Thrustmaster T3PA pedal help

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Jurassic Mark, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I recently purchased some second hand t3pa pro pedals from the marketplace on here.

I’ve finally gotten around to setting them up on my rig, plugged them into my t300, opened GT Sport on the ps4, and low and behold, when I go to race I have absolutely no accelerator. There is some braking, but I’m putting a lot of pressure to get about 1/4 of brake. Is there anything in need to do to fix this? I’m hoping it’s not a case of plugging it into a pc, as I don’t own a Pc.
  2. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Check the cable isn't damaged anywhere and that it is plugged in via the telephone cable style plug
    NAACS likes this.
  3. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    You can have the pedals inverted try holding the mode button down the light changes colour.
    Changes pedal config

This worked for me. Hope it works for you.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  4. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I’ll have a look at the cable for any damage. The plug itself is in a :):):):)ty spot to access, so I guess it’s possible I haven’t bedded it in properly.

I did attempt this, but nothing seemed to happen. I assume if they were inverted it’d mean the clutch would work as the accelerator, right? The clutch wasn’t operating as an accelerator at all. Literally all I could get was about a quarter of full braking.
  5. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Did the throttle start working again when you tried it?
    I am not sure but I think it is the brake and throttle that swaps.
    if the throttle came back its the correct way around.
    I have mine flat on the floor and the light is red.
    if so
    Have you got a conical brake mod in the brake pedal I swapped to a yellow one and only had a small amount of brake
    so I went back to the original black one.
    Hope this helps
  6. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I’ll try it again tomorrow, but at no point did I have an accelerator on any of the pedals. It was just like only the brake pedal was existent. The brake has the black conical mod.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  7. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    You haven't done something like plug the pedals in to the shifter port?
  8. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I had this happen to me on my T300 and T3PA - usually I had a red light, after accidently inverting i had a green light. It just wouldn't allow me to map the accelerator. It was when I installed Dirt rally on my computer - so I mapped clutch as brake and brake as accelerator - was so relieved to finally work it out! (with the help from Rooz guys of course)
  9. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    If all that fails. Maybe the previous owner had opened up the peddles for modding previously. There is a chance they didnt put the brake and accelerator potentiometer gears back in properly.
    Kart-No-1 likes this.
  10. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Is this possible? I plugged in a phone style connector, does the shifter run the same kind of plug?
  11. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, here’s a kicker. Went to all the trouble of installing windows onto the Mac to update the firmware, since playing around with that, my entire wheel won’t even fire up anymore.
  12. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Bloody never trust a Mac
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  13. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I had a scare like that once - i double checked the usb connection to the playstation and it fired up again.
  14. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I think I’d somehow managed to wipe the firmware off the wheel. Turns out there’s a procedure for fixing that. I’ve managed to get the wheel firing up again, no luck with the pedals as of yet though.
  15. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Mate. I’ve got them opened up and I think this is the issue. The gears aren’t aligned in either pedal. I’m getting excited now.
  16. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Yay for big words.

Hope you can sort it though @Jurassic Mark
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Noxrai likes this.