anyone got an E92 M3?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fezza, Dec 12, 2018.

1. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I've recently developed an itch to get one so was wondering if anyone here has got one and can comment on their experiences with it.

thanks!
    KoAStR likes this.
  2. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Seriously expensive to maintain :)
  3. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    how so? keep in mind I do my own oil changes and regular service on a 4yr old Audi and 11yr old VW
  4. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    M BMWs are like RS Audis and AMG Mercs - everything costs more and wears out a lot quicker. If you can work on them yourself it would help but I don't know how much you could do without still needing to take it to BMW or at least somebody with the software etc. I used to sell different Euro brands and from memory the major service on the E46 M3 was around $4000. E92 was a touch cheaper but not a whole lot.
    Working on it yourself will definitely help.
    A little off topic but just watch if you ever need a clutch and order one from Amazon ;)
    https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/05/07/...-and-amazon-sends-you-a-30000-f1-race-clutch/
  5. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    yeah with recent high performance cars you can't do much without software, but luckily I'm knowledgable on that front as well. I use vagcom/vcds for my Audi/VW, and I've researched there's something similar for BMW as well.
    Woody likes this.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Try digitalkaos for 'borrowed' software for cars guys. The most expensive thing by far other than software is labour so if you can handle that yourself fezza I say go for it. Just try and get something on a reasonable milage and check for signs of the odometer being tampered with (expensive German cars are rife with this stuff)
    Woody likes this.
  7. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Woody likes this.
  8. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    thanks for that. yeah the one I got my eye on has only done 47K (mostly sits in the garage) so feels like the right one.
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Look for excessive wear on the pedals, wheel and gearstick. 47k shouldn't show much at all.

Also check it's service schedule, is there a ridiculously overpriced service that you can't handle yourself coming up?