Poll for Season 6 PS4 Sunday Night Car

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Woody, Jan 3, 2019.

?

Select up to 2 options only

Poll closed Jan 10, 2019.
  1. Ginetta G40 GT5

12.5%
  2. Ginetta G57 Track Day

16.7%
  3. Ginetta GT3

33.3%
  4. Formula Renault 3.5

58.3%
  5. Porsche 911 GT3 RS

16.7%
  6. Dallara Road Course Indy Car

16.7%
  7. Renault Megane Trophy V6

25.0%
  8. Ferrari GTE 488

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Pick your top 2 options remembering the following
    • Happy to race every week for the whole season and not get sick of
    • Good option for people of all skill levels
    • Repercussions of contact with other cars
    • PC2 is a different game to PC1 and GT variants so cars will behave very differently to what have been raced previously :)
    • Allow for close and competitive racing
    if 7 days isn’t enough I’m happy to change to 10

The cars in the poll have been tested by a few different people and all behave well on default setups so far
    nigegunz likes this.
  2. googe00

googe00 Rookie

PSN ID
    googe00
    Do we have a start date yet? im out of town for 3 weeks and dont want to miss qualifying or season start.

J
  3. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    It'll be Feb start dude
  4. googe00

googe00 Rookie

PSN ID
    googe00
    Perfect time, will qualifying be in Feb also?
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

more than likely googe. guys'll be getting back on later this month, it seems pretty quiet around here right now which is to be expected. tuesday night's with v8power hosting is the standard pcars2 prac session each week where we try cars out & how they race
    Woody likes this.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I'll be happy in either the GT3 Ginetta or the FR3.5
  7. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Don’t forget to vote at the top of the thread @beakeroo
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Already did before posting.

I tried the Porsche GT3 a couple of nights back and thought it was horrible, sounds and handling were so very average.
  9. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    No worries. This is the first poll I’ve posted so I just realised the votes that had been placed didn’t show up automatically :)

Keen to see how things progress!
    George likes this.
  10. googe00

googe00 Rookie

PSN ID
    googe00
    Woohoo its a close race, single seater could be the winner!;)
    nigegunz likes this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys.
    hope everyone had a great xmas and new year, and you are enjoying a bit of a break.

Appreciate the interest and getting on the front foot here.
    I had an absolutely manic end to the year and needed a break, was more than burnt out !

Will be back online at the end of next week after i get back from newcastle, and will look closely at how this poll goes and what car we run with.
    We have done polls in the past, and ultimately you still cant keep everyone happy even after picking the "winner"
    We will narrow it down to the top 2 or 3 cars and then Ads and i will make a call on what we think will give the best series car for the range of drivers we have.
    The track list will be selected around the car we run with, and for the newbies, we will announce the track list at the meet and greet.
    Will catch you online in a week or so.
    Cheers stu.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Finally got the cobwebs off the rig last night and had a run with the lads @v8power383 @its-benny-racer @truss1984 @Bounty05 and a lot others.....
    Tried the Formula Renault and was a good thing, HOWEVER we will do some more racing it over the next week or so before we make a call on the car.

The Ginetta's were all good, i think we ran a LMP and a couple of the GT cars and with the right settings would be good fun.

Will be online again tonight to do some more running...i will say this though....When we pick the car, we try to think ahead at how many people will still be on the grid by round 4 ! Will the Renault be a car that people hate by round 3 or 4 ??
    i dont know !! I think its a good thing, its grippy, fast, something different. After last season, in a car that i though gave the best 'racing' in a season i can remember, we still struggled to keep up numbers for all the rounds.
    So at this stage, i think we have the following...
    1. Renault 3.5 open wheeler
    2. Ginetta GT3
    3. Renault Trophy V6
    4. BMW Gp. A
    I think from these 4 we have the next 2 seasons.....so will run them tonight and add in any others that people think we should run....Would be great to have a big grid from all divs to see how they feel
    Stu
    Spidey_11 and beakeroo like this.
  13. Josh

Josh Rookie Gold Member

Personally I think the formula Renault would be sensational
    BMW was great racing as a new member doing my first raceonoz season I thought the BMW produced the best sim racing IV had, and l'm only a mid pack division 3 racer
    That being said I think some people are like if it's not gripped up, high downforce, fast they aren't interested
    So maybe the formula Renault tends towards those things
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The open Renault 3.5 last night, in a big grid was a nightmare....terrible in dirty air, couldnt race close at all and i can see the grid being almost empty by round 3 ! Was fun for 5 minutes, but then it really became hard work and i dont think it would work as a season car with no tuning.
    Will be on again tonight for more testing..... The V6 Renault was pretty good,
    Racepace likes this.