ACC Assetto Corsa Competizione - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Beau_Albert, Sep 14, 2018.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Gave it another run after learning the track a bit better watching this video. Quite handy and I managed to get down to this pace in hotlap with pretty much default safe setup to 1:43.1 and can see another .5 or more in that with minor tweaks and a better lap.

Just a bit of a change in TC, ABS and pressures, this setup is pretty nice over the curbs and lets me run the exact same line and gearing as in that video. Its a bit sloppy on change of direction so will try tweak that a bit, shame MP still kind of sucks and we cant set ping limits on server yet. Fingers crossed next build will be much better in MP.

2. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

So happy there's a proper version of the Hungaroring! Not sure what you guys think but it's one of my favourites (think I've mentioned that more than once :p). Feels like a high speed go kart track with lots of different lines to try.
    Without the apps, I'm really struggling to know what to change on the car for setups. Seems unless your quick regardless of the setup *cough - andy *cough - beau *cough - marty *cough - rolz *cough - etc, you need to do a tonne of laps to figure it out. I'm sure they'll eventually let you see all the telemetry but I just hope you can use something simple like camber extravaganza to figure something out on the fly. The qual to race menu/process needs some work too....or even knowing what your qual time was in the car lol.
    Would love to see andy vs beau. I know first hand what andy is capable of but I've heard on my multi-platform group chat that Beau is another alien :alien:
    Currently got myself within the top 300 for the hotlap after a bit of prac with an untidy lap - if I can squeeze into the 100 I'll be stoked :)
    Also what's my ping like?
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

gave that 30min hotstint a go and it's pretty full on... I was just a pool of sweat by the end... and I don't think I blinked!! :)
    Super cool to see 2 ROOZ guys in the top 10... @andyo450 where for art thou :p
    Happy with 12th (30:11.4) only using the safe setup... embarrassingly I forgot to even go in to look at the setup until afterwards d'oh!
    Spidey_11, jlynn777 and marty like this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

When I saw you in your ping was 170-200 so have you moved to Asia or the US. :D

Youd also think it would be a good thing to show your own ping when in a server.

Would you guys rather have a long practice session for the server, seeing races are mostly broken in the current build. I dont think we can have any changeable conditions yet but can speed up time, add some water or rain.
    Spidey_11 and jlynn777 like this.
  5. Rolz

+1 long practice... need more time on Paul Ricard for sure!
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will try set it as long qual and just a shorter race to end it, with just practice it seemed the server always restarted itself if empty even if set for 24hrs so times werent kept for even the day. Will try a 48hr qualy set to current time aest. This should show if session is staying up. Can change up track every couple days starting with Ricard as there is no rotation available yet.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Rolz likes this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have set the server up with what should be a 48 hour qualy session, I have set time of day opposite to us here so at our afternoon and night time should be daytime and any Euros that jump on during our daytime should get the night session.

I tried some variability in weather and track conditions though they didn't work last time I tried, hopefully session times stay in the server for the full 48 hours at which point it will be changed up to another track.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Spidey_11, Peter Wise and Rolz like this.
  8. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Thanks Marty, Ill give it a go tonight.
  9. Rolz

@Bogor and I gave it a bit of a run last night and times stayed up... was at 23hrs left to go so will check at lunch if it’s still going with times showing
    marty likes this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will jump on too, I wasn't able to get online last night at all so not sure if it kept running the same session or has restarted itself, if the in game time matches AEST then it would mean it ran the full 48hrs. This hopefully also keeps times up for everyone that ran some laps but it didn't do this in build 3 so who knows. :rolleyes:
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was there still a time up from me? I did just a couple laps after putting it up. The timer started at 24hrs as maybe it cant display longer or possibly 24 is the limit.
  12. Rolz

no didn't see anything... :(
    but interestingly another *bug/feature* we've noticed (I'm pretty sure @Bogor had this too) is that if you put down a good time in a car, then change cars and try again you don't get deltas or time registered on screen (it works in menu timetable)... Deltas or time on screen only starts to show if you beat ur previous best time in the other car...
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seems the server keeps on running as the actual ingame time matches the real time here pretty much, but it doesn't save the session times and every time I have joined it says 24hrs remaining so it looks like current build has short term memory only too lol.
    Rolz likes this.
  14. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Thanks for the nice words guys!! :inlove:
    Would love to try out some Setups for the Hotlap Challenge!! I'm on a 43.7 but on completely Default as i haven't really bothered to put much effort into ACC at the moment. Plus with a set i'd love to try and re-take the HotStint World Record as a few others have beaten me since. It was fun having a 100 Pace Rating for a little while there!
    Those events are my favourite by a mile though; really considers more factors like tyre saving; dealing with tyre temps more through a stint and playing a little nicer with Track Limits.

Once iRacing commitments settle down though; i can't WAIT to dig more into this game. Loving how it's progressing at the moment :D
    Spidey_11, marty and Rolz like this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Should be some fun once this is released, I see where it is heading and looks promising even if its pretty rough in many areas atm.

Setup wise for Hungary I found both defaults pretty decent, and ended up basing it off the safe rather then aggressive with just very minor changes. My hotlap best is I think 1:43.1 and the hot stint 29.49 but I enjoy the hotstint more and will give it another crack some time to try get that extra lap in.

I tried the Ferrari at Paul Ricard and the defaults there are horrible there so maybe its actual base default and will be updated later but Hungary the defaults should be capable of sub 1:43.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  16. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Had some problems trying to see the full list of servers in VR (WMR) - The list is too far from VR view to see which server is ROZ... its funny, but its not at the same time.
  17. Rolz

hey mate, try this as ur settings in the "vrSettings.json" file

{
    "mainMenuLayerDistance": 100,
    "mainMenuLayerSize": 160,
    "mainMenuLayerType": 1,
    "raceMenuLayerDistance": 42,
    "raceMenuLayerSize": 45,
    "raceMenuLayerType": 1,
    "hUDLayerDistance": 17,
    "hUDLayerSize": 27,
    "hUDLayerType": 1,
    "spectatorScreenMode": 5
    }
  18. Rolz

Good lap to watch a real GT3 driver take his virtual Lambo around Paul Ricard :)
    Bogor, KoAStR and Spidey_11 like this.
  19. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice thanks Rolz. I need to find the time to give this another go and finally have an extended session. Haven't tried the last build or two, but it's looking good. :)
  20. Rolz

it's certainly well worth revisiting now @KoAStR would be good to see ur name up the list in the Hot lap/stint challenges! :D
    Spidey_11 likes this.