ACC Assetto Corsa Competizione - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Beau_Albert, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

interesting that I couldn't get the temp up with the normal tires and the wets got hot easily
  2. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I could not change setup in VR.....
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think that amount of rain and warm temps makes it not ideal on either compound. Wets overheat and slicks not quite to temp, the surface didnt look too wet with only a few puddles but also no real drying line while I was in. It would be close to the crossover point as it wouldnt take much more water to really struggle on slicks but a long run on wets would probably murder them.

Also I assume mp rain is dynamic so it may have been a bit dryer when I was in which helped slicks for me.
  4. Rolz

you can change between pre-set setups, but cannot modify and save as unfortunately
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Is the vr setup issue due to no mouse control with VR? Can you not use a gamepad mapped to ui controls? In the server I just used presets but needed pretty big pressure changes to make either compoubd work. Maybe better to set Rooz server for dry running where the default presets work better as many guys here use VR.

Its strange they left such a key part out but then when they said first mp build is basic they werent kidding lol. So if VR is also at basic level it will surely improve by release and through EA.
  6. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I have a G920 and use the gamepad on it to navigate. However I can't get it to select the right setup.
    Could just be me being a noob.
  7. Rolz

in vr the menu part where you should be able to type a new name is not available... no amount of navigation is possible in vr...
    use the same controller movements in non-vr let’s u navigate to the location and type new file names
    I have the same issue with the latest build where I can select the search mp server, but again can’t type.

really stupid bugs
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

In the setup screen you need to click any of the 3 default setups, Safe, Aggressive or Wet if you don't click any I think safe is loaded. To modify the setup you need to click current setup and make changes here, there is no need to save after making changes but obviously all changes are lost once you leave a session so you need to save and load if you want to go back to what you last used. If you cant type a file name then you cant save but it should be possible to adjust the current setup in use unless the current option doesn't work in vr either which is also likely.

Even this save section is a bit odd UI wise as it has separate tabs for Load/Save/delete with the save tab active when you first enter it. Many times I have overwritten my saved setup by mistake when wanting to load it when this would surely be easier to just have a single window with a separate button for load/save/delete not the odd tab system it uses atm.
  9. Rolz

you can mod defaults but not save in vr
  10. Rolz

ok restarted server, set track to Misano and no rain... I really need to get some practice on this track, same as Paul Ricard :p
    I've set time of day to AEST and practice session *should* run for 2 days before restarting.
    I noticed that player times only stay up for 15min (I think) so I've set this to display for the length of the practice session (I think) :D
    marty likes this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Cool will jump on tonight for some laps, is it possible to start with a not fully green track? I hope we get something like the AC server manager as editing the text file with mostly guessing what each function does is far from ideal.

Have you tested the ping limit function at all, there are only 3 Aussie servers I see in my list so the Euros may be better to stick to their hundreds or more as most have no clue what ping is. :oops:
  12. Rolz

I've set maxPing to 250 (default is 300)
    default grip is 0.9599999785423279 have changed to 0.92
    see how that goes

Working from home so will do a quick check after lunch :ninja:
  13. Rolz

did a quick test and all ok... will be interesting to see if u can see my (slow) times when u jump on later on @marty :thumbsup:
    marty likes this.
  14. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

For some reason @marty you kept disappearing from my rear view mirror....wonder if I turned the mirror setting down too much haha but yeah I wouldn't be able to see you for ages then you'd appear briefly before disappearing again o_O
  15. Rolz

that’s a view setting... will check exactly which one when I’m on next, but it sure is off putting.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was my attempt at a sneak attack maybe :D but the mirrors aren't great atm and I have them at epic so cant imagine how much worse they would be at a lower setting.
    Rolz and jlynn777 like this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have been playing around with some server settings, currently I have it starting with a pretty wet track at 80 but no rain. Time of day is set to 24x so should get a 24hr cycle in 1 hour. However I did notice a bit of an issue at least on my setting with auto exposure making it nearly impossible to see when a car is following closely at night. The windscreen gets pretty much blacked out which is far from ideal as in this video which I just posted as an issue in the official thread to hopefully get that fixed.

Notice the difference when I am behind compared to when I am ahead with the other guy closely behind. :oops: Its ok at the 3 minute mark, but then when I am ahead like 4:00 I cant see anything out the windscreen. Again after that I went behind and followed and back ahead a5 6:20 and I may as well turn off my monitor lol.

Also in this session just before dark it looked like it dried up a bit and I tried a couple laps on slicks, well what I thought was dry was not really and even though slicks were driveable they were way too cold and a lot slower then the wets. At the end of the session a bit of a line was starting to show but seeing how much spray was coming of the other car this was still just less wet not really dry.
    Rolz and jlynn777 like this.
  18. Rolz

wow it’s like u turned off ur lights it was so bad lol
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    @Beau_Albert I see your name at the top of the leader board for the 30 minute challenge at the Hungaroring, I see you there :ninja:.
    The only one to finish under 30 minutes also!
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I had another go at that managed to go under 30 too but just a bit slower then @Beau_Albert plus a time penalty :mad:. The hotstints are really quite fun and even though we have mp racing its a long way off so these hotstints are probably the best racing atm. Would be good to get running splits against the field or at least your PB to see how your sitting during the race.

Where is @andyo450 Im sure he will be able to sit on 1:42 pace the full stint. :alien:
    Rolz, Spidey_11 and jlynn777 like this.