Fanatec Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 version

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Spidey_11, Oct 16, 2017.

1. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    beakeroo likes this.
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I’ve got you covered.

4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah mate I think I found your video last night. I'll try your settings and the one's Paul linked tonight and give them a go. I might need to have a run out with you guys and let you teach me the ways of the CSL :) There's some kind of in game tuning or settings chances you can do aren't there? Maybe that'll make for a good video Spidey.
    @PaulCox @Spidey_11
    PaulCox and Spidey_11 like this.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    PaulCox likes this.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Received my Clubsport v3 pedals a few hours ago. As great as the Elite pedals were compared to the best I had owned previously (T3PA Pro) the Clubsport v3's are another big step forward. Unbelievably nice feel and build quality. Makes me wonder how much better the Clubsport v2.5 wheel could possibly feel.

Fanatec are dragging their feet about what to do about my Elite pedals, they told me that it was my rig's fault as it was metal and not grounded well, so I grounded it. Now they're telling me that they won't refund me on them as I bought it in a bundle and they have to take the wheel back as well in order to refund. They want me to repair then (less than 2 weeks old) and keep them. Not a great way to treat a customer who has spent $1400 with them in the last few weeks. They also rang me from Germany at 1am a couple of nights ago.
  7. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    so does that mean if im using the gt ultimate which is metal i need to add a ground wire for warantee.....sounds like bull:):):):) to me mate..giving u the run around. only bad thing is there from germany and no matter how much u blow up they can still :):):):) u over. Hopefully u can flog them off like u did ur TM wheel n shifter
    beakeroo likes this.
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah I'll probably just sell them when I get them back.
  9. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I've been having a problem with my wheel since the beginning of the current season where I've been noticing a clunk when turning the wheel briskly when it reaches 90° which has steadily gotten worse. I was thinking it was a loose belt but then during last weekend's race down shifts were missing or doubling up often. Before contacting Fanatec I decided to try a different game and rim just in case. I put the formula rim on (I used it during season 4) and fired up GTS and both problems are gone. I'll try again later with PCars but I'm beginning to think that my P1 rim is the problem. Has anyone else had problems with the rim slipping on the base when turning? I know it was attached as tight as possible, I check it once every week or two.
  11. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    nothing noticed on mine. I'll have a better look for this above next time I fire it up.
    beakeroo likes this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    It's looking more and more like a problem with my P1 rim. I just tried the Formula 3.5 on PCars2 with my formula rim and everything worked flawlessly once again. I'll try the P1 rim later and see if it's still having issues with PCars and also try it on GTS.
  13. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Fanatec fan club, I might be late on this one but there’s a new driver update for the wheel base. It’s version 311 (edit, i had 411). I had to download it so I could use the McLaren GT3 rim.
    Make sure you write down your wheel FFB settings as they get wiped with the update.

Merry Christmas all!
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  14. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    If you're referring to v311 then that's probably been out for over 4 months now, everything else is correct though your optimal wheel settings may not always be the same between different versions of a game (like when there's an change in physics, update in the game's wheelbase driver/compatibility) or even between different steering wheels with different masses/rotational inertia and diameter sizes.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  15. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Whoops, thanks Bob. Corrected.
    Cheers
  16. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Well I got around to installing my V3 performance kit and dampener to my brake pedal earlier with medium settings and I wasn't sure that the Clubsport V3 could get much better but hot damn it just did!
    I also installed the SQ shifter and tightened up the mounts for it from my seat and just had 20 laps in the baby Ginetta around Hockenheim GP using manual clutch and getting used to heel and toe action after not using a full manual for a few years in sim racing and really enjoyed it. The SQ shifter is amazing.
    KoAStR and Ozglenn like this.
  17. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Spidey_11 or any one else do you find your LC brake pedal has a bit of side to side play in it where the other two pedals are solid?
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I've read that is very common Koastr.
    KoAStR likes this.
  19. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Yeah mine does. As in when you have your feet on them, I can wiggle it where as I can't with the throttle or old brake pedal. To be honest I forgot about this until your post. As Beaker said, I think it's common. Perhaps a slightly smaller LC pedal
    beakeroo likes this.
  20. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers. I thought so as it doesn't seem to be getting sloppier.. doesn't bother me when driving, just wanted to make sure didn't need to reevalute my panic brake stomp approach - it's become a frequent occurance in Dirt Rally 2.0! :roflmao:
    Spidey_11 and beakeroo like this.