Division 4 - Season 5

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  2. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    2:19.949 this afternoon. Maybe I'm going to beat you for a change! :sneaky::laugh:
  3. Blue XR8

Blue XR8 Rookie Gold Member

2.17 try but I don't know if I can promise that
    Dosy and Woody like this.
  4. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    :roflmao: Guess I better work on doing a 2:19.938 then to keep the close finishes happening!
    Dosy, micmansour and emmo46 like this.
  5. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Any improvement on your time? :whistling::cool::cautious:
  6. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Best for me so far is in the mid 17s and consistent in 18s after about 15 laps of practice
    Woody and Anthonyb like this.
  7. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    Haven't been on since, maybe Friday night or Saturday arvo
  8. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    You definitely should be up a division dude!
  9. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Most of the division have drivers that would do well in any division. Its very competitive across all divs. Excepts for some of the aliens in div 1
    Woody likes this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  11. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    :(:( Wont be racing tonight due to B&%^dy work, got a night shift. I was really looking forward to running at Bathurst as well.
    Good luck everyone. Hopefully I get to run next week.
  12. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    At least someone else might be able to get win now :roflmao:
    George and freddyp_33 like this.
  13. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    That was a great race last night.
    Unfortunately I was a lot faster in practice during the day than in quali. Managed to get into the low 2:16s but couldn't match it when it mattered.
    Was getting quicker with each qualifying lap but stuffed up the exit from Conrod on my last flying lap so ended up 2nd.
    Race - Got a decent start but so did @googe00 (well done on Pole). Got pushed a little wide on the first corner which dropped me back to third up Mountain Straight. Then the leader went wide into the wall and I backed off to see where he would end up, this allowed another car through so still in third. Then we just set off putting in really consistent laps. A few times I got really close to @micmansour and at one point was so close down Conrod I had to back off to see the right-hander. I only wish I had taken a dive on the inside because I was braking a lot later every lap. Probably could have got past, but then could have also made a mess of it and slipped off so just tucked back in. Eventually @AdgeR502 made a small error over the top which allowed @micmansour through for the lead. I tried everything I could to get around @AdgeR502 but he made it hard until I finally got a great run onto Mountain Straight and got into 2nd. Then off to chase down the leader who had a nearly 6 second lead at one point. I tried to put in a series of qualifying laps not really expecting to catch up but I found I was gaining all the time. I managed to get on his tail down Conrod on the last lap. Under braking I tapped the back of @micmansour which seemed to push him through the corner faster and then the whole race came down to the exit onto the front straight. I got the best entry and exit to the corner I could, got a little oversteer but got the power down and it was yet another drag race to the finish. If only the finish line was a little further down and I may have just snagged the win.
    Well done to @micmansour for the win, by 0.115 seconds and well done to @AdgeR502 for rounding out the podiums. You boys made it an intense, tricky and fun race.
    Fastest Lap - I thought for sure I would have snagged this one on the last lap again, but @micmansour got it by 0.003 second!
    I can't believe how close the racing has been i the past few races between us. The last three outings has seen no more than 0.140 between us over the finish line.
    On to the finale at Algarve!
    Anthonyb, George, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  14. googe00

googe00 Rookie

PSN ID
    googe00
    That leader that went into the wall was me.... here is my story.After qualifying in pole position and getting a good launch off the start line, i took it slowly through the first corner and shot off down the long straight in first place. While approaching the 4th gear right hand turn at the end of the straight i looked in my rear vision mirror for 2 micro seconds to make sure we were not so bunched up that were going to have a massive pileup, when i looked back at the track i had over shot my braking marker, Ghrrrr. i then spent the rest of the race climbing back to 5th. Great race, great track.
    Anthonyb, George, Woody and 2 others like this.
  15. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    Best race so far, but it is Bathurst after all!
    Have auto clutch turned on, but still bogged the start! Qualified in 3rd (I think?), but dropped back a few on the start. At least I didn't have a Drive Through like last week though!
    Saw an opportunity after turn 2 with some front runners going into the wall, and took it, sitting in 2nd place with @Woody on my behind until @AdgeR502 made his error going up the mountain about half way through, and bang into first place!
    Managed to pull my lead, saw on the map that 2nd and 3rd were a fair bit behind after a few laps, and all of a sudden @Woody makes his comeback (as he always does!).
    Was a clincher until the end. Having all aids, including ABS off, was a real struggle on this track, had to brake earlier than others at the end of Conrod and feather the pedal as to keep it straight, but the biggest struggle was coming down the dipper each lap and trying to not lock up, my worst section by far! Happy with my best lap of 2:17.631, I think there's at least 0.5s to gain with some driver aids on though. My G29 sure did get a workout last night!
    Relatively clean race (from what I saw), good racing everyone, and congrats on your results!
    Surprised the tyres held up for the entire race, less than half worn, but I think next week's enduro will require one pit stop if not two.
    stucar17, Anthonyb and George like this.
  16. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I knew it was you, didn't want to highlight it though :D
    Well done for not bouncing back out into the track, I clenched hard for a split second just in case!
  17. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Nice little dig about the ABS :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: According to a few of the super quick guys it's apparently faster with it off, although a lot scarier.
    stucar17 and micmansour like this.
  18. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  20. googe00

googe00 Rookie

PSN ID
    googe00
    Hi Team,

Great race last night, i thought 47 laps was going to be tough but it seemed to go really fast. A nice clean race from what i could see.
    Question... I am only a newbie to this league and I have really enjoyed racing on sunday nights. As this was the last race of the season.. what happens now, do we start season 6? if so when and how do i make sure i am on the start line?
    freddyp_33 and Woody like this.