GT Sport Season 5 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 25, 2018.

1. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I am nearly healthy enough to race this weekend but then won't be home from work in time so another season ends with me hardly competing, I won't be signing up for another season until my ambition of M-F work is realised guys, then I can dedicate some time.
    Tristan Jones, Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  2. Heyagarn

Heyagarn Rookie

PSN ID
    Heyagarn
    Sorry @Hatfield @Matthyus plans changed, I’m out tonight.
    Thanks heaps for the season, I’ve enjoyed it!
    Matthyus likes this.
  3. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Once again, hitting do not refuel by mistake cost me a good race.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 7
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
  5. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Q: P5
    R: P2

At the start i got a shocking start and pass the driver from 8th to 5th. I caught up to battle for 3rd and Pass but mistake not once but twice but i pass them. Few laps later I was catching up to the 2 championship contenders but Nemo beat John and try to overtake John but he pit on Lap 16 so he can get the undercut on me and it wrk for him. I overtook John by a dive bomb move and try to get 1st place against Nemo but I pushed too much and went off the the track but i finished P2 in a Legendary way
    Matthyus likes this.
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    After a poor quali I managed another brilliant start going 8th to 5th and momentarily 4th. From 5th I harried @fezza for quite a few laps, even getting lose enough to pass. Eventually @LE_bananajosh passed me then Fezza but the battle continued. Stayed out a lap longer than everyone else in the hope that younger tyres would provide on advantage later on. They did, passed somebody then caught up to @Easyprey007 on about lap 25ish who hadn't stopped yet. His tyres where clearly shot but he stuck to his lines like a demon and I couldn't find my way past. I think he pitted on 27 and so I was away until....

I got caught by the changing characteristics of this car with scant fuel on board...lost it on the last corner and back to last where I finished.
    Matthyus and fezza like this.
  7. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    That was one of the hardest races i have done in a long time...in practise i was getting 1:21 and 1:22 every lap, but never cracking 1:20. Everyone seemed to have as good or better pace, with mistakes being the difference. I made my share of those too. I was last for a whiel with a gap in front of 15 seconds - hoping that some of that was because of my earlier pit stop.

Had an epic race with easy towards the end, kept me on my toes and he had me sweating!

Well done to podium and all - hopefully will see you on track before or during next season!
    Matthyus and Easyprey007 like this.
  8. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    thanks all for the season, looking forward to the next one :)
    Easyprey007 and Tristan Jones like this.
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    TL : DR
    Happy to have been in the run for the title, sad to have missed it by such a small margin. Happy to have taken the NLR team championship out in my first season as Captain.

Congraulations to Nemo and Jonesy for the title Win and 3rd place finish!!

Pre-Race
    At the end of Round 6, I was in front of @Cameron Neane (nemo), by a measly 3 points (7 if you take the drop round away)
    He had to beat me by 8 points to take the title.
    Basically, I needed to come 2nd with either FL or pole to retain the title.
    However the track we had next is Interlagos, 1 of 2 tracks I depise (nurb 24h is the other) and do poorly on.
    So this meant practice and lots of. As it is the first time I've been in the pointy end I wanted to make sure I did everything I could to do my best.
    I was managing 1.20 pre pit and 1.19 in practice post pit and was happy with that. All throughout the week, I was able to keep my eye in all week, so felt good about my prospects.
    I also had a XMAS function (all day one) so I was a bit tired and had a nap prior to the race

Qual
    I felt I managed a really good qual and held that for several laps, but nemo pinched it from me with a flyer. Qual'ed 2nd, still good considering my normal qual pace. DAMN - 1 of my options to keep the title gone.

RACE
    Got a good start, but so did Nemo, a rarity!!
    @scottb721 got a wonderful start from 3rd and took me by the first corner, but managed to retake down the straight.
    However, I couldn't catch Nemo, he just kept dragging away. Not fast, but enough so that I couldn't close the gap. I did however manage to snag the FL.
    By the time I pitted on 16, he was 10s in front. I was hoping to use the undercut, but got stuck behind Soobs, so couldn't make any decent dent into the difference and when nemo and the rest of them exited the pits I was extactly where were 2 laps ago, 10s behind.
    At this stage, I almost resigned myself to 2nd and still had the FL so was feeling pretty good. However I couldn't increase my pace and others were able to. @LE_bananajosh managed to chase me down (from at least 10s down) and with a daring dive bomb on the inside of T1 he took me. During this phase of the race, I had lost FL to Nemo, then to Josh, who beat his own, only to have it beaten by Nemo once again.
    By this stage, I was devastated that I just couldn't make the car go any faster. In fact my fastest time was in the first phase on tired tyres...
    Rolled over the line in 3rd.
    Happily though, I had a clean race with no accidents / issues, just didn't have pace on the track.

Well done to Nemo, Josh for their win and podium finish.

And we've come yet again to the end of another season.
    It has been an interesting season, as I was expecting @Tristan Jones to have been a force in this season due to all the practice he had been doing pre season with another series.
    Tough as well emotionally, as having a team mate as your direct competitor made for some interesting discussions.
    As @incey and @emmo46 had moved on to tougher pastures, leaving the remainder of us to compete within ourselves, I thought a podium finish would be where I would be aiming for this season.
    @Green Terror was a force to be reckoned with as you have pace still beyond mine, as does @fezza and @scottb721 . @T F Eccles with some more seasons under your belt you will also be.

Congratulations to @Cameron Neane for the Division Title and win.
    Kudos to @Tristan Jones for sneaking on to the podium for 3rd, by 1 point!!

I hope that you all enjoyed the season and come back for more

Taking on NLR captain duties as @Bryan_F was taking a well earnt break along with stats as @emmo46 was doing the same, some pressure might have crept in, but I think I've managed to keep it together.

As the season started and NLR was in the lead, I was amazed. 2nd round, still in the lead. Those RZR guys, took it from us with a high round total, but we managed to snatch it back and take the lead on the last round with 7 points!!

All in all, I'm happy to have been in the run for the title, miffed that I missed out on it, but then happy again in my debut season as captain of NLR, that we managed to take the title out.

See you all next season!!
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Season 5 Complete!

Congrats to @Cameron Neane on the championship and @Matthyus & @Tristan Jones (only 1 point away @Easyprey007 ) on rounding out the podium.

Thanks to everyone who managed to managed to participate throughout the season.
    Thanks to those who helped with hosting, and to @Matthyus for the great job he did with the tables.

Big thanks on the small number of protests, fair racing is what we come here for. We will get the PAGNIAN prize draw sorted in the next few weeks when @Anon666 gets a chance to breathe, so stay tuned for that.

More thanks to give to tynesider for broadcasting our final 2 Division 1 races (final round is in the pipeline) and agreeing to continue on with this as long as his schedule permits

Coming up during the holiday break, TITTSUP road car racing on tuesday nights will always be happening:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/current-rooz-take-it-to-the-street-under-pressure.3030/

TCR final round is next Sunday:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/series-2-12-rooz-tcr-cup-rec-support-series.3131/

The annual BJH Race of Champions is Sunday 9/12: (invitation only)
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/9-12-bjh-memorial-race-of-champions.3461/

I am also running a top gear night on Saturday 15/12 with limited spots remaining:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/15-12-topgear-esque-challenge-gt-sport-edition.3441/

REC final round is Sunday 16/12:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/series-16-12-raceonoz-endurance-championship.3084/

In January, we have a new format test for 3 weeks on Sunday nights:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/sunday-league-new-format-test-6-13-20-1-19.3318/
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/sunday-league-new-format-test-entry-thread.3457/

Following that in February will be Season 6 and car discussion is here:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-6-car-discussion.3443/

Thanks guys,
    Hat