Season 18 - Ze Porsche Cup Challenge Ja!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Feb 1, 2019.

1. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    There's an Ignition skin in the pack I posted the other day.
    Rolz likes this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

3. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

You should definitely checkout "Voicemeter Banana":
    https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm
    It's an excellent software audio mixer which can split different software audio streams and send them to hardware outputs and virtual outputs of your choosing, even across different sound cards. I've been using it for a couple of years and there is no delay. It has a ton of options including parametric EQ, recording, custom profiles, etc.. Oh and it's donation-ware too so can be free or cost what you feel is fair.

Also if you use Realtek sound hardware have you looked into splitting the front and rear outputs? You can configure Discord to use the front outputs and the game sound to use the rear outputs. Voicemeter would allow you to then mix them back into your headphones but leave out Discord for the Twitch stream.
    Rolz and Bogor like this.
  4. pb1

pb1 Rookie

@Rolz possibly good to link to https://time.is/compare/AEDT/Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne/Adelaide/Perth (modified to suit) super easy site for time conversion. I used to work for a company that spanned AU, and global, TZs. Using BNE as the 'base' AU time worked best because it's always +10 UTC. Referencing 'daylight savings' and 'standard' time confused the bajeezus out of people for several weeks twice a year :).
  5. Rolz

very cool, bookmarked this bad boy :)
  6. Rolz

7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Well that was hard work, can’t complain too hard about p5 as it really isn’t a track I have ever been good at, P5 is my best ever finish here so happy enough. Spent most of the race defending position, first from @Shaun_A who I stole a spot from in to t2 on the first lap and then from @TheStig13 for the last few laps, bad luck on the t2 issue there would never have caught you if you didn’t have that off.

Well done @andyo450 on kicking off another season in the usual style with pole and P1 finish
    andyo450, tezpez85, Bogor and 2 others like this.
  8. Rolz

Well done @andyo450 on the win and @tezpez85 and @Shaun_A for the podiums! :)

Walked away initially a bit frustrated with my effort, but after a good sleep had time to reflect on it and lots of lessons learned!
    Certainly had pace, but with the tire wear increase and my driving style the tires fell off a cliff super fast for me... my back right was almost totally gone by lap 13 and had to basically watch tez and shaun cruise past and there was nothing I could do...

Now to focus and get stuck into Watkins Glen... Server04 is up and I'll put race distance Server05 after a few days once pace is worked out. :)
  9. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Yeah, congrats all round. Good start to this season for me, @Rolz was making a decent getaway early in the 1st stint (was catching Andy if I'm not mistaken), but then I saw him hit the grip issues that I was encountering in race sim practice. The solution for me was to knock a bit of camber off so that the first few laps were slower, but that made the last few laps manageable. Eastern Creek's quite tricky with all those bumps in the middle and final sectors and the tires were feeling like a cheese pizza circa lap 13-14.

After the stop I went on for a few laps thinking that would be that and 2nd was achievable til @Shaun_A popped out in front of me by going for the overcut (must have been some great laps btw). While his tyres were warming I made a pass and began to pull away for maybe 2 laps before he started to haul me back and the last 10 laps required a lot of concentration not to slip up anywhere. He had great pace and he had one good close attempt at a pass into turn 2, but thankfully managed to stay in front. Talk about applying the blowtorch! :cautious:
    Shaun_A and andyo450 like this.
  10. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Are you guys streaming these races anywhere?
  11. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

www.twitch.tv/bogor73 for a view from the back of the pack :)
    jlynn777 and Woody like this.
  12. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    At least form the back you get a view of the action :thumbsup:
  13. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

@Rolz I'm getting a checksum error when trying to connect to the server
  14. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

One down already. Wd @tezpez85 and @Shaun_A on the podiums.

My race was a bit more straighfoward than most others it seemed, apart from the 29.9 i saw @Rolz do. That was a bit of an attention grabber.
    I didn’t really have any issues with tyre wear which helped a lot toward the backend of the first stint.
    All in all a decent first race for me.
    Now on to Watkins Glenn eh? That might be another decent test of this cars stability.
  15. Rolz

Can you try again please Shaun... I'm stuck working and then have to fix my breaks before I can jump on.
  16. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Can get in fine now
    Rolz likes this.
  17. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  18. Mitch09

Mitch09 New Recruit

Rolz likes this.
  19. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Hey rolz also getting checksum error. Not sure if i can make tomorrow night, but thought you should know
  20. Rolz

New version of track... 1st post has download info :thumbsup: