DIVISION 3 - SEASON 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    George, Ad2mny and Woody like this.
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    What a horrible night.

So sent the kids to bed early coz they were being :):):):)s all day. This meant I could jump on a little early and managed to get a few laps in of prac.
    Qualy went ok, managed to get my first 36* on my first flying lap.
    Then overcooked turn 4 and was plummeting towards the barriers.
    Chucked it into reverse and then remembered I finally had the reset button mapped.
    Reset the car as there was a good gap to the next car back.
    Back on track and started gassing it.. and started going backwards!
    First time using the reset button, so didn't know that it kept you in whatever gear you were in,
    Tried to check it back into 1st but it just wouldn't happen fast enough and sure enough, collected @Ranlod as he was trying to pass. So sorry once again mate!
    Daughter then starts crying and vomits all over the floor, so sat back in the garage while I helped wifey clean up most of the mess in time to start the race.
    Then during the race I just made too many mistakes and pitted twice. Second time was to put on a new set of tyres to try for fastest lap, but my tyres were set to wets, so that was my race over!
    George, Ad2mny, Woody and 4 others like this.
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Sounds like fun mate
    SuiCid3 and seowster like this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Id be doing this.... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: in the corner after that !
    George, seowster and SuiCid3 like this.
  6. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Gutted I couldn't make the race last night. It was one of those days where everything took longer than it should have. I ended up getting home nearly an hour after the race would have finished.
    Well done to the winner and podiums.
    See you all at Road America
    Ad2mny, seowster and stucar17 like this.
  7. Schumi03

Schumi03 Rookie

PSN ID
    TROOPA_357
    Well the first race I was going good in second behind GMAN. Second take I bombed second place finish. Pitted early in 3rd or 4th came out in clean air which was perfect. but for whatever reason the first 4 or 5 laps after coming out its as if my car was set to Fail driver mode. it was terrible. took me a while to get into the groove again and i was pushing too hard and spun and crashed. only thing i didnt do was drive backwards. Dont know who hit me when i was in the middle of the track, but apologies i was trying to find reverse as fast as I could. Thanks all for a good night I still had a blast racing. Still a great feeling.
    George, Woody, Ad2mny and 3 others like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Another disappointing result, but self inflicted due to lack of practice. Was hoping to get some practice in before the race but internet and psn issues (and host issues opening the wrong track first duh) meant there just wasn’t time.

Qualified second last, but was last through turn 1, then about half the field were all off track down the bottom of the hill so made an executive decision to restart.

Restart was much better, and I just pootled around most of the race not really doing anything spectacular. A crash into the tyre bundle at the chicane, a spin at the next right left section and a run-wide in the last sector didn’t help my cause either. Ended up getting lapped in the end just before the start of my second last lap so my dismal race ended a lap early.

Really hope I can get some practice in for RA, I do enjoy this track.

See yas Sunday

seowster, Woody, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  10. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    This round left me a little surprised. I had about 4 laps practice and felt good with my pace for mid pack, qualified mid pack and had prime seat for that first crash (saw a car in the air). Restart I just tried to run it smoothly, pitted second lap and had clear track he whole time. Managed to not spin and improve times during the race, overtakes were done by people pitting 2nd and 3rd pitted together and I slipped through before them. Got passed back and didn't fight it as I am happy with a top 5 in any race this season (really dislike this car) 2nd didn't make the hairpin a few laps later and cruised home. Just a good clean race with nothing much about it. And damn Gman you were crazy quick, congrats on the win.
  11. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    G-Man might be solidifying his spot in Div 2 next season along with @ned83
    ned83, George and seowster like this.
  12. ned83

ned83 Rookie

PSN ID
    ned83
    They'll have to do a Div 2.5 at this rate
    George, Woody and seowster like this.
  13. Anthonyb

It's funny how different cars suit different people I hated last seasons car but most people loved it.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. fatmix68

fatmix68 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Fatmix_GTR
    Not going to be able to make the race this week, sorry guys won't be back from Bendigo in time.
  15. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  17. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What a difference a bit of practice makes!! A bit disappointed with the end result considering my start but thems the brakes I guess.

After a fair bit of practice on loose and spinning quite frequently I switched to stable setup and instantly found consistency. Qualified 6th and got a blinder of a start. As we approached turn 1 @Schumi03 goes spearing off into the grass while @ned83 and G-man make a little contact. The door opens and I seize the opportunity. P1! The next couple of corners @micmansour has a few lunges at me but runs wide and gets swallowed by the pack. With the drivers behind climbing all over themselves I was able to pull a small gap and slowly increase it to nearly 5 seconds over 3 laps. As soon as @Telum hit the front of the chasing pack lap4 however, my lead slowly diminished.

By lap 11 I was starting to feel some pressure with the gap closing under 2 seconds, but I tried not to pay any attention and race my own race. I felt I had about 2 more laps before he was close enough for an attack so I decided I’d go one more lap then pit. As I exited the final corner I just clipped the outside ripples no different to any other lap and around she goes into the barrier. DAMMIT!! I decided to pit now seeing I was pretty much there anyway but if not for that spin I am certain I’d at least have finished on the podium. I rejoined out of the pits just as Smokey and Ned came by, but I just managed to stay out of their way without losing too much momentum.

With my high downforce setup, I was easy pickings for a draft pass by G-man then a couple of unforced errors let @George catch me in the closing stages. He had a good draft run on the front straight, but backed out, then again on the next long straight. I tried to outbrake but ended running wide, so I backed off a little early to surrender the position. My front left cried ‘no more!’ leaving me to finish in 6th.

Well done to Telum, Ned and Smokey

George, micmansour, SuiCid3 and 5 others like this.
  18. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    @stucar17 I'm again away this week (3rd March), happy for a fill in to take my place while I enjoy a business trip to Tokyo!
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    Qualified 3rd
    Got smoked off the line by Ned and Ads – left me 5th as we tipped it into turn 1. Contact up front saw me back in 3rd as G-Man and Ned had a small coming together. Braked too late for turn 5 which saw me back in 5th. Was good door-to-door racing, on balance pretty clean given how the Renault likes to move around. I find this car wants to over rotate, had a play with the settings but haven't found a solution as yet.
    Settled into 5th with Ned right behind me in the tow. Those in front made some mistakes over the next 3 or 4 laps so I inherited 2nd without having to stick an overtake. Slowly reeled in Ads then he had an off end of lap 11 as I was getting near his tow. Unlucky Ads that was a cracking start mate you capitalised on the mistakes around you.

I wasn’t planning on taking tyres so figured I’d pit late given I had clear air. At the start of lap 12 I was 38 seconds ahead of those that had pitted. Pitted lap 16 and the gap was down to 35 seconds.

Came out of the pits ~2 secs in front of Ned, Smokey and G-man. Final laps were pretty hairy as grip levels fell off - especially through the slower corners. Ned cut that to 8 tenths in a lap or 2 and I knew I was going to get run down, great pace Ned. Seems there was another incident as next thing I know I’m 4+ seconds up with 2 laps to go!

Recording stopped when I just after pitting so didn't get any footage of end. My first win in a Sunday league race. Not the fastest but it was a mistake free race, for once. Well done ned and smokey on podium.
    Ad2mny, micmansour, George and 2 others like this.
  20. Anthonyb

Well done mate on your first win.