Car for Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Nov 22, 2018.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    We wouldn't be running Bathurst next season anyway so that wouldn't matter. Car gets picked first and then tracks that would work best with it (that don't clash with previous season)
    Woody likes this.
  2. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I was hoping the tracks would change which is great to hear that they do. It was late when I jumped into the cars so was too lazy to pick a different track.
  3. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    Please not the V6 Renault… worst car in the game!
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Come try it out in the gt sport new format test in January. It is pre-season so won't conflict with your pcars schedule
  5. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I'll be running some of the car tonight in the random racing to see what works and what doesn't
    Woody likes this.
  6. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    What time will you be doing this? Keen to get involved if I am home in time
  7. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Should be on, need some random racing I think.
    Woody likes this.
  8. AdgeR502

AdgeR502 Rookie

I've been driving a few open wheelers lately I think the indy, formula a or formula Renault are all good options
  9. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    You getting in some practice early @AdgeR502 :cool:
  10. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

It’s an awesome car have your driven it lately, my pick for the next season
    Woody and v8power383 like this.
  11. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

That open wheeler was good tonight
  12. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

If it's formula A I'll need to be in div 5. It's impossible on a controller.
  13. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Not sure what it was but heaps of grip and power
  14. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    For me from the races we did last night I'm thinking the Renault Trophy V6 or BMW GrA
    Woody likes this.
  15. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    The Renault did produce some good racing and was a lot of fun to drive. It’s my pick too so far followed by the formula Renault 3.5.
  16. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I enjoyed both Renaults last night. Based on when we ran the Formula B, I remember some really good racing, at least it was in Div 1.
    Woody likes this.
  17. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    LOL i only remember the gap getting bigger and bigger and bigger the longer the race went
  18. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    @stucar17 @colin-50_ and I had a few runs in the Indy car last night around a couple of tracks and the Formula Renault 3.5 around Monza. The Indy car in default setup went through tyres pretty quick and the temps went through the roof if you spun. Could produce some fun racing with the push to pass but could possibly suit a tuned series better. I definitely prefer the 3.5 Renault.
    Stu and I then run a few laps in the Renault V6 which definitely felt better around Catalunya the other night than around the Nurburg (thanks again Stu for the advice on gearing). We then had a quick run in the Lancer Track car. I found this good to drive but definitely would suit a drift series. Not sure if it would be good for a whole season.
    Based on the driving the other night the Super Trofeo is a definite no as well.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was good to do a few laps again last night ...
    As Woody said, i think the indy car felt ok, but i would need to do more in it to be convinced it would be a good league car option. I did have the tyre wear on accelerated from the BMW, and it ate tyres like Clive Palmer eats TimTams....
    The 3.5 Renault seemed good, DRS was interesting .... only did 1 track in that though....
    The renault V6 felt ok, was pretty understeery for me but once i got used to it was ok....
    Will do some more laps in other cars over next few weeks and see how they go.....I know i did love the M3 BMW Gp A in PCars 1... might be a bit similar to the TC we just used though... Kene to try a few of the ferarris, i remember the Aston Martin GT300 (i think) was a good car last time we tested it...

Wasnt a fan of the Lancer track day car, could see drivers deserting that season....and it sneezed every time i changed gears, annoying !
    Woody likes this.
  20. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    :roflmao::roflmao: