PCARS-2 RTEC 2019 {COMPLETED}

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by nigegunz, Jan 6, 2019.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    If we're doing that one car per team rule I'm more than happy to run the AMG also.
  2. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Sorry didn’t know we had to use the same car I’ve only tried 2 cars but happy with the merc it’s fast with minimal tuning
    beakeroo likes this.
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I don't think anything is locked in yet?
  4. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

not until the first race, then the choice for each driver stands for the whole season
    Spidey_11 and Woody like this.
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

some cars respond to minimal tuning & others require some serious work, 15 cars in gt3 to find the one that suits best
    there was some really good racing comparison last night of the various strengths & weaknesses
    testing at as many of the tracks as possible will be important
    Woody likes this.
  6. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Not correct.
    Each team must have 1 car in each class. Beyond that your team can choose 3 different gt3 cars or 3 the same. Same goes with lmp900's.
  7. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I'm home now if anyone is running any test sessions
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  8. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Why not just run the GT3s because at this point I think there is only 2 people keen on them
  9. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    What?
    Are you saying drop the LMP class? The multi-class aspect is one of the biggest things about this series. Did I misunderstand?
    Woody and Telum like this.
  10. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

If there’s only 2 people keen to drive the lmp cars it’ll be kinda pointless, I’m all for a gt3 endurance series.
  11. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    It might be worth looking at maybe enforcing two cars on each class then. If not then there is almost certainly only going to be the min of 4 Lmp900s running against the GT3s.
    I was keen to drop back to the slower class this year after running with the Lmp2s last year, but if i have to run the 900 to make the team numbers work the i will. Just means ill have little time to test and tune a car, and i dont want to just run the R8 like everyone seems to be doing, makes the whole open class thing a bit pointless if there is just the one car being used.
  12. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

if we are considering the enforcement of 2 cars from each class for each team, then I would suggest we allow drivers to move between the cars for each race if desired so we can allow guys to run in cars they really want to drive. this would also mirror reality, where the teams can put what drivers they want into each car
    Woody and beakeroo like this.
  13. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

conjecture at best. ive got 2 people in my team who want to run the lmp
  14. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Hang on a sec, let's talk this through.
    It's early days so I'm expecting that not everyone is telling the world about what class they are going to be in let alone what car. I'm certainly keeping that secret till race day.
    I don't believe forcing 2 lmps per team should be implemented. It should be up to the team to fill out their cars, and if a team chooses to have 3 gt3 cars and 1 lmp then they are cutting off the potential points of the other car class.
    If you want to maximise points for your TEAM then it's best to have a good mix of car class. I like this aspect because it should force your team members to discuss who is in what car class.

I'm 100% keen to keep the two classes and have the great racing we had last season.
    There will be 2 GT3s and 2 LMP900's in Team FCR to maximise points.
    Racepace, Bounty05 and Woody like this.
  15. its-benny-racer

Last season we ended up with 2 or 3 guys racing in the LMP in some races which certainly didn't make for competitive racing.

If your team doesn't run 2 of each class, you're not only reducing the potential points for your team, but you're also increasing the points for the teams that do run 2 of each.

As it stands with the team I am in, I will most likely run the LMP900 as it is probably the best way for me to help the team.
  16. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Which races had only 2-3 LMP2 cars in it? You can't count disconnects or Nords.
    Fuji had 6, Daytona 7, Le Mans 7, monza 4, spa 7, Silverstone 7, Bathurst 6.
    Woody likes this.
  17. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

24hr race at Dubai happening now...

Woody and Spidey_11 like this.
  18. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

19. its-benny-racer

Keen to get some more testing in, I was on testing some LMPs last night but nobody joined. So far I have at least some kind of tune going on the 911, Lambo and 650S in GT3 as well as the BMW and Toyota LMPs. Hoping to get at least something going for all of the cars by next weekend.
    Spidey_11 and Woody like this.
  20. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Would placing a restriction on the number of a single car allowed be worth looking at say half the field is lmp and GT3, that makes 8 cars in each class. So once a single car is selected by half the field it becomes unavailable? This would possibly eliminate a class made up almost entirely of a single car. More likely to happen in lmp I know but could make for a more diverse grid across the board.

Just a thought.