GT Sport Season 6 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 3 :
    Blue Moon Infield A II - 2x18 laps - 6:30 Fine - 24/2 (Sprint Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers

TYRES : For the sprint round, we will be using ONLY RACING SOFTS.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Tristan Jones, Kephin_07 and Matthyus like this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    [​IMG]
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm happy you show an image that makes me look younger and more handsome than I am really :)
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Good result this week considering the lack of time i had for practice this week. Have always been comfortable at Willow Springs so was looking forward to racing once my Sunday arvo cleared up and enabled me to get on.
    With no practice it meant no idea on strategy. So i tried an RS run to find the tyre life which gave me something resembling an idea.
    Managed to start P3 behind Johno and the new guy Bigkev but less than 0.15 separated us so expectation was a good race was in front of us. Lights turn green and the 3 if us settle in pretty quickly nose to tail in what was going to be as it turn out a 35 lap battle between @Matthyus and myself. I will get a video up of the stint to my pit stop i which to gap between us was never over a sec, if it was i certainly missed seeing. As Johno said i pitted 3 laps early after my only real error and it cost me in the back end of my stint. Still 2nd is a good result and a good haul of points for the championship which i now may only miss 1 round. Congratz to Johno on the well earnt win and Kev on his 3rd place in his debut with us here at raceonoz. Hope you enjoyed it and stick around.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Here we go.
    It's a bit long, but that's what happens when you race for 29 laps.
    Tristan Jones and Kephin_07 like this.
  7. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    @Hatfield - is it possible to cut here? Only really talking about the first right hander, turn 6 LH (or is it 5?) and turn 8 RH.

It seems like you would hit wall before you would cut - but outside wheels right on the apex might just be off ripple? I assume the coloured concrete doesn't count as ripple?
  8. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    There isn't really anywhere to cut the corner. If you're brave enough to attempt it, you should still be in contact with the ripple strip.
    Noxrai likes this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    actually after doing some laps last night it seems you can cut a few turns but the wall is very very close to you if you manage the cut.
    Rules still apply though so just don't cut :)
    Tristan Jones and Noxrai like this.
  10. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Can confirm. Was overly brave a few times last night and hit the wall. Completely screws you.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  11. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

The 'cut' should be allowed if you are brave enough to get close to the wall. :p
    Tristan Jones and Noxrai like this.
  12. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    yeah was all good mate. my tyres hadn't cleaned itself after the first off in time so slipped wide the 2nd time.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, I had fun. It’s been a while since I have fired up this game as I’ve been going through some pedal upgrades and subsequent issues. So tonight was the first time I’ve driven this car. There was some good fun racing at the back for me.
    Noxrai likes this.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    1:09.9 is very quick for div 4
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    That's what we said :alien:
    Tristan Jones and Easyprey007 like this.
  17. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Had weird quali with no pace to show for then found pace outa nowhere during the races. 1st race was pretty quiet then the 2nd one threw a few spanners around for some good close racing lol

Was proud of this overtake
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Considering the rest of us were in the mid 10's. Kev has a qually time that puts him in D2 and his race time would have won D3 by 6+ secs
  19. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I found tonight and last week very frustrating to the point that I'm seriously thinking of giving this away.

I thought after the MnG and round 1 things would be OK but I appear to going backward. Total lack of any competitiveness is sapping any enjoyment. I either run lap after lap on my own down the back somewhere or like tonight in the reverse grid race everyone passes me by like I'm driving a car with three wheels. Whilst winning would ultimately be nice, i'd just like to be able to keep with other racers.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  20. Kephin_07

Kephin_07 Rookie

PSN ID
    BiGkEv_87
    I think it's all about seat time, mate. I had a few extra nights this week I spent practicing and you can see by my times. It's one of those things that needs constant work to know the car and how it handles.
    I'm happy to jump in a lobby with you through the week and see if I can give you some pointers. Just shoot me a pm and we'll work something out.

Also, I'm happy to move divisions. I must admit race one wasn't the most enjoyable race I've ever had.
    LennonLegend1993 and Noxrai like this.