On the track

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OuttaAngst, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Good to hear.

Cars can always be replaced. There’ll be another quick one some where down the line (providing you’ve got the money to fund another one, that is).
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Oooh that was a big hit even just watching the video that caused a cringe seeing that coming. You must have been puckering up hard. Glad you are OK. Hope you can get back out there and pick up where you left off.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Got the German taxi out for a spin the other week. Not a bad day at all.
    KoAStR and incey like this.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

you should take it on the other side of the driveway, and do a sprint day
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    It's part of the plan. It's nearly due for brakes and tyres but keen to have a run after that.
    Benjamin J Smith likes this.
  6. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Had my first ever track day in the S1. Torrential conditions at Sandown. #quattro #vorsprungdurchtechnik
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. Benjamin J Smith

far out track day or yacht club
    REVO_Bryan and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    It was raining cats and dogs, LOL. What you didn’t see was me aquaplaning and spinning out between T11 and 12, mere meters from the barrier. :eek:
  9. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    @spleece
    spleece likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Parents got me an adrenalin pass for my birthday, decided to give one of the rally experiences at Colo Heights a go. Definitely a wise decision, I had an absolute blast! Only drawback is the recording when I drove a Lancer EVO afterwards corrupted, a shame as I was much faster and cleaner. An awesome day!
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, its awesome fun isnt it.... I did the WRX experience up on the gold coast years ago.... had a blast..... Stupid thing is, the bit i remember most was one of the instructors driving the new Rex into the back of the water truck out on track.... Talk about awkward !
  12. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Drift Karting at work. long vid but you will get the idea. Also so @Ozglenn gopro goes on the helmet ;)

Tristan Jones, Apex_64, Rolz and 3 others like this.
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Didn't know where to put this but wanted to share it.
    Was told about this young freak William Knight a 9yo Kart driver. Was given this link to a last to first drive of his, this kid is awesome. His 10yo brother Zach is in the race as well.
    Tristan Jones and Easyprey007 like this.
  14. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    That's awesome
    Apex_64 likes this.
  15. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That kid can drive!!!!
    Apex_64 likes this.
  16. Benjamin J Smith

Hi guys, having a ride day on the 15th of December and I am putting the offer out to anyone that may be around Queensland Raceway at that time to come have a run with me in my race car, it is all free entry, ride, everything just rock up and come for a run, depending on how many come I may be able to do a few runs each.

all you need is long pants and long sleeve shirt, helmet will be provided ( has Nismo visor sticker so you can all look like MINT_GTR) but feel free to bring your own if you have one.
    [​IMG]

but to give you guys an update on the car after I had the crash at Lakeside mid last year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the Black car with the Raceonoz Stickers on it was a write off bent on all 4 corners, we decided to get another car ready with a Roll cage from Scott's Rod's in Ipswich, swapped our Motor and suspension into this car as all that side was fine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

had a few runs in that car at sprints and practice days and everything was fine, until the weekend of my first race in the new chassis...
    multiple problems creeped up on us with the worse being the clutch not returning after about 5 laps, so pulled out of that weekend on the friday and took it home and got it all sorted
    [​IMG]

after this decided a plain silver car didn't stand out enough on track so got online and purchased some wrap for the car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Did the final round at lakeside last November and finished the weekend 5th overall while having a nose too tail battle all weekend with my soon to be co driver and the one who put my black car into the spin which cause the big crash.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In 2019 with only having a limited budget this year I decided to do only 1 solo round and the 2, 2 x driver rounds.
    In the solo round it was all about getting back into the swing of things, making sure the car still performs as it should after sitting still for almost 5 months, but found myself finishing inside the top 10 for the weekend which was a mix of wet and dry racing ( first race in the wet ).
    was :):):):)ting myself going into my first ever wet race but found it too be some of the best racing i have ever had.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the next race i was doing wasn't for another 4 months so i decided to give the car a bit of a face lift, and during this break our very own member here at Rooz came too the rescue with a brand new windscreen that had almost shattered at the last round.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then came this first of 2 170km endurance races where i would need a co-driver. in the first race I started first planning originally too do about half the race but due some early clampdowns due too a crash, we decide to pit early and get our driver swap out of the way while the field was running slow.
    would come 11th after running 9th with about 15 laps to go into the 50 lap race the steering lock which i was meant to remove ages ago decided for once in its life time as a race car would come on mid corner around turn 5, my co driver managed too get it sorted and continued on to finish the race which went well into the night.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Come the 2nd of the 2 enduros a bit of work had gone on, with a new gearbox, steering lock removed, new brake pads, new bushes all round and a early Sunday morning radiator and fuel regulator change.
    this time my Co-Driver would start the race, due to missing most of Saturday, including the qualifying race, we would have to start from the back of the grid in 32nd position.

Gordon had a massive stint getting the car all the way up too 15th, but found himself struggling to pass a few slower cars which were in a 4 car battle pack, so we decided to bring him in at the earliest opportunity to undercut this group.

I got in the car and managed to get myself all the way up too 7th position until 10 laps too go, an issue with the shift mechanism cause me to not be able to shift from 2nd too 3rd cleanly and lost time too the 3 car pack behind me.
    the issues resolved it's self but those 3 cars were well up the road by this point.

But on the final lap I saw the car of Chelsea Angelo and Tim Slade had issues, so i made sure I pushed way harder then i had too, to catch that car for 9th position

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For more updates be sure to like my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BSRacing91/
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  18. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Great to see you up and running again. Car looks great with the orange and black.
  19. GT_macneil29

GT_macneil29 Rookie

PSN ID
    Macneil_29
    Did my first track day on the weekend
    stucar17, gtkingx, razor4797 and 2 others like this.
  20. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Anyone on here race there car down the 1/4 mile. Looking at doing my first run in the next month at Sydney Dragway and wouldn’t mind meeting up with a few others that do.