GT Sport Season 6 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I have done 0 laps practice. But it looks like a pretty slick lap!
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  2. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Great lap @Captain_Risky_21 . I'll struggle to hit a lap like that.
    Anyone still want mine? I'll show you how to go slightly slower. Looking at you @LennonLegend1993
  3. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Come down to div 2 for this round :p
    I'd still appreciate yours. Will still be faster than me :)
    Noxrai likes this.
  4. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Well if the people want it. The people's shall get it
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I'm half and half on the second line. On one hand yeah, it appears a win is within the grasp of half the division, and I agree with that hopeful sentiment because it is the best chance many have had for a while. However a Div 1 win is always a possible outcome. Not probable or sensible to consider, but a win is technically possible every time you take to the track no matter who shows up.
    I recall qualifying 2-3 tenths behind Warrior at SSR5 Clubman in the R35TC, he had better pace, better tyre wear and somehow better fuel economy too, so to nobody's surprise within a few laps he'd left my immediate visibility and was cruising away with another one until I unexpectedly saw him again, parked sideways across the road having picked up a Kazwall thus gifting me an insurmountable lead after he became buried in the pack. Funnily enough SSman was there that day harassing my ass all the way to the pitstop when a combination of tyre wear, strategy and track knowledge left him out of reach to fight for the win.
    As much as history repeats itself, I firmly believe that time in the seat amongst strong competition improves you move than people realise. Having not spent time in the seat while others have, both in prior seasons and this season getting used to the car, I can't honestly say I expect to finish on the podium. I'd like to, but not driven Megane stock, nor the track at all, and not even this iteration of physics.
    That said it would be cool to show up and have a mega battle with the top half of the field all in contention.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    looks like its an offline lap (risky) vs an online lap (noxy) so i'd say thats a win for noxy
  7. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    How can you tell the difference?
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    tyre wear is the main one, fuel loss is another. very much faster laps sometimes, unless its keeden of course
    StigsTC and Noxrai like this.
  9. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Online for me. I pitted for fresh rubber.
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    well there you go, doesn't always work
    Tristan Jones and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  11. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Here is a lap in VR, was pretty immersive. The video doesn't do it justice. Only did 5 laps and didn't take any risks. I may have been on slightly softer tyres than @Captain_Risky_21.
    Tristan Jones, Noxrai, incey and 2 others like this.
  12. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Imagine racing online in VR :eek:
    Tristan Jones, Matthyus and pat65 like this.
  13. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Would be awesome. Ps5. Fingers crossed.
    CaptainRisky21 and Matthyus like this.
  14. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Looks like a lot of fun. The spacial awareness is what I dream of.
    Matthyus likes this.
  15. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    If you get motion sickness, give it a try not a buy. I struggle with motion sickness so VR GT or any VR that isn't done well. In GT I'm lucky to get a lap before the sweats and dizziness sets in.
    StigsTC likes this.
  16. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I feel you man, you first try it and go "This is the greatest thing ever it's awesome!" to "I need a bucket this is terrible!" so fast and you have to avoid something that's seriously cool and really enjoyable.
    Used Oculus in LFS for about 5 minutes and haven't felt the need to repeat the process since.
    Noxrai and Matthyus like this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    VR for me was odd as while doing it I felt fine, but once I stopped, after about 30mins I start feeling strange in the stomach. It wasn't 'get me a bucket' debilitating but it wasn't something I would want after every sunday race lol
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    VR is awesome, lucky me I can spend a long time using the headset with no issues barring lens fog.

That said I’d be taking breaks every half an hour or so.
    Tristan Jones and Noxrai like this.
  19. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I definitely felt sick driving the redbull 10 laps stright lol
  20. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It basically comes down to the periphery vision being impacted. If you look closely while in VR you will notice that the very edge of the screen is slanted / distorted. It is this distortion that causes motion sickness. Wipeout does a fantastic job at removing your periphery vision from the game by bringing in some additional barriers to block it out. I can play wipeout all day with out feeling seedy. Same with Star Trek. Put GT on less then 1 lap later... Skyrim is bad being open world, but sneak everywhere and I can play it. In the end VR is a stepping stone to full immersion gaming. 10 years and we'll be close to 'holosuites '.
    The video below was my first foray into VR Wipeout, the barriers and actual gameplay starts at about the 8m mark. The blackness before hand was me sharing the headset around.