AC Fun Run Series! Offseason between S17-S18

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Just setting up a Fun Run Series and test cars for next season whilst we wait for Season 18 to start

Race 1 - Maserati GT4, Cayman GT4 Clubsport @ Imola
    Content is Kunos
    Race will be Monday 3rd December
    Will have 2x 22min Sprint (no compulsory pit) with 2nd race reverse grid.

Race 2 - KTM X-Bow @ Laguna Seca
    Content is Kunos
    Race will be Monday 10th December
    Will have 40min +1lap. (compulsory pit)

Race 3 - Ferrari F138 @ Mugello
    Content is Kunos
    Race will be Monday 17th December

Race 4 - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 @ Barcelona GP
    Content is Kunos
    Race will be Monday 7th January
    Will have TBA Laps (compulsory pit) Roughly 40min race

Race 5 - Lotus Exige 240R S3 @ Nurburgring Sprint GT
    Content is Kunos
    Race will be Monday 14th January
    Will have 2x TBA lap Sprint (no compulsory pit) with 2nd race reverse grid.

Race 6 - No Guitar Hero Round! - I won't find out until 15min before prac starts so no-one has any advantage of getting hours of practice in... rock up and do as best as u can... as close to a blank slate as possible
    Content is Kunos
    Race will be Monday 21st January

Race 7 - Nissan 370z @ Okayama
    Car is Kunos and track can be gotten here
    Race will be Monday 28st January
    Will have TBA Laps Sprint (no compulsory pit) with 2nd race reverse grid.

Official Practice starts
    Prac - 6pm (WA) 8pm (Qld) 9pm (Vic/NSW)
    Qual - 6:30pm (WA) 8:30pm (Qld) 9:30pm (Vic/NSW)
    Race - 6:45pm (WA) 8:45pm (Qld) 9:45pm (Vic/NSW)

NOTE - At race start server will be locked so if you haven't joined in qual you won't be able to join in... this is to prevent issues with randoms connecting and potentially ruining someones race.

Races will be popped into a stracker championship, located here: http://rooz.simracer.me:50041/championship

Seasoned racers will know the drill, but for those new to our fine forum, please read the Code of Conduct and Racers Guide, both good reads and worth a second look if it's been a while.
    There will be 15 minutes of qualifying depending on the length of the track, and then into the race, total racing time usually around 45 minutes.

More races info to follow...
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    anton_Chez and Bogor like this.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Looking forward to this, has been a bit of a crazy week with weddings and work stuff so haven’t had any wheel time for a little while.
    andyo450 likes this.
  3. Rolz

been wondering where u have been...
  4. Rolz

Hi All, just a reminder that at race start the server will be locked so if you haven't joined in qual you won't be able to join in... This is to prevent issues with randoms connecting and potentially ruining someones race...
  5. Rolz

Godzilla likes this.
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Great to be back racing and had some great battles tonight. Thanks all
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Was actually really cool to go from old Imola last week to new Imola this week, still has a lot of its character and I think improved a fair bit from the old track.

Thanks for the setup @Rolz and organising these car worked very well, just got greedy at one point and threw away the lead, after having a great start, unsure I would have been able to hold it as others had great pace.

Race two was unfortunately very messy, ended up last and way behind in no mans land. Managed to catch up to a couple of guys but not a great one for me. Shame, was hoping for some fun racing as it could have been close
    andyo450 and Rolz like this.
  8. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

That’s was great fun. I was a bit late to the party and not the biggest fan of that Imola but nonetheless had a ball and could definitely do a season in those little weapons. Fun amount of looseness with a TC off...which caught me out multiple times
    andyo450, jasondull1986 and Rolz like this.
  9. Rolz

Since we had a tie for car vote 1, next week's race will be the KTM X-Bow @ Laguna Seca
    Sprint and Race distance servers are up :thumbsup:
    Godzilla and Bogor like this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks for the races guys, maybe there should be a BAC limit as I only had a few beers plus was very tired. Going on the first red light race one after warning people about no clutch :confused: it wasnt looking good. Ended up way back after the drive through, passed a few but chose to dnf for a backrow start race 2.

Tried to take it easy at start but the seas parted ahead and I easily gained some spots. Got to start of 2nd chicane and @Godzilla was hard on the brakes way before I even thought of lifting. Maybe there was traffic ahead I didnt noticd or I completly missed my mark and nailed him at speed. Sorry about that :cry: I figured all I was doing was being a hazard so I vote kicked myself from the server.
    andyo450 and Rolz like this.
  11. Rolz

yeah thnx for the racing all last night!

realised about 1/2 race 2 that my breaks were only giving me 80-85% max pressure... was wondering why I couldn't break were I was used to and everyone seemed to be out breaking me :p
    @TheStig13 I'd hate to see what times u would put down with more practice mate...just rock up, minimal laps and bam just the times u put down... obviously spend time across lots of sims and it shows :) we need someone to tame @andyo450 :D

well breaks are fully calibrated again so thats good... :thumbsup:

oh boy the x-bow is a skittish beast of a thing... if we were to do a season in them the skill level gained would be amazing... unless of course u throw ur rig off a tall building and send an rpg after it in frustration lol :roflmao:

tighter tracks should have some really close battles....
    andyo450 and jlynn777 like this.
  12. Rolz

Hey Gents, I've pulled up not feeling very well today and won't be able to make this evening. :( I've set the server up with the right parameters so Server03 just needs to be restarted and it's all ready to go... @marty or @Anon666 are you fellas able to do this at the right time? (8pm AEST / 9pm AEDT)
    Really sorry to put this out so late... been hoping whatever it is was only fleeting, but I've just gone down hill as the day has gone on... :cry:
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will get the server going and get results later, I wont be able to race though as I have some other stuff to do tonight.
    Rolz likes this.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I’m 50 50 for making it, on way now but may miss start of quali
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Fun run server 3 has been restarted so it should be good to go.
    Rolz likes this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Well done @andyo450 on the win, good choice of strategy.
    That was quiet a good race for me even though the end time gap doesn’t show it. Felt I had a chance at the win from Sunday when I found some good pace in the car, damn strategist/race engineer let me down, I blame the pit crew!!! Oh, wait...
    Fastest in Prac, Quali, most consistent and fastest lap, all but the most important one.
    Was prety happy and comfortable with the pace in the first half and was good on speed in the second but seems that changing tyres was a mistake, live and learn and hopefully go one better next time :)

Thanks @Rolz and @marty sorting the servers
  18. Rolz

19. Rolz

Race 3 - Ferrari F138 @ Mugello
    Content is Kunos
    Race will be Monday 17th December
  20. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Never been a big fan of Laguna Seca. Think it's good for a hot lap but IMO not great for racing - so hard to follow closely and not many spots for an overtake. The corkscrew feels more like an obstacle than a corner to me, I'm sure in real life the track would be insanely fun though. Combined with the X-Bow I wasn't enjoying it too much. It took a long time before I could even complete a lap in it, it seems very bizzare to me. The low turnout and finishers may reflect that feeling too, although it could of been from seeing the times @Godzilla and @andyo450 were doing o_O it was a rude wake up call seeing how far off the pace I was after doing a few races on a full public server the day before where I had randoms complementing my speed lol :roflmao:
    I got to admit I was hoping to witness someone finally beat andy and really thought Godzilla could do it, although a clever pitstop strategy saw the champ win easily. Spent my race by myself until the last 2 laps, had a fun battle with @Mael :)

I do like Mugello and haven't had a proper crack at the F138 yet so looking forward to that :thumbsup: