Season 18 - Ze Porsche Cup Challenge Ja!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

All good mate, I was all over the shop that race. I ended up pitting and getting new tyres, body and suspension.
    I just can't keep up with you guys, but it's fun as hell trying.
    krunch likes this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

krunch and andyo450 like this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sorry for the delay. Finalising results now, but need to know who is [ACR] s in position 16?
  4. Rolz

pretty sure it’s @astral soul
    KoAStR likes this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]
    Rolz likes this.
  6. Rolz

7. astral soul

astral soul New Recruit

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    jasondull1986, Rolz, tezpez85 and 3 others like this.
  8. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Sorry guys I won't be able to race tonight. Had some crazy :):):):) happen today that I had to deal with and I'm totally wiped out. Next week might be difficult too depending on a few things but I'm hoping I can race then. Good luck to all.
    Rolz likes this.
  9. Rolz

10. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Got some good prep this week. Feel 50 50 with 8th place. My VR started playing up in Qually even though i did set an OK time for 6th. As the race started my FPS started lagging which meant i couldn't hit my brake markers. Had some good racing with pb which in the right conditions i think astral, and annon were all the same pace. First enduro in a long time. Nice racing!
    andyo450, jlynn777 and c4rLo5 like this.
  11. Rolz

Congrats to @andyo450 for the win and nice one @tezpez85 for keeping andy on his toes :)

Q1 - just couldn't find the pace I wanted, but with a strong grid of andy, tez and @Shaun_A I was content with grabbing 4th - especially with @Godzilla away this week :)
    R1 - Oh man, well that was intense!! My wrists were killing... down the straights I was trying to shake out the lactic acids but still they were sore at the end... First half of the race had a great time trying to chase Shaun... he was always around a second ahead... and everytime I'd make inroads I'd then make a small mistake and go from 0.7 back to 1.2 behind him... It was really interesting as when I was 0.6-0.7 away I was finding that Shaun was just far away enough that I couldn't use his breaklights to judge my breaking, but close enough that using my track markings was no good either as I couldn't see them early enough hence I was making the silly mistakes breaking or corner entry...
    Was by some good fortune for me and a bit of bad luck for Shaun that a bit of a kick out and recover for him was enough for me to squeeze past...
    There really wasn't much between Shaun and I for most of the race, I think he must have had a mistake or 2 as the time gap jumped out... my late race brain fades (thinking about closing windows, check dishwasher is done etc) dropped my pace significantly but recovered enough again to put in a few good laps... was never going to get tez or andy, so just focused on clean laps and finishing.
    Well done to all the back markers, yielding without ridiculously slowing down hampering your own race was very well done! :thumbsup:

*Note to all*
    For Qualifying we try to maintain radio silence to minimise interrupting ppl on their hotlaps - We know it's not for sheep stations but we still want to try our best!
    End of Race, please wait until everyone has finished before chatting... a few ppl at the back might be having their own serious position battles and we want to extend the courtesy to them
    By all means go crazy typing in the chat box in game or on discord... :D

Server04 is up with Barbagallo, Monday sees our first sprint, 2x races with 2nd race reverse grid to really liven things up on the small challenging track :D
    Server05 will be up Thursday for race distance prac (each race will be about 22min)
    marty, tezpez85, Bogor and 5 others like this.
  12. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

That was sweaty!
    Very happy with that one as I did about 20 prac laps. I had @Rolz setup which helped me get in the top 10 for qualy.
    Had a good start until I tried going on the inside of @c4rLo5 at turn 6 and hit his side, I went off road and down to last (sorry for the hit, wasn't sure if you would close the door or not).
    Lap 4 caught up to the back of @Meow and @Mael having a battle, I misjudged and/or they braked earlier than I anticipated and I rear-ended Meow off the track at the dreaded turn 6 :oops: (sorry for that I stopped for you but when you spun re-joining I wasn't going to keep waiting).
    Now in second last was just hoping I could catch up to Mael again. Over the laps I slowly reeled him in although I think he got distracted when @Anon666 had a dramatic off and I unexpectantly scraped past him on lap 18 while he drifted turn 10.
    After that the rest of the race felt like a game of cat and mouse with @TheStig13. It was awesome watching him putting pressure on the cars in front and I'd be desperate to catch up while they're scrapping away. It looked like he went side by side with either Mael or c4rLo5 for like half a lap :thumbsup:
    I caught up to him but like Rolz was saying, when you're close it's hard to follow. So I pitted a couple laps early in hope I could undercut him and did extensive aero repairs. I had to guess tire pressures as I forgot to load a pitstop :rolleyes:
    I came out just in front of @pb who was very patient with me skating around on cold tyres and I was feeling the heat.
    2 laps later my tyres were feeling better and the Stig came out of the pits in front of me with pb still hot on my heels.
    I managed to get past Stig a lap later and pull a little gap as he battled with pb (who I think got past too for a couple laps).
    When Stig got past pb, he shadowed me for 20 odd laps, less than 2 secs behind breathing down my neck. Unfortunately it looked like his ping went nuts with 5 or so laps to go and he dropped back. Thank :):):):) was all I could say! I was spent.

Very happy with 5th and thanks Stig for such an intense enduro :)
    Thanks to the guys that let me past too, I have a silly discord setup and it's hard for me to talk while driving and there aren't many long straights at Tor Poznan to say thanks.
    And yeah discord was super distracting in qualy.
    Just because the timer has finished doesn't mean qualy is over, please don't start chatting until the waiting countdown starts as that's when everyone is back in the pits :thumbsup:

This 911 isn't my first car to chose but it's produced some great close racing so far...fyi @ed40t ;) Had a few tight laps with @Shaun_A last week and the stig this week...I'm loving it - thanks @Rolz ! :)
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    KoAStR, Bogor, tezpez85 and 4 others like this.
  13. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Well done @tezpez85 and @Rolz on the podiums.

That felt more like a long sprint race than an enduro. Tez kept the pressure on the entire race.

Qually was a bit frustrating for me. I had two really good laps which I stuffed with silly mistakes, they only cost me a bit over a tenth but they were annoying all the same. Tez, Shaun and Rolz were really close through the week so I was still pretty happy to end up on pole.

I got a good jump off the line and managed to keep the lead for the first few laps. I struggled to open a gap to tez and i think it was a bit over 2 seconds when he pitted. I heard he missed his pitbox and I thought that was race done as long as I had a clean stop. The gap was about 6 seconds once my tyres were back up to temp after I exited the pits so I backed off slightly lapping consistently around 30.9s. Then Tez put a 30.5 in, then a 30.4, then a 30.3, even a few 30.2s. The gap came down to 2.9 seconds in what felt like 3 laps. I was able to switch back on (dunno why but sometimes I find this hard) and stabilise the gap. I think we both put in pbs for this car/track combo midway through our second stint so we were going as hard as we could. That made for a very long last 15 or so laps.
    In the end the gap was 3.5 seconds, about the amount of time Tez reckoned he lost in the pits.

All in all a really tough fun race. Good stuff :thumbsup:.
    marty, Bogor, jlynn777 and 2 others like this.
  14. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Congrats on the podium to @Andy and @Rolz :thumbsup:

Prac was super tight, qualli was probably tighter and the race wasn't much different... Andy is such a pillar of consistency that you try to find any ground you can, sometimes getting a little bit more creative than you should. I didn't have the answers as he slowly pulled a tenth a lap for the first 30. After fluffing my pitstop (which I was super annoyed about because @Rolz courteously warned to practice pit entry and I didn't) I came out approx 6+ seconds behind Andy and the first few laps weren't so rosy. However, as the tyres came into range the car just seemed to respond that little bit better than in the first 30 laps (increasing track grip?) and while it fluctuated I managed to bring the gap to Andy down to just under 3 seconds before the honeymoon grip period evaporated.

Being able to maintain pace for an enduro is really encouraging and I feel my setup work in the first several seasons is starting to make a difference. Honestly I just feel privileged to test and improve my skills each week against some of the best drivers in Oz. :cool:
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  17. Rolz

Server05 is up... also extended Server04 to 10laps as 6laps on this track is really a bit too short
    Bogor likes this.
  18. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Sorry again guys, I'm unable to race tonight. Currently staying with family till my place gets fixed. Hoping all is ok by next week but no certainty. Dammit I love this car - I'm so bummed! Have a good race all :).
    mesafto likes this.
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    House fixed?? Did it get involved in a rear ender??
    krunch likes this.
  20. Rolz