ACC Assetto Corsa Competizione - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Beau_Albert, Sep 14, 2018.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks mate look forward to mixing it up but not too hopeful that rally skills are going to translate well into GT3 cars without a bit of a learning curve!
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I'm embarrassed to ask, but can someone point me to the official car listing for ACC?
    I did find an unofficial one, but that was a bit wrong because it had no mention of the Jag or the Honda in it.
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Acura Honda NSX GT3; Aston Martin Vantage GT3; Audi R8 LMS (2015); Bentley Continental GT3 (2014); Bentley Continental GT3 (2018); BMW M6 GT3; Emil Frey Jaguar G3; Ferrari 488 GT3; Lamborghini Gallardo G3 Reiter; Lamborghini Hurucan GT3; Lexus RC F GT3; Mclaren 650S GT3; Mercedes-AMG GT3; Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 (2018); Porsche 911 GT3 R

It will also have the Aston Martin V8 Vantage (2019); Mclaren 720-S GT3 (2019); Lamborghini Hurucan GT3 EVO and the 2019 Audi R8 LMS GT3 available as an update for the 2019 Season soon after Full Release :)
    andyo450, Spidey_11, jlynn777 and 2 others like this.
  4. Rolz

Cheers mate! Exciting stuff!
    Have Thursday morning free to get ROOZ servers updated and hopefully a race is properly possible this time!! :D
    Spidey_11 and Beau_Albert like this.
  5. Rolz

ROOZ server is up with a 10min qual and a 15min race
    though atm u need to manually search for it as at this point a few ppl (me inc) the server refresh part isn't working.
    andyo450, Spidey_11 and Bogor like this.
  6. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Track limits are a bit ridiculous. I know the blancpain series are pretty lenient on it as well but the amount of cutting allowed at Zolder is just silly. At the second chicane you can go all four wheels (maybe a slight exaggeration) over the inside kerb which is about a cars width anyway.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Spidey_11 and Rolz like this.
  7. Rolz

Yeah noticed that as well... was a few times I naturally grimaced about being too wide and looked up and wasn't pinged... o_O
    That first chicane is just evil... there is a sweet entry spot with it, but I've only gotten it once and I was almost a second up with my delta... sadly cocked up another spot in the track and lost it all again... lol always the way :roflmao:
    andyo450 and Spidey_11 like this.
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I tried multiplayer last night but the server list wasn't coming up for me at all. Anyone else have the same problem with no room / servers showing up? I just got error messages
  9. andyo450

Yea i had that too, it came up if you searched for it though. It was working for me earlier today though so it must’ve been fixed in the hotfix.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  10. Rolz

yeah apparently fixed... was a person hosting a server who had a dodgy config setup that caused the issue lol
    still manual searching for RaceOnOz gets u our server :thumbsup:
  11. andyo450

Heres a vid featuring some track cutting. This lap was valid in the hotlap competition. The witches hats mark the track limits in both chicanes but the car bounces so badly in the first one that it makes cutting it a bit of a bad idea.

I saw a vid of Laurens Vanthoor's 2015 pole lap after this though and came to the conclusion that ACCs track limits are probably not too bad.:D
    Rolz likes this.
  12. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    @Rolz Is the RaceOnOz server still up. I keep getting no servers found when i search for it
  13. Rolz

it was last night, but will check when I get home tonight :thumbsup:
    Peter Wise likes this.
  14. Rolz

Restarted it, let me know!
    I can’t test as Friday night is wife night and if I’m even seen close to the rig my arse is grass :laugh:
    Bogor, jasondull1986 and Peter Wise like this.
  15. Rolz

Build 6 released! ROOZ Server updated
    Massive Change log :inlove:

Changelog v0.6.0
    - Added Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2018 model year.
    - Added Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2015 model year.
    - Added Monza Circuit.
    - Driving (F1) cameras reworked: added two more driving cameras (dash pro - with car hidden intended for built cockpits - and far chase), game now remembers last used camera and added option to lock/hide driver and steering wheel per car. Lateral camera adjustment now also exposed in the View Settings.
    - Camera movement settings now stored in Config/CameraSettings.jon, the old CameraOptionsEA.json is deprecated. General Movement adjusts movements in cockpit camera, Dashcam Factor adjust how much of that movement is transferred to the dash and bonnet cameras.
    IMPORTANT: old camera settings will be lost.
    - Look L/R now works correctly in helmet camera. Look L/R looks to the side mirrors.
    - TV onboard (F6) cameras added for available cars.
    - Free (F7) camera now available with Cinema HUD (open with mouse scroll button).
    NOTE: this is NOT a full-feature camera mode, but allows players to enjoy visuals to a greater degree and take screenshots.
    - Rewrite of multiplayer/gameplay code to improve stability and session progression.
    - Ingame menus restructured and divided into Garage and Pause menu.
    - Ingame HUD reorganised and added session status widget.
    - New Radar widget added to HUD based on the popular app for the original Assetto Corsa.
    - Updated configuration for dedicated servers, see https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...server-configuration-for-server-admins.54830/
    - Introducing dynamic weather: (potentially) available on official Kunos Practice servers only until relevant game and UI features are added.
    - Multiplayer sessions now emulate race weekends: rubber, dry line (general: weather and track status) represent the situation based on race day and time of day.
    - UI and video settings are now stored in text files (...Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\menuSettings.json).
    IMPORTANT: your previous menu, graphical and game settings will be lost.
    - Added advanced video settings, including mirror resolution, sharpening filter, material quality level, temporal upsampling, volumetric fog, bloom, camera dirt effect and foliage.
    - Default graphics settings adjusted to allow for higher performance without noticeable loss to visual quality.
    - Added session type tags in the UI car selection page to help identify entries eligible in different race types.
    NOTE: In quick race mode, the opponent field is generated based on the player's choice of entry.
    - Added model year tag in the UI car selection to help identify car models in different evo versions.
    - Assist options will now reliably update when changed during a session.
    - Further adjustments to headlight effects in TV cameras.
    - More realistic full formation lap with AI.
    - AI aggressiveness tuning.
    - AI grid generation now takes into account real life driver skill. Quick Race grids are generated with more consistency.
    - Number of opponents increased to track capacity: bigger fields are now possible as a result, the current limit depends on each individual track.
    NOTE: Sprint races (both in race weekend and quick race modes) retain grid size limitation due to the number of available real-life entries.
    - Improved raindrop effects on car windshields.
    - Water spray from opponent cars now affects the player car's windshield in a dynamic way, taking into account distance, speed and track wetness.
    - Automatic wiper assist now reacts to water spray and not just rain.
    - Improvements to the appearance of wet and damp track surfaces, especially in low-wetness ranges, which should improve the perception of track conditions.
    - Improvements to car vs. track surface collisions.
    - Audio channel usage optimization.
    - Reworked and more reliable marshalling system with checkered, yellow, white and blue flags.
    - Added new spotter messages.
    - Added race communication alerts.
    - Losing the server connection (e.g. by a server restart) will now trigger a permanent message.
    - Important race communication alerts are displayed for a longer time.
    - Better highlights overtake detection.
    - Optimized CPU use on all threads.
    - Optimized replay memory usage.
    - Optimized netcode and bandwith usage for Multiplayer servers.
    - Volume and audio settings now affect the intro music.
    - Added video sequences volume.
    - Fixes to various car LODs to reduce pop-in in racing scenarios.
    - Adjusted driver position in the BMW M6 GT3.
    - Adjusted driver steering animations.
    - Adjusted wet tyre shader and added ambient occlusion on tyres.
    - Fixed potentially wrong resolution and crashes when starting the game.
    - Fixed multiple crashes occurring when quitting sessions.
    - Fixed replay time multiplier not resetting on session change.
    - Fixed potentially wrong car location detection.
    - Fixed static car shadow fading out at high speeds.
    - Improved tyre model combined grip.
    - Improved tyre heat model, especially in overheat conditions.
    - Tyre wear is now affected differently by different kerbs, concrete and other surfaces.
    - Tweaks in preset setups for all cars (we highly advise to not use older setups).
    - Improved vertical surfaces aero model.
    - MoTeC Telemetry implementation.
    - Setup Electronics page now includes a slider to select the number of telemetry laps to be saved at the end of a driving session.
    - MoTeC ACC dedicated workspace, created from Blancpain telemetry engineer used for evaluating basic setup and driver performance.
    - Added native DBox SDK support.
    - Added option to enable/disable native Fanatec LEDs.
    - Setup minimum fuel load set at 2 litres for all cars.
    - Fixed Ferrari 488 GT3 wrong fuel visualization in setup screen.
    - Steering ratio tweaks for all cars.
    - Monza BoP A adjustments for all cars.
    - Tweaks in tyres dirt accumulation and grip levels when going on grass and sand.
    - Sand traps now slow the cars down.
    - Fix to unreliable car spawn in certain situations.
    - Flipped cars will automatically spawn in the pits.
    - Severe cutting will result in immediate disqualification in any type of Multiplayer sessions.
    - Ratings: Track Competence (TR) has improved feedback in the UI; you will see all the sectors necessary, so the progress is easy to understand.
    - Ratings: Track Competence (TR) algorithm improved to reduce false positive aborts.
    - Ratings: Consistency (CN) was rewritten during the refactoring; it should work similarly but has improved precision on various aspects.
    - Ratings: Car Control (CC) largely improved algorithm and UI feedback. It is a lot harder to gain higher ratings, unless you are driving very well.
    - Ratings: Car Control (CC) now understands the concept of turning the wheel too much, and give appropriate feedback.
    - NOTE: Pace (PC) and Total (TO) ratings will be improved and adjusted during the days after this version.
    - NOTE: The maximum number of all ratings will be set to 99 (instead of 100).
    - NOTE: ALL RATINGS AND DRIVER PROFILES WILL BE RESET WITH THIS 0.6 RELEASE.
    - Backend servers: improved reconnection stability.
    - Backend servers: fixed multiplayer sessions not registering stats and laptimes in certain situations.
    - Passworded servers can now be created.
    NOTE: passworded servers must be searched for manually in the lobby search field.
    - Single player Sprint Race Weekend mode reworked and now has forced tyre change and driver swap.
    NOTE: Endurance Race Weekend game mode is temporarily disabled until supporting features and UI elements are completed (pit stops and penalties).
    NOTE: Pit stop crew animations are temporarily disabled until full functionality is retained.
    NOTE: The Broadcasting API is temporarily disabled
    Peter Wise likes this.
  16. Rolz

Spidey_11 likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Has MP been improved even though the server is getting high usage? any thoughts on the update so far as I have only taken a small glance at the AC forums. Will it be raceable when I get back later this month do you think?
  18. Rolz

I haven’t had anyone else on track when I was testing it and when I got my high cpu utilisation notification, I killed it until it’s fixed... Didn’t wanna run out of cpu credits and have performance issues for the AC league racing.
    Single is still very good and VR performance has improved, and the GTR is great!
    Did a few races to build rating as it’s been cleared this build.
  19. Rolz

I've got a bit of a hack to keep CPU down... not sure how it'll work with ppl racing, but it' sup and I'm doing some laps...

also set the time multiplier a bit faster to see if we can see day/nigth transitions whilst we race and some rain is about too...

If it's crap I'll kill it again, but reallu want an Aussie ACC server up as there isn't anythign atm...
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  20. Rolz

marty and Bogor like this.