out the video here - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/331441794

The Sunday night race doesn't start till about the 57 minute mark.
    Some highlights
    1:10.00 - qualifying results followed by the race start.
    1:14.00 - I tap V8's bumper and allow Stoz past him. Followed by a turn on dive/avoid to not hit him again lol.
    1:49.00 - :(:cry::poop:
    1:54.00 - :ninja::):thumbsup:
  7. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    thanks spidey... I'm going to do the same for div 1 if my roommates can sort out what happened. with our usually stable connections.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    oh boy what a race.

Amazing to be 1st & 2nd for like the WHOLE race and only be separated by a few tenths and sometimes less the whole time.

Massive respect to Stu, he drove amazingly to take the win, I surprised myself coming in 2nd after Q in 3rd.

Only had about 3 serious attempts on him over the 31 laps, almost made the last one stick but he stuck it out there to hold me off. Well done mate, superb effort and one of my best ROOZ races ever.

Gratz to spidey for the final podium spot.
    Woody, stucar17, natmanscoop and 4 others like this.
  9. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Did my fastest lap on the 2nd last lap of the race on destroyed tyres, not sure how that works?! Only Stozz went faster on his fresh rubber, I was SURE he was going to round me up but guess he had a whoopsie.

I should actually get time to practice for Brno, fingers crossed I'm properly in the mix next time out.
    Spidey_11, Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Holy crap, what a race...... Real shame we only had a smallish grid again, losing V8 didnt help either......only 9 drivers which was a real shame. :( Fingers crossed for next week sprint round.
    Q 2
    R 1
    2nd time in a row ive been pipped to pole by about a 10th of a sec..... I did a 25:3 i think, so would have been pushing a PB to beat Stozza, so just too fast for me..... Well done on that
    The race start was great for me, stozz bogged down and i got a cracker so led into T1, and managed to get through the exit of the chicane still in first place... I took a breath, saw stozz was buried in the pack, and wrongly assumed i would be able to pull a gap on @disturboed to have a comfortable race out in front...... When stozz recovered to 3rd, just 2 sec behind me i started to sweat, and hope that him and turbo would at least slow each other up a little..... Bugger me, on about lap 3 or 4, stozz lost it at the chicane and turbo and i cleared out from natman, spidey, V8 and Gary..... My memory is a little hazy, but i think nat had a spin, V8 DSC and @Spidey_11 and @garyw61 were locked in a battle as me and turbo made a tiny break.....What happened over the next 25 odd laps was some of the most enjoyable and intense racing ive had, i tihnk mainly because the top spot was up for grabs........ I wanted the win !

Turbo was a lot quicker at the end of the front straight and also through the first right hander after the back straight..... for 5 laps i would hold him off, then he would have a rest for a few laps, then come again.... and this was the pattern for the whole race. We only made contact once, where i think i braked a little earlier into T4, and i though for a second was going to end in tears, but we both regathered and dc continued the fight..... on about lap 16 or 17 he had a crack through T1,2 and 3 but i just managed to hold him off, time for a rest.....

On about lap 24, after 3 laps nose to tail, he had a crack at the back straight and we went side by side right through 11 and 12 before i managed to hold him off again.... Zero contact.....

With 3 to go, he came at me again, and i had to run tight lines in the spots he was quicker so i could trust my pace in the spots i felt faster...... last lap and i managed to get the gap out to .7 up to the chicane, so i knew i just had to hit my marks down to the back straight and i was on for the win..... By the time we got to the line i managed to get home by .5 of a second. Awesome race turbo, and exactly why we do it...... unreal fun, even though i was buggered after it.....Well done to spidey as well for the 3rd step..... had a real quick look at your live feed and love it ! Stozz, maybe thats your bad round out of the way.... given your pace, and the speed of the other guys who werent able to make it, things will be real tight for the remaining rounds.....

Bad luck for @v8power383 , cant seem to take a trick, and should also mention thanks for everyones patience with the room issues.... Talk about frustrating.....

Off to Brno now for the sprint round, hopefully we have @COME_AND_GET_ME7 @Telum @Jim_aka_The_Man on the grid with no issues in room stability... should be a cracker
    Stu
    Telum, Woody, Spidey_11 and 5 others like this.
  11. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Well done on the win @stucar17 , sounds like an awesome race. I'll check out @Spidey_11 's stream too :) they are always a heap of fun!
    Spidey_11 and stucar17 like this.
  12. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  14. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Folks my internet has crapped-out, cont connect. I'll try to get on for the reverse grid race, if I can get it connected.
    Stozz likes this.
  15. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

Sorry to hear that hope you get it soughted
  16. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Brno Sprint round.
    Race 1 - Qualy P4 Race P5.
    As usual I lost a few positions off the line. I had a few cracking laps with Gary, Bluebounty, Blindman and Jim.
    Race 2 - Started P6 and got lucky by picking up P2.
    A colossal stuff into turn 1 straight after the formation lap see me drop down to last. Taking full advantage of the battles and dramas of others in the field and I was a happy little Spider-Man.

Race 1.

Race 2.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Stozz, garyw61, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  17. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    some good racing the other night lads..... well done @Nathan Storrier for a dominant night...

My night, Missed pole by .1 again, the 3rd time in 4 races ! Well done @v8power383 !
    Race 1 was a good battle, ended up third after a good fight with V8 for most of the race. Like usual, i was lacking in just a couple of spots and it cost me a place in the end....

Race 2, managed to get through the crash at the chicane, although i did tag @Telum on the way through when he spun in front of me...... Nowhere to go unfortunately.
    Looking on spideys replay above, seemed i tagged @v8power383 into a spin, on my screen at the time i missed him when i missed my brake marker and bailed to the right ..... sorry mate, had no idea i hit you, though looking at the delay in your car spinning looks like a delayed reaction which could explain why i didnt know.... o_O:confused:

On to Bathurst, not sure how many laps ill get this week, flat out at work and home this week so see what happens...
    Stozz, Spidey_11 and Woody like this.
  19. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I just checked my replay stu and it looks like you owe me a sheep station mate lmfao
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773