ACC Assetto Corsa Competizione - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Beau_Albert, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Woody and Rolz like this.
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Good video on the driver rating system
    Woody and Spidey_11 like this.
  4. Rolz

part 2 of the rating system
    marty, Spidey_11 and Woody like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I haven't ran it much since the initial release but will give it more of a run in the next build with MP. We will be running some ROOZ servers too so should be a bit of fun in just over a week with some mp racing. ;)
    Spidey_11 and Rolz like this.
  6. Rolz

I’d be keen to again use ur formula rim in anger too! ;)
    Really hope they let us host, but I’m suspecting it’ll be their supplied servers only. :giggle:
    Love to be proven wrong
  7. Rolz

Spidey_11 likes this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I was just about to try setup a server and noticed you already had it going on the rooz server. I will give it a try later this arvo and see if it works or try to make it work if it doesn't. :thumbsup:
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Server does work well at least what there is to it, there were a few in but I only ran a few laps and didn't notice any chat screen.

Will need to see how to change weather later as ROOZ has had enough sunny day servers in AC already I think. :D
  10. Rolz

yeah do that!
    apparently setups now can be loaded in VR so I'm really excited... oh why did I have to come into the office... I should have worked from home today!! :p
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My first go at the Paul Ricard wet special event race, love the track evolution and graphics. Kind of struggled keeping it in the grove in sections due to lack of visibility and just took it easy most of the race, would need to get much more aggressive to get through the field properly. Good fun though and liking where ACC is heading.

MP needs lots of work still with servers and lobby very hit and miss with kunos trying to get it more stable over this weekend. Like the ratings and driving model, plus the visual weather and track evolution is very nice. The big puddles and aquaplaning plus actual wet weather driving compared to say PC2 is really no comparison. PC2 visuals are ok but the wet driving and driving model in general is in a completely different league with lots of weirdness.

ACC has lots of work to do but with lots of polish it could end up a very solid title out of early access.
  12. Rolz

13. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Just got it a few days ago....and this comment is so I get notified when you boiz post something! ;)
  14. Rolz

RaceOnOZ Server 01 in ACC is up... and @andyo450 on top of the leaderboard :p If that's u A O'hare?
    (Sorry if I miss spelt, my txt is a bit off still in VR)

Also good news that CPU usage isn't very high with 5ppl so thats great as well!!
    with 0.3.1 finding server with filters seems to be heaps easier too
    Spidey_11 and andyo450 like this.
  15. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Yea its me :D.
    It took a bit of time but I'm enjoying ACC now. I don't go much on the Lambo (I think that's just the car though, I don't like it in AC either) but the Bentley and BMW feel pretty good. The FFB is much improved for me over EA1, I still think its a bit behind AC and RF2 but it gives a bit more of an idea what the rears doing.
    I also managed to get rid of most of the blurriness which really annoyed me.
    The best part of ACC for me though is the tracks. They seem to have gone up a level in terms of quality. I'm enjoying Paul Ricard a lot. Boring as hell to look at but its fun to drive.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I never found the Rooz server in the lobby, well I did the first time but since then all I see is OS servers. I tried using the latency filter at both extremes hoping it would find more local servers but that didn't help either.

Lets hope that there is a server search and save option in future builds, I like the ratings option but I fear that the way it will end up working wont be great for us down under. If it tries to filter first to match others with similar ratings it may not work well with limited number of local servers. Meaning we will either need to go to OS servers with high pings or have local ones more open to all. If we have local ones with stricter entry once that is an option then maybe all the better rated high pingers will also be jumping in.

I do really hope that we can set ping limits for servers and also be able to filter better by local servers.
  17. Rolz

Bogor, marty and Spidey_11 like this.
  18. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Found the server. Did a few laps.
    I worked out I am not fast :)
    Good fun though.
    VR in ACC still needs so much work.
  19. Rolz

with the little bit of rain u need wet tires or it's crapola...
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I jumped into the server for a couple laps, nice to actually find it now. That little bit of rain is interesting as I was pretty close to the same time on slicks and wets, the slicks were way more fun though. :D
    Rolz likes this.