GT Sport New Format Test Season Division 1-3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 28, 2018.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    +1 for tyre wear
  2. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

And I thought it was just me that does this!
    Noxrai likes this.
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I’d prefer to play with one variable at a time. Maybe play with wear and fuel this round, then compounds next round.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    tyre wear rate and fuel burn rate is two variables @Bryan_F
    Crunch and Noxrai like this.
  5. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    So angry at myself. I'll leave it at that.

Also, next week please let Bryan host from the outset.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    never had that issue between those 2 before. But sure @Bryan_F can host first next week unless I have a room up prior. If this issue does occur again though, we can just change host straight away :)

I wasn't confident going into tonight and that didn't change but I somehow found myself trying to keep up with @Viperzed in 4th place. Luckily for me he made my job easy and binned it so now he was chasing me.

The gap see-sawed and on the final lap it was 0.6 but he couldn't get it done and in the end it was 0.1 across the line!
    Buster_Danis and Noxrai like this.
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Room 2 Race 2
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
  10. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

As you can tell, my night went well. One to forget haha
    Noxrai, Buster_Danis and Matthyus like this.
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well that race went a lot different to what I thought was going to happen.
    Qualled 3rd last as expected, which I thought was going to set the tempo for the race.
    Had a good start and took Buster, but he retook me a few corners later.
    Kept it together and several others binned it very early on, elevating me up.
    Had a brief battle with Jonesy, until he binned it.
    I was now 5th, in a pack with Ursine, Buster and tfeccles. This pack of 4 started to pull away from the rest, while still maintaining close racing for a lot of laps. TF binned it several laps later, much to his chagrin.
    Buster and Ursine were in a battle for 2nd and 3rd and I was right on their tails.
    Buster finally got past, using an outside pass on the final corner. Gutsy pass!!
    For the last 13 laps, Ursine and I were in a see sawing battle for 3rd. I got REAL close several times, but very minor line issues prevented me from making any challenge for 3rd.
    Kudos to @NAACS for the win, by a country mile.
    Well done to @Buster_Danis and @UrsineSaturn9 on your podium finishes.
    Interesting to see the FL times all in the 1.37 range, bar 1 :)
    Managed my fastest lap on the last lap, yet again!!
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Gutted. Made a dodgy start and was following @xlxy90 looking to jump onto the podium when a sausage kerb killed me going onto the back straight, pushed me onto the grass and just spun me out losing a cool 10 seconds. @Hatfield got me when I spun but clawed the gap back with only a few laps to go, setting my FL on the second last lap but rather than make a move and screw the pooch from too far back I decided to hold onto 5th by only a tenth of a second. Standings should be close now so looking forward to next week!
    Noxrai likes this.
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    what happened there?
    2nd to last?
  14. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    School of Hard Nox Race Report
    Well I was not expecting that result at all. I put in a stupid fast pb in qualifying with a 36.2 nabbing me 4th on the grid. I thought i would just slowly go down the order as the race progressed. Had a clean start (no upside down wheel this time :rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh:) and just decided to try and keep my whiskers as clean as i could.
    @xlxy90 had a hairy moment touching the big ol salami out of the chicane. He somehow managed to hold it (watch the replay, he was seriously sideways) which promoted me up to 3rd.
    @Viperzed had a great run out of the chicane and i had to go on the defense into the hairpin. Holding my position, knowing he was inches from me. He then had a fantastic run going into the four corner apex. We went in side by side! I managed to hold it around the outside just managing to keep my car on the road. @Viperzed relented (thanks for the amazing respect!) and i had a little breathing room to focus.
    It was @Crunch i wanted to keep in contact with. Maybe he could pull me along. Id be super happy with a 3rd. Then a horror mistake from crunch on the 3rd lap (i believe) spun him around. What the hell am i supposed to do now? Im in 2nd? No way im catching @KeedenMcdonald .

Looks like its my race to choke now. Lets try and keep the mistakes to a minimum i thought to myself. This could be a shock 2nd place. Lap by lap @xlxy90 gained on me bit by bit. Then a little mistake from him would give me 0.2 - 0.5 of a second breathing space. Then he mount another attack. It was unbelievable pressure. He had the pace over me. I just had to keep my mistakes as low as possible. A couple laps to go and he had grinded the gap down to 0.5. This race was gonig to get spicey! I put my head down, he's still gotta get a good run on me first. He was on my tail. So close. Heart pounding. Then the final lap had finally arrived. @xlxy90 makes a mistake going into the first chicane? Im now a clean 2 seconds in front. Wow!
    Crossing the finishing line in 2nd. What a thrill and a relief. I'm blown away with this result.

Congrats to @KeedenMcdonald for a flawless victory (you were even playing with us, you dog :p:p) and to @xlxy90 for a great 3rd place and keeping me honest. Thanks again to @Bryan_F for hosting and @Hatfield for organizng.
  15. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Spun on the very first lap, and everything just went down hill from there. Due to some things going on I moved the ps4 outside on the back deck, so I’m going to put it down to my gaming ‘setting’ haha.
    Plus due to the glare that developed after qualifying I stood for the entire race (controller) hahaha
  16. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Once again slow off the mark & fell to 8th from 5th on the grid. A few battles in front of me on the first few laps helped me claw back 4th by lap 4 then I proceeded to throw it at the wall being to aggressive into turn 3 & I was back to 8th again:( I put my head down and scrambled back while benefiting from others scraps and managed a couple of decent passes also to end up 2nd. Very lucky the gents behind continued to fight each other which was my saviour, as I actually lost a bit of pace by then.
    Congrats to @NAACS who sailed off into the distance for an impressive win. Cheers again @Matthyus for hosting. I know you probably won’t get time for your awesome highlights reels as you’re a busy stats man now. (hint hint);):laugh:
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Great race @Matthyus, I think I left you just enough space on the last turn of lap 14. Very close!
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    @Buster_Danis great overtake around the outside of last two corners. 2nd place well deserved after coming back from 8th. [​IMG]
  19. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

I left just enough room I hope? + I put all my faith in your abilities as a competent and fair driver so kudos for that!
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll see. Back at work tomorrow. But I'll do the stats at work. Midgets are away this week so I might get time to do something.
    Buster_Danis likes this.