Division 4 - Season 5

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    There are some close battles in the points tables for positions which is great
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    Which is alright for some
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus, Dosy, Woody and 1 other person like this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  4. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Thanks @stucar17 .

Quick question about lapping or being lapped. Are there any unwritten procedures/rules/considerations for cars that are lapping slower drivers, like flashing lights when they are coming up behind? I know we are all supposed to be aware of the blue flags and little red dots in the on screen map coming up but sometimes people forget or are too focused on driving to notice (can happen to anyone). Obviously this may not be an issue at BRNO but might come into play at Bathurst and then also at the endurance round.

I haven't found any mention of it in the forums.
  5. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Gota say if ur not seeing the blue flags the game puts out i dont think u have much chance of noticing a car up ur ass flashing lights.
    Anthonyb and Woody like this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    this is in our rules and regs which is in the new members thread in the forum.
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

(ix) If you are being lapped do not attempt to race the passing car. Blue flag rules apply. Meaning you must concede track position to drivers on the lead lap within a reasonable time frame. If you are battling for position with another driver some concession can be made, but at your next available opportunity (such as before the braking zone on a straight), you should concede track position. A rule of thumb for a reasonable time frame is within four corners, unless you can pull away (out of slip stream range) during this time due to fresher tyres for example.
    The game should have blue flags waving at the car being lapped, however it can be a bit hit and miss....On the map as well, the car being lapped will show up as blue on screen, so you know who you are racing with.
    The same passing rules apply for the lead car, HOWEVER, a car being lapped should know, and move out of the way at their earliest time. .
    Woody likes this.
  7. Antmeg26

Antmeg26 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antmeg26
    I won't be back in time tonight for Sprint round. (Out winning some credit). Have fun.
    beakeroo likes this.
  8. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    old mate, has broken down coming home from the super trucks at wakefield park today, gota go pick him and his piece of :):):):) mazda up...2 hours each way...might be back might not
  9. googe00

googe00 Rookie

PSN ID
    googe00
    First race last week and loved it, I'm guessing I'll just simply get an invite this week? Do i need to register for tonights race? Looking forward to it. See you on the track.
    Woody likes this.
  10. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    You’ll get an invite when the room is open from the host. Some of us might be on a little earlier for a bit of practice too
  11. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Good fun racing tonight. Congrats to the podium getters and just to quick for the rest of us @freddyp_33 This track is up there in my list of least favourite so I feel I did well. Sorry for the bumps I gave (no spins thankfully), there was so much tight racing. Can not wait for next week Bathurst
    Woody and freddyp_33 like this.
  12. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Not a huge fan of that track myself. Yep I thoroughly enjoyed that second race. Managed to avoid a few little incidents to make my way up near the front. Then had a real good scrap with you and a couple of others. Thought you had me off with one of those taps, but managed to hang on, will have to check the replay on that one. It should look good!
    Woody and George like this.
  13. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    That tap was the worst I gave, I backed off and waited to see how it went each time. I was hard on the brakes with it and the gap just closed up, wrong place to have myself. Looked like a great save from my point of view.
    Woody likes this.
  14. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Well done @freddyp_33 , dude you are just too quick. Not sure how you keep up the pace without your tyres going off.
    Had a great few laps with @George in the first race, swapped places a couple of times and was good clean racing. Happy with 2nd place in both Quali and Race 1.
    The second race for me started great and I made up some positions but quickly turned bad when I got tangled in an incident with a car that crashed and came back on the track which put me at the back again. From there I had to knuckle down and fight my way back while trying to conserve tyres. Had a great battle with @AdgeR502 for quite a few laps before I finally got past and then proceeded to put in semi-qualifying laps hoping just to salvage a half decent result. @Dosy made it hard for a lap or two and then I had a couplaps to chase down @micmansour . Somehow I managed to get on the back of him on the last lap and with a stroke of luck we ended up side by side on the last corner with a drag race to the finish. Thankfully I snagged third place by only 0.011 of a second. I thought the 0.1 second gap at Sugo was close. Great fun racing and on to Bathurst. Based on the times for some of the guys I saw last night I have some significant practice to do!
    George, Dosy and micmansour like this.
  15. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    Considering I absolutely hate BRNO, I think it ended up ok in the end, some good close racing there! Was doing 2:16s on Saturday, managed to get into the 2:10s for Qualifying.
    Was a little ticked off with myself at the start of Race 2, I didn't really think to wait for the green light before moving (brain fart moment), assuming we're all going to get into position right away and do our formation lap, and bang, got pinged with a Drive-Through! So starting from 3rd last, stayed in that position until we hit the main straight, and drove in to the pits to serve the penalty. Was now dead last, but at least could see some of the back markers when exiting the pits. Hammer down, and tried to pick my way through the pack, was hovering about 6th or 7th halfway through the race. A couple infront spun, made it up to 4th position, and managed to pick 3rd while eyeing out 2nd. In doing all this, I think I was overdriving the car, the last 2 or 3 laps was literally drifting each corner (rear tyres almost 100 degrees), while suffering huge understeer on turn-in. Had to back off a bit, and could see DrMoose007 slowly closing the gap from his 4th position. I made the rookie mistake of focusing too much on what was going on behind me, and DrMoose made his move on the last corner - drag race to the end, and I finished 4th :(
    Good racing by everyone, such a lively division! :)
    Finished 3rd in R1, 4th in R2. Bring on the Mountain!
    George, Dosy and Woody like this.
  16. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I think the last two races are going to be the trickiest of the season. Not sure how any of us will get away without a pit stop. I don't think we can aim for a closer finish @micmansour but am sure it will good close racing.
    Dosy and micmansour like this.
  17. googe00

googe00 Rookie

PSN ID
    googe00
    Great night last night. Great racing makes a tough tracks like BRNO fun to drive. I loved the close clean racing, bumper to bumper action with no incidents to report of and then.... sorry @anne a little slow to hit the brakes and i sent you off the track, up until then it was the best race i have ever had. Thanks heaps again for the great racing and ill see you all at Bathurst. Well done @freddyp_33 , im not sure how you achieved a crazy 2:08 in qualifying but an amazing time to get and a well deserved win.
    Dosy and Woody like this.
  18. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Would love to know the kinds of times people are getting around Bathurst. I've driven the track plenty of times but not in this car. Last night was sitting in the low 2:20s. I've seen the times form the Div 1 and 2 drivers, but more keen to know about Div 4 :)
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    20's are pretty good, I was getting that around there but felt I hadn't put in a lap I would consider great. I think 17's will be the go for the top of div 3.
    Dosy, Blue XR8, Woody and 1 other person like this.
  20. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    If I get to 17s I will be over the moon! Just got to hope my horse doesn't get lonely while I spend so much time practicing the track :roflmao:
    Dosy likes this.