Division 2 - Season 5

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 26, 2018.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'm out for the rest of the season. Sim racing has taken a back seat with the release RDR2 & Spyro. Hopefully, my passion for sim racing gets reignited with this "sebatical". So pending car should be back for season 6.
  2. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'm out tonight peeps. I won't be home in time sorry guys.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    A night of ups and downs. (again, LOL)

Managed to squeeze out a PB 16.3 for the Quali but still a couple tenths behind Stozza, and was going faster on my final lap before screwing up the exit of the cutting and getting too much slide on. Start from P2 which I was pleasantly surprised with.

Off the line nicely, although my bloody viewpoint had changed and I was frantically cycling through them to get to my preferred one, and the lights go out and I seriously thought I had jumped it as I saw the dreaded DT appear in the top left, but when I had a proper look saw it was for Stozza!!

So just followed him around L1, no need to get aggressive and he dived into pits straight away. I had inherited the lead and I had 1.5 seconds on Stu so now it was about finding that sweet pace spot. Over the next 10 laps I got the gap out to 2.5-3 seconds each time, Stu was quicker at the end of the lap, I was quicker up the hill and across the top. He also had Gary to contend with so that definately helped me.

Lap 11 and I was coming down the mountain and the bloody little hump down into the elbow got me and sent me sliding sideways into the leftside wall, stalled it in the middle of the track 90 degrees to wall. Got it restarted and thought the oncoming cars were going one way, so I plucked first and tried to spin it back around, when Stu went the other way and he hit me (sorry mate). Gary was now in the lead with V8 hot on Stu's tail. By the time i got going I was about 4 seconds off the lead in 4th.

Despite me throwing everything at it, I couldn't better the pace, so things just stayed the same for a bit, then Gary binned it into Murrays giving the lead to V8 who had taken Stu a little earlier. Up into third and I really had to try and get ahead of Stu if I was to keep any hope of championship alive. V8 started to skip away, and I was slowly, slowly reeling Stu in. But it was hard going and by about 3 or 4 laps from the end the tyres were screaming enough and I was getting sloppy. I couldn't close in any further and I even had a massive moment on the final lap out of the chase, almost losing third place to Familia in the process.

Well done to V8 & Stu, bring on Algarve, actually looking forward to that one!!
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, some more good racing last night lads..... was good to see a few of the guys find pace as the night went on with the later start !

My night, had ZERO prac through the week..... just couldn't get on so thought my championship challenge was well and truly over with seeing stozz was in the 15s, and i knew everyone else would be fast....
    In the prac room before the race i did a 16:3, but knew i couldnt be any faster than that ..... so was kinda happy with 4th, running a 16:8 knowing was a little more pace in it and was going to be a slight chance of a podium if i didnt fall off the road.

When the lights went green and i saw stozz got a drive through, i knew (and im sure the others did as well) that the win was up for grabs, so was a little surprised to see him dive in at the end of the first lap.....i was expecting him to grab a lead and then see what happened.... Anyway, slotted in behind turbo, and he slowly stretched it to a few seconds, and had gary up my clacker yet again, with V* and familia in a train behind..... the gap would vary, depending on who made mistakes, but all i know is if everyone can pitch in and give me $2 for every clench moment i can retire..

On lap 11, i head over the crest into Forrest Elbow and a little bit of :poop::poop: came out.... not only do i struggle there but all i see is something like this
    [​IMG]

Thankfully turbo still had his wheels on, and no broken leg, until i zigged to the front when i should have zagged to the back, and made contact as he tried to recover..... All it did was let gary through, and then V8, so was back to third.

When Gary went off, and Stozz was still not in the top 5, i tried for 3 laps to catch V8, but was no chance so just tried to stay in 2nd for a but of a lucky points haul..... Gotta take em when you can, even though i nearly did a turbo at Forest elbow on lap 19.....

Well done to everyone who showed.... hopefully we have @bounty and @Blindman for the enduro......make a bigger grid for the enduro....
    Stozz, Spidey_11, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  5. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    stu you should see me save it in my video at forest elbow.. Tokyo drift stuff...
    stucar17 and Woody like this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good luck for the last round of the season lads.... i will get the driver briefing up either tonight or tomorrow.
    All ill ask for the last round is a bit of a head count of numbers so we know how many runners we have. With our D2 a bit light on, if there is space i can merge D1 - 3 and 2..... Dont think it will work (if all D2 show up we will have 9 or 10 i think), but best to know before hand...
    Thanks stu
    Stozz and garyw61 like this.
  7. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Wouldn't miss it.
  9. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  10. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    LOL, i may miss after all....... have my sons birthday party which is supposed to wrap up at 8.... :eek:
    Might have to try to be there right on qual start !
    Woody likes this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  13. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    will be present
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  15. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Wow, never in a million years did I ever think I would be runner up and 7 points off a Div 2 Championship!

Well fought season lads, gratz to Stozz for the title!
    Stozz, Anthonyb, garyw61 and 2 others like this.
  16. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Well done Stozz, Turbo & Stu.

Could never quite get a grasp on the car and was consistently 1.5-2 seconds off the pace at best in qualy.

After that performance, I’m looking forward to suiting up in Div 3 or 4 next season. ;) :whistling:
    Stozz, Anthonyb and garyw61 like this.
  17. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats Stozza! Also well done Turbo and Stu. Great racing this season guys. Thanks!
    Stozz and Anthonyb like this.
  18. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

Thanks finally got one some really good battles throughout the season
    Woody and Anthonyb like this.
  19. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Well done stozza
    Stozz likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, another season done and dusted.... Sorry havent been on much last few days, and more disappointed couldnt make the last round for a tilt at the silverware...... Things have been out of control at work and home, real life and all !

Congrats to Stozz for the championship, would have been interesting if i could have run, i think i was 4 points ahead on countback ... oh well......

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who stuck out the season. Had some great battles, but i would be lying if i didnt say was disappointed with the smaller grids for the last half of the season. Buggered if i can remember a better car to race in, but it just shows that no matter what we pick, it wont float everyone's boat ! If we get through a season with full grids for 7 rounds, ill shout everyone a 1st class trip to Germany for a weeks running on the Nordschleife ;)

Goes without saying, thanks to everyone who helped with the running of the season.... @Ad2mny and @garyw61 , @Bounty05 for the great job you did with the ladders and @Nathan Storrier @v8power383 for hosting or trying to host when things went pear shaped...

Will get the prize draw sorted with @anon in the next few weeks, stay tuned for that....

Time for a bit of a break lads, recharge the batteries, and get ready for season 7 in the new year... Am sure will see a few of you on for testing, or some fun races over the break....

Cheers Stu
    Ad2mny, Stozz and garyw61 like this.