Season 17: No Halo's Here!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

yeah my clutch is set from 10-30% or I struggle with mashing gearboxes
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  2. Parkour

Parkour New Recruit

Q: Had a decent qualy lap on the first run and improved my PB by 0.5secs with very little practice during the week, to get a 1:13.1xx. I think that got me 2nd or third row.

R1: Got a clean getaway the 2nd time we started and chased down 2nd place. Got squeezed on the exit of T1 off the road and dropped down a couple spots. Was fighting my way back to a potential 2nd, when the guys in front had a spin or tangle, which I was not prepared for and had a half spin also - losing a bunch of time. Finished 4th. Probably could have held down 2nd place with better luck. No idea who was battling with, as the replay did not auto-save.

R2: First ROOZ win. Happy with that, though I feel bad for the contact between Andy and me on the 3rd last lap. Basically, I tried to cover the inside and Andy managed to squeeze his car in alongside after we crossed the start line. As we approached T1 we both moved towards each other slightly, me still trying to discourage Andy's inside attack, and Andy presumably moving to avoid the curbing. We both flew off the track into the wall as a result. I probably in hindsight needed to give Andy more space and had misjudged just how much he had, as it was difficult to tell going down the straight where the track edge was going to be. Prior to that, I had a great start (for once!) and cut through the leading pack very quickly to be sitting 2nd by T3 on lap 1, and then 1st by the end of lap 2. Since my rears went off during R1, I took it easy on them and built a gap without using them up too much. By the time Andy was on a charge behind, it was 8 or so laps to go with a 6-second lead and I could already see that he was going to be close behind at the end. The rears held up until our T1 accident and I managed to crawl back on track in the wrong gear to resume P1 for the last two laps with significant damage and Andy still 2nd. Andy never let up, as expected, so I was relieved to make a slight gap in the end.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    tezpez85, andyo450, jlynn777 and 2 others like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Will give this a try during the week, the Simworx clutch pedal has a pretty larger travel range so it could be my issue if AC has the activation point at the far end of the range.
  4. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

That race went better than i expected. I've never raced at Kyalami before but luckily its a pretty easy track to figure out

My first proper flying lap in qually was pretty nice. Didn’t expect to do a 12.8. Awesome to see 2nd-5th separated by just over .15 sec

I got a very good start for R1 then saw someone go flying throught the air very elegantly in the rearview.
    R1 restart was pretty much the same so I had a decent gap going into t1. Tez, GZ, Parkour were all lapping pretty close to what I was doing so I wasn't able to push the gap out as quick as I would've liked to. It grew by 2 or 3 seconds until Tezpez started to struggle with his tyres. That slowed the guys behind down a bit as well so that gave me a decent amount of breathing room.

R2 was good fun. I softened the rear ARB going into qually. It didn't do anything for laptime but it helped with traction of a few of the slower corners. This really paid off in race 2. I was able to get really good traction off the last corner and get a nice tow down the start/finish straight. I worked my way up into second and then set about chasing down @Parkour. I was gaining 2-4 tenths on most laps which wasn't enough but he made a few small errors which helped get onto the back of him.
    That's pretty much how I saw it too. You defended hard but fair and I went for a pretty risky gap. It ended in pretty light contact that spat us both into the wall. We had a big enough gap to 3rd to be able to rejoin and keep position so in the end it doesn't even matter ;).
    Pretty happy to end up second and with fastest lap as well thanks to the massive tow at this track.

Well done to @Godzilla and @Rolz on the podiums and @Parkour for the win in Race 2.

Now to Imola.

Yes.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  6. Parkour

Parkour New Recruit

Damage at Imola72 is very severe when glancing a wall. Are we able to hack the track file and reduce the wall friction or perhaps run with lower damage for this race? So easy to break a motor from seemingly minor contact.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  7. Rolz

I've dropped damage from 75% to 50% and will test, I did have a few clips into the barrier and had the same thing, but mine weren't glances :p
    Checked surfaces.ini file but this doesn't include the barrier so see how dropped damage goes.

Also a few people mentioned that they were having trouble seeing the server, I did notice this also last night and though something with my machine as I checked stracker and @Bogor was on there racing.

I've restarted the windows box this morning and fired up all AC servers again and now can see them in my server list. :thumbsup:
  8. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I did not see them at first last night.
    I usually just filter for RaceOnOz and they did not appear.
    However when I clicked on Recent, they were there.
    I was wondering why Thursday night practice was so quiet.
    I managed to get a new PB that I am happy with.
    The walls are a killer!!!!
    tezpez85 and Rolz like this.
  9. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

There is definitely a serious problem with the guardrail collision. No matter what angle or speed you touch them they will grab the car and do serious or race ending damage. Can't race like that. Unless we find a quick fix my feeling is we'd have to run zero damage just to allow most of us to finish the race. Maybe we need to consider an alternative track that we know works? It'd be a shame as I love that version of Imola.

I also could not find the servers last night. Recent servers in AC launcher didn't show them for me and in content manager they were listed in recent servers but I couldn't join them. Glad you've got it sorted now Rolz.
    Rolz likes this.
  10. Rolz

I can’t test until tomorrow, so if someone can check what damage level is acceptable before car dies that would be good... zero damage is not really what I’d want to have... but then clipping a wall did mean game over in 1972 :)
  11. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Yeah I kind of agree. Awesome track but with walls on the track edge that behave like this, touching a wall could ruin the race of everyone behind when you stop dead
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

The high damage from the wall I don’t mind so much as it’s the same for everyone. Being the unfourtunate victim of someone else slamming a wall and you cleaning them up at speed will be an issue though. I’ll try to have a look at what damage levels do what later today unless someone gets to it sooner
    Rolz likes this.
  13. Rolz

I set servers to 25%
    It still hurts when hitting the wall but it's not game over... remember it was the 70's...
    Jackie Stewart: "When I was in F1, sex was safe and motor racing was dangerous."
  14. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

whats the low down on next season?
  15. Rolz

I’ve been slack, sorry :(
    Will get some votes going, but this time on specific cars I think... last vote didn’t seem to get the support I’d had hoped...
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I would suggest either DTM season, or one make stuff, like 458 S3, hardcore open wheeler like the F138 or the RSR formula 3
    andyo450 likes this.
  17. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Anything is fine with me. I am finding it great learning all the different style of cars there are.
    It's helped me drive better and adapt. Still not fast but getting faster :)
    andyo450, jlynn777, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  18. Rolz

19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

@marty
    How did you go with the clutch settings?
  20. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

So how many are going to be on for the last race of the season?
    I can't see too many people on the server stats that have done some laps.
    This track is tricky and needs a few laps to get dialed in.