GT Sport New Format Test Season Division 1-3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    2nd best race of close racing I've had.
    Jonesy and I had an epic 19 lap battle 2 seasons ago. I feel I'm getting better at the close racing. Need to work on pace and overtakes.
    Epic race though mate. Def want to race you again! !
  2. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I nearly snuck through there myself.
    Matthyus likes this.
  3. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    That had to have been the most enjoyable close racing I've had so far. Was great fun keeping up with and within the leading pack, I really like this car. I was travelling along in the groove in 3rd place keeping pace with @UrsineSaturn9 and mostly keeping @Matthyus behind as he initially struggled with the three inner corners until a self-induced brain fart had me bin it at turn 9. 3rd to last, blast!!

Got my head down and worked on catching 8th, that happened to be @LennonLegend1993. Managed to pass him (although it was apparent he was having some sort of issue) ans that's where I stayed. Was slowly catching up to @Tristan Jones but ran out of laps and on the 3rd last lap road at turn 9 again.
  4. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I think I had about 15 laps on this track with this car before qualifying. Surprised myself by putting in 3rd on the grid.

That small skid cost me a close race with @Crunch and @Noxrai by making me play catch ups instead of jostling for position. That first chicane cost me 2-3 tenths almost every lap! I think our gap ebbed and flowed by up to 2 seconds either way for the whole race. I'm not sure what more I could have done to catch you in those last 8 laps. I would have loved to have seen your lap times, I imagine they wouldn't have been any more than half a second different most of the way through the race. I was hitting mid 35's then in to the 36's.

Well done on holding your nerve @Noxrai , I was trying to get in your head in those last few laps haha.
    Tristan Jones, Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yep, was a great clean move. I didn't fight it all that hard as I saw you coming back up through the pack and knew you had the pace advantage over me, so thought it would be better for my race to not battle you too much for second place and lose time. It was hard enough holding 3rd as it was!
  6. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Thanks. You definitely were in my head. I had some horror laps in there trying push and extend the gap to you. I think I was hitting consistent 1.36.3 -1.36.7 My only saving grace I think. I did manage to hit a 35.9 once somehow. I'm pretty sure you had quicker lines in the hairpins and would gain on me. I would gain a little in the twisty sector 2. Would have been an amazing battle if you and crunch didn't have those mistakes
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    For your viewing pleasure
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Very pleasurable
  9. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Thanks for including me :) and my 1 highlight spin on lap 1 :)
  10. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Great work as usual @Matthyus. And loved the slow mo on that pass too:thumbsup:
    Matthyus and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  11. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

#NSFW
    Buster_Danis and Matthyus like this.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thankfully he only showed two of my errors, there were two more that had me way back in last place. I enjoyed the chase back to 6th though.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    This is a test of a new qualifying format so ensure to get your times in before Friday night cutoff
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...e-new-format-test-qualifying-times-list.3473/

ROUND 3 :
    Kyoto Yamagiwa - 28 laps - 10:00 Fine - 20/1
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    CAPTAINS/HOSTS will be selected after divisions are finalised sometime on the Saturday (day before raceday).

QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT!

TYRES : Racing Hard.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply. This way we can figure out possible division changes in advance
    T F Eccles, Ozglenn, Matthyus and 3 others like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Kyoto Yamagiwa Division Split
    Daytime 10:00 Fine Weather

Division 1 - 1:38.999 or faster
    1. 1:36.886 @KeedenMcdonald
    2. 1:37.875 @Viperzed (final)
    3. 1:38.136 @lets_party-1611
    4. 1:38.159 @Bryan_F
    5. 1:38.344 @Crunch
    6. 1:38.370 @Ozglenn
    7. 1:38.495 @Noxrai (final)
    8. 1:38.559 @NAACS
    9. 1:38.624 @holdenman05 (final)
    10. 1:38.659 @incey (final)
    11. 1:38.788 @Hatfield (final)
    12. 1:38.857 @LITTLEBLACKO942 (final)
    13. 1:38.895 @pat65 (final)
    14. @JonoStan96 (no time yet)
    15. @xlxy90 (no time yet)
    Division 2 - 1:39:000 or slower
    1. 1:39.116 @LennonLegend1993
    2. 1:39.173 @UrsineSaturn9 (final)
    3. 1:39.521 @emmo46
    4. 1:39.803 @Tristan Jones (final)
    5. 1.39.871 @Buster_Danis
    6. 1:39.886 @T F Eccles (final)
    7. 1:40.770 @DAMN_RIGHT_BOB (final)
    8. 1:41.019 @deedz_aus (final)
    9. 1.41.242 @Matthyus
    10. @CAB77 (no time yet)
    11. @Ian Cannan (no time yet)
    12. @Kartdude45 (no time yet)
    13. @Hihatjoe (no time yet)
    14. @VARDZ (no time yet)
    15. @Se7endan (no time yet)
    16. @robin edwards (no time yet)
    17. @bzerks (no time yet)
    18. @kipztaah (no time)
    Please let me know if you are on the list above but will not be racing so I can adjust rooms as necessary
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  15. kipztaah

kipztaah Rookie

PSN ID
    kipztaah
    I mustve missed the qualification session for this race, ohwell looking forward to the next race and good luck to all
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Qually finished Friday night, but I think you can still race without a qually time. @Hatfield correct me if I'm wrong
  17. kipztaah

kipztaah Rookie

PSN ID
    kipztaah
    Oh true of thats the case thatd be nice but if it is a hassle dont worry about it :) ill just get more practice behind the wheel of the renault
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    @Hatfield is @LITTLEBLACKO942 expected to race in two rooms at the same time? ;-)
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yep
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. kipztaah

kipztaah Rookie

PSN ID
    kipztaah
    If thats the case how do i go about entering this race and what div would i be in since i didnt qually ? @emmo46