GT Sport Season 6 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 3 :
    Blue Moon Infield A II - 2x18 laps - 6:30 Fine - 24/2 (Sprint Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers

TYRES : For the sprint round, we will be using ONLY RACING SOFTS.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    pat65, Luke, Buster_Danis and 2 others like this.
  2. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Willow was a little yin & a little yang for me.
    After a fair amount of practice throughout the week I thought I may have been able to run with the front runners here, but quallifying soon confirmed that wasn’t going to be the case. Starting 9th was not where I wanted to be as we all know it's a hard place to pass safely. The strategy i had in mind, in hindsight was not ideal, but stuck to it which put me toward the front of the pack after a little under a third of the race, all the while knowing those that pitted before me would be coming for me. I tried to put up a (half hearted) fight as they came but staying on RH’s until lap 20 I knew it was never going to happen. After a few of the early stoppers made their way past @Toranafan-02 also made his way by but didn’t disappear into the distance. I assume he hadn’t pitted yet either so dug deep and for the next few laps we had an almighty clean, fair & fun battle until he pitted on lap 16.
    Another highlight (after switching to RSS) was from around lap 28 catching @incey & @Bluemoon fighting for 6th place. Managed to get past both eventually after another intense battle (cheers to both for hard but clean racing as well). Not enough laps left after that to catch @Toranafan-02 in 5th as he was at that point 9 seconds ahead.
    So all in all satisfied with my race but some things I need to work on like: a) qualifying & b) strategy for future races.
    Bluemoon, TUBBSTER22, incey and 4 others like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Good luck tonight everyone!
    Buster_Danis and pat65 like this.
  5. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Having internet issues. Restarting everything and hope to be on shortly.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Managed 2nd in race 1 and then got knocked off track without redress at turn 3 in race 2. Got back up to 5th which was enough to still get 2nd overall for the night. I would consider protesting but can't bring myself to do it after all the angst from the last time I had to protest. In both races I was closer to the leader at the end of the race than I was at the end of lap 3 after having difficulties in the opening laps of both races. I think If I had survived the first couple of laps of each race unscathed I would have given the winner a hell of a battle at the end of each race.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  7. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Sorry emmo I didn't know you were there. You must've got a good run through the chaos of turn 2 and were coming up on me fast as I got knocked around in there. I didn't even get any warning from my radar. All I felt was a bump from behind, didn't know who it came from, looked behind but couldn't tell who did it, didn't even really know who was at fault, so I kept driving.
    aranteamo likes this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No worries. :)
    aranteamo likes this.
  9. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    @emmo46 Sorry about that mate. If it's any consolation I got punted on that same corner in race 1 which I think gained ya a couple positions haha.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, that part I liked. :). I've put the bump in race 2 down as a racing incident, it was pretty hectic over the first few corners of race 2. :eek:
    Easyprey007, Luke and aranteamo like this.
  11. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Thanks mate:thumbsup:
  12. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    Race 1 was a write off for a few people lol
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 4 :
    Red Bull Ring - 28 laps - 9:45 Fine - 3/3 (Retro Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The ripple strip for this track is the red/white striped strip. The green/white strip is not considered ripple strip. Corners where illegal track extension can commonly occur are Castrol Edge, Remus, Rindt & Red Bull Mobile.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Hard Tyre. After that, one other set, of other compound tyres is allowed. (no limit on the amount of RH tyres). If you run out of fuel/tyres even after making a pitstop, you can pit a second time, however if you have already used a different set of racing tyres other than Hard, then you would need to change back onto the Hards.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

RETRO ROUND : Show up in your team/personal retro round livery! Can't wait to see the old look grid.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Jayden Mills will have a go here on sunday as a reserve
    @incey is missing so jay will take his spot and @Buster_Danis misses the next 2 so jay fits there too
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Azzbang had pole and FL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bluemoon and Matthyus like this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Pat got stuck on the grid twice so will be 10th place.
  19. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Happy with my race and 5th place. Kept it reasonably consistent with the odd minor mistake here and there (generally when someone was close behind, I just can't hack the pressure). @emmo46 would and liked to be able to hold you off, but you just had the pace on me. @bigkev_87 thanks for the bump drafting, but I was never going to keep up with you!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The race had an interesting aspect, my best option was to pit lap one as even after 27 laps my worn RS were quicker than my RH pace. You and I both pitted lap 1 and it gave us the undercut for you to take 1st and me 2nd after all the stops were done. My pace was no where good enough though for me to build a big enough lead to stay there. Initially the big three (Ozimo, kev and and azzbang) didn't make much gain but then suddenly they were so much quicker. I had no answer when they came for me and I was quickly relegated to 5th. You held them off far more effectively but eventually you were overcome and pushed back to fourth. Kevin moved through the field and went from 4th to first, Ozimo from 3rd to second, azz from 5th to 3rd. I had less tire wear than you so was able to pass you for 4th near the end. All in all it was good racing and I am more than happy finishing 4th from 7th on the grid. There was some contact but that happens sometimes.