GT-Sport [Completed] RaceOnOz Endurance Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by REVO_Bryan, Jan 1, 2018.

?

Track selection: Which circuits would you most like to add to the WES calendar?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2018.
  1. Dragon Trail

66.7%
  2. Autodrome Lago Maggiore

38.1%
  3. Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

28.6%
  4. Alsace Village

9.5%
  5. Brands Hatch GP Circuit

23.8%
  6. Autodromo de Interlagos

42.9%
  7. Nurburgring GP

47.6%
  8. Willow Springs International - Big Willow

4.8%
  9. Suzuka

38.1%
  10. Mount Panorama

81.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations @Noremac and SLAPMAC Racing for the drivers and teams championships.
    Motors560, Hatfield, Noxrai and 2 others like this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    @emmo46 did you struggle in your car, as Jonesy and I were playing leap frog with you pretty much all night?
    I know that we both struggled in ours at the dipper and Forrest Elbow.
    Dipper - whenever we went over the dip the car just went left. It didn't matter if I had the brake or throttle on, other nothing at all. Had to wrestle with it all night just to get it to turn right there :(
    Braking into Forrest was made easier with -5 BB, but could only brake in a straight line. Any slight adjustments left or right made the car unstable and wham, WALL!!
    Our strategy was just to take it easy and nurse the car around the track, to avoid costly and unwarranted repairs. It didn't work out the way I wanted it too. Most of the time I got dmg on the out lap, due to the above, twice I had to pit again to repair as the car was undriveable with dmg. Twice I managed only light dmg and could suffer on.
    Even with BoP adjustments and my best lap, I was 4 - 5s off the pace. Most laps were 2.06 or higher.

Sorry for whomever punted me out of Skyline. I had just recovered from a 360 and was still in 4th straightening up and recovering when I got punted. Must have unghosted at the wrong moment.

I also hope that I managed to stay out of the way under blue flags. Getting overtaken by almost the entire field is a little humbling.
    Never shall I drive a MR on Bathurst again. Well, maybe just not the Audi R8 :)
    emmo46, Noremac and Tristan Jones like this.
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

All good. Just un ghosted at the wrong time, you would think the game would have at least done it when you where facing in the right direction.
  5. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    You gave me the heart attack of my life at skyline mate I didnt hit you but but you moved just as I was approaching you and thought you would unghost.
    I'd like to thank @Hatfield for not being able to make it and handing me the title it is as much yours as it Is mine you had that viper pumping. And thank you to @Bryan_F for taking over and running a great series.
    emmo46, REVO_Bryan, Motors560 and 4 others like this.
  6. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Great race last night. Well done to @Noremac on the win and the title. Had some fun with @Motors560 and @apex2691 for a good chunk of the race!
    Motors560 and Apex_64 like this.
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I thought I could might maybe catch you until I realized I should have put all the 20 laps of fuel in on 2nd last stop and then forgot to put RSS tyres on for last 7 lap stint. But I was very happy in a stock car, besides gearbox, with zero practice.
    Thanks to Super ROOZER Bryan for again "strutting" his stuff by keeping the series going. :thumbsup:
    Congrats to Norm on the win, and XLXY for silver, and Hat I think you may have been robbed, check your pockets.
    Tristan Jones, emmo46 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you can't rob a 100% win rate in all races started... and never once from pole ;)
  9. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Congratulations to @Noremac and SLAPMAC for winning the RaceOnOz Endurance Championship!

Thanks to everyone for making this series a success. A special shout-out to @emmo46 for his superb work on the championship tables. :thumbsup:

@Mezign told me he expected this to fizzle out after the first round; I'm glad we proved him wrong! The grid size stayed healthy, and in the last race 14 drivers finished, the most I've ever seen in an endurance race! Well done to all that made it to the end.

When I "inherited" this series from Mez, I underestimated the amount of admin work required to get this series running throughout the whole year (last-minute scheduling changes didn't help). It was a steep learning curve, for sure, but very rewarding in the end. It was a balancing act of staying true to Mez's vision and making adjustments to improve the racing. Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback and support with this event.

I feel that it's time to bring a close to this series and let the WET take center stage next year. (I'm sure @JonoStan96 will do a better job than I did this season). For me the focus will be to make the unique TCR format bigger and better for next year. So stay tuned!
    Motors560, Hatfield, xlxy90 and 7 others like this.
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Awesome work over the season keeping this together mate. TCR has become a staple mate in Rooz for me and I can't wait to see what you do with it :thumbsup:
    Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  11. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I may have only joined late. But the hard work that @Bryan_F and @emmo46 show is easy to see. I really appreciate what you guys do and to anyone else that organise and help run these events. Thanks to everyone else for the clean racing!
    REVO_Bryan and emmo46 like this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  13. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Had a fun but frustrating race
    The battle at the start of the race with @xlxy90 @Ozglenn and @apex2691 was a lot of fun going into the first pitstop. Soon after that i past Xlxy on the outside of the chase for second and on the next lap coming into Griffin's Bend he'd fight back only for him to put his left hand side wheels on the grass in the braking zone which ended up with him making contact with me which put me in the tyres (No hard feelings mate) Also have never raced with heavy damage before so i just presumed it would go away after a little while but once i realised that wasn't going to happen i had to pit again.

Had two more incidents similar to that one running maybe a quarter of a tyre wide at skyline which turned my car hard left into the concrete and making a complete mockery of the esses on a purple lap. Regardless for the final 30 laps or so it felt like i was in time trail mode which gets a little boring after a while.

Don't get me wrong i'm thrilled to have won the teams title but it felt a little lacklustre on the night. @JonoStan96 disconnecting early ended the chance for the Stewards team and both of the Lucky's Lawn Care Mclarens were nowhere the whole race. Speaking of that some of the cars in the race looked like a complete handful compared to others. The McLarens and Audis in particular looked horrible handling wise. I followed @Knuckles in the esses coming up to lap him and i think a spider on a ice skating rink had more grip than that McLaren. It's something Jono should look into for his W.E.T series because i can imagine for those guys they probably didn't enjoy the race as much as the guys in Porsche's, Mercedes and Aston's who were miles faster.

Have to thank @Mezign for starting the series and @Bryan_F for finishing it off. Overall it was a great series and one i enjoy racing in. @Noremac and @VARDZ it's been great working with you guys and congrats @Noremac on the drivers title. Also well done for the guys on the podium.

Really looking forward to 2019 with Jono's WET series and Bryan's TCR series in the works alongside a part time commitment to Sunday League. See you guys next year
  14. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I had a look back over that incident on the replay and there wasn't much more that could have been done on my end. I was quite annoying as I assume you were too as we were having one hell of a fight for 14 laps! Just kind of ran out of space right on the braking marker and it only took half a wheel to kick me out and in to your rear end..
    Motors560 likes this.
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Was rather rubbish. Just kept going around didnt get to race with anyone the entire race. We just made up.the numbers. Good times
    Motors560 likes this.