Sunday League New Format Test 6, 13, 20/1/19

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Aug 21, 2018.

1. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    This is so we could compare lap times for finishing position points. Gives a penalty for starting pole in Div 3 would be the equivalent of starting 33rd on a grid we were all on. Just figured it would give the guys of lower pace to aim for a higher position by having a clean race. Gives reward for being constant not having 1 lap pace.
    deedz_aus likes this.
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Higher tyre wear and faster fuel consumption, it currently sits at 7 sprint rounds.
    deedz_aus likes this.
  3. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    I 100% agree with this, can we map fuel for the season around at say a 2-3 fuel map (meaning if you raced with a 2-3 setting out of 5, the car would make a full race), and then allow people the flexibility to run 1 fuel map settings for faster speeds and pit stop strategies?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    this season has predominately been similar race times for 1 and 2 stop strategies
    all previous seasons from memory have been similar in the regard that multiple strategies have worked at different rounds...
    I remember the lexus at maggiore being possible to 1, 2 or 3 stop the race...

With this test, I just want to keep settings simple, so will probably go with x1 wear and racing softs.

But for future seasons, what kind of wear rates are you suggesting?
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    Have you seen any of the tyre wear/fuel settings for the GT national/world series on youtube? They run a 6-8 setting but their races are generally shorter (8-12 laps) but they have some really close racing with various pit strategies.

What i was trying to articulate, was to set the fuel usage in a way that allows us to emulate a "turbo" mode by giving drivers the option to switch to fuel map 1 to get a boost of power at the cost of high fuel use, and plan races times/laps per weekend around a fuel map of 3 or 2 to avoid having to pit multiple times. Does that make sense?
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes I understand.
    deedz_aus likes this.
  8. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Always found obscenely high tyre wear to not be fun, car is good for a few laps then understeers for most of the race.
    1:30 lap over 40 mins is 20-30 laps, 1 stop being 10-15 laps per stint, meaning you have to lose 2-3 seconds a lap to make another stop worthwhile, and to achieve that its just silly how fast the tyres fall off.
    If you wanted to force tyre strategy, either starting on an obscenely soft tyre that wears out early on, making a hard tyre 1-stop hard or a soft tyre 2-stop options for something new, or do as the mustang starting on the hard tyre and making a softer tyre an option by stopping early and committing to a 2 stop. Would be challenging, but possible to get right so that different strategies are preferable at different rounds. Perfect world is when you can make either strategy work but that's pretty rare based on the variety of tracks.
    In addition, we CAN cap the starting fuel load to less than 100. Could be one of the ways to make multiple stops possible to force a first stop at an awkward time forcing a long stint on fuel/tyres to get home on 1 stop vs a 2-stop.

Just some alternatives to "make the wear rates really high", we have tools, should investigate them.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Rooz needs a heart react option
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Can someone explain to me why the need to over complicate a sturdy pre-established format? It sounds more to me like the beginnings of a mutiny, or to put it less harshly an attempt to branch off to a seperate entity all together.

I can see the some interest is piqued, but I would think that this would not take over from Sunday League, but more likely try to compete.

If you are in the wrong division, for sure it can feel like the system isn’t working, but the admins/moderators should be able to sort that out. Also of course some tracks you may suck at, and others excel. That is how championships fluctuate, because although we’d all like to win them all, in a full lobby, 15 won’t.

Maybe I’m just tired and cranky and overreacting...

Carry on
    disturboed and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    How can it be a mutiny when I am the one leading the organisation on both formats lol
    I am just interested to see if it works, and how much work it is.
    No harm in trying during the off-season...
    VARDZ likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    is there a maximum number of laps you can use for your qually time? tyre use, fuel load?
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    good point

For qualifying, we will have no fuel/tyre wear so it doesn't matter how long you run to affect the car
    xlxy90 likes this.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I suggest planned sessions where a host can open a room, have about 20- 30 minutes warmup/practice then a 10 minute race that is treated like a qually session. That way fastest laps are easily recorded and reported on. Is there going to be a limit on the number of sessions that can be attended by each driver to set a qually time?
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you can easily get qually times just from open practice too
    when a driver sets a time but then leaves the track, if you go into spectate and live timing, his time is still visible I believe if his car is still in the pits, but he is in the lobby
    drivers can do as much practice/qualifying as they want, but only one banker time, and then one final time can be logded
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    we have a gentlemans agreement about teammate drafting in the new qually i presume
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I guess so
  19. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Don't forget bump-drafting!
  20. robin edwards

robin edwards Team Driver

PSN ID
    rae1982
    Sounds like fun yes I am still alive just been pre occupied lately I be back for next season for sure
    emmo46 likes this.