GT Sport Season 6 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    41.351 It should be ready by next week:confused:
    StigsTC likes this.
  2. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    It seems to be working pretty good.
    Deleting the game app worked. But it took a long time.
    xlxy90 likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 4 :
    Red Bull Ring - 28 laps - 9:45 Fine - 3/3 (Retro Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The ripple strip for this track is the red/white striped strip. The green/white strip is not considered ripple strip. Corners where illegal track extension can commonly occur are Castrol Edge, Remus, Rindt & Red Bull Mobile.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Hard Tyre. After that, one other set, of other compound tyres is allowed. (no limit on the amount of RH tyres). If you run out of fuel/tyres even after making a pitstop, you can pit a second time, however if you have already used a different set of racing tyres other than Hard, then you would need to change back onto the Hards.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

RETRO ROUND : Show up in your team/personal retro round livery! Can't wait to see the old look grid.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Noxrai, Apex_64, razor4797 and 4 others like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Really didn’t want to return after last week’s shambles but... I’ll be back :)
    Russell, Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Back on that horse....

Do you think your horse could host again please?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I am finally clear time wise, and would like to race for the rest of the season if there is room please. :)
    Hatfield, ssman244 and holdenman05 like this.
  8. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Is there anyone not competing tonight as Apex and I are free to race if there are any vacancies tonight
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    groover pulled out tonight so that's one spot at least
  10. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    That has to be my worst excuse for racing in my time with raceonoz, don't think I ruined anyone else race though
    Apex_64 and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I qualified down the order and then pitted lap 1 for softs.
    After picking through on others who pit later, I was up into 3rd which was as high as I would get.
    @xlxy90 caught me but I held him off for 15 odd laps, then @Captain_Risky_21 took his place behind me and all was well until @ssman244 made a meal of T1 braking and went into risky, into me.
    (I would have appreciated a redress ssman please)
    ssman hit the sand on his own later and that gave me 7th which is where i then finished.

Well done podium!
    ssman244, Easyprey007 and razor4797 like this.
  12. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qually: Grabbed a quick lap right towards the end to grab 3rd, really pleased.
    Race: Had a fine start and got into 2nd with clean air after risky spun. Made the awful decision of pitting lap 9 and brought me out into traffic. I didn’t take fuel and to try and catch the others I burnt it all catching the 3-7 pack. With all those cars together, I was having some lag and took my normal braking marker into T1 and then all of a sudden I have slowed and Risky and Hatfield went wide. I would’ve redressed immediately, however felt better to save fuel and keep Hatfield in my slipstream to get the best chance of catching the others up again. I had no intention of keeping that spot if nothing happens over the next 7 laps but I made a mistake whiles playing with my fuel modes and fell off anyway. Had the tires to catch up to 3rd but ran the last 5-7 laps in fuel mode 3. Really disappointing with the strategy call and the lag punt which I apologise for. Try again next week
    Hatfield likes this.
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Nah got you covered.
    Qually 6th. Next thing after a few bumps n grinds I come out the pits 13th, realizing as usual my pit strategy was :poop:.
    battled back to 9th/10th, and then ran out of petrol :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:.
    Noxrai and NAACS like this.
  14. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Not much to say about that disaster. Pace was awful, Don't think i got turn 1 right once, One of the worst races i've had in a while.
    11th in my eyes was a gift @apex2691 i presume ran out of fuel on the final lap, @Russell pitted a 2nd time with a couple of laps to go @holdenman05 who i battled for a number of laps binned it with a few to go and @JonoStan96 disastrous season continues. Looking forward to next week since i love the Nordschleife circuit.

Also for anyone who was wondering about my livery no i didn't make it myself only realized a hour before the race it was retro round and ended up pinching one off the popular list for the car. It's based on the Williams FW14B that won the 1992 F1 world championship. Back in an era when Williams weren't the mismanaged laughing stock they are today.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_FW14
    [​IMG]
    razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Race report
    I qualified in 8th. Not my best time Iv'e managed here but it was solid enough. Got pipped by @Noremac after the first corner by getting a slow exit out of it. Slowly got caught by @Viperzed on the hards after a few laps. I didn't want to lose time battling so let him go by on the inside on the long straight. I had a plan and wanted to stick to it. Last couple of races i have pitted fairly early and wanted to try something different this time around. Decided ill pit whenever @KeedenMcdonald did. Surely he would have a strat thats fool proof. What an error that was.
    Pitting lap 8 i knew i would have very strong tires to the end, and my job would be to catch and get past the people that pitted earlier than me.
    Coming out the pits in 12th. Geez. I got some work to do. I slowly grinded my way back to @Motors560 and by lap 12/13 i had caught him with @Russell just in front. I was able to get past motors with an inside pass on the 2nd last corner. Then came @Russell. What can I say? What a royal pain in the butt you were to pass mate hahaha. Your car was like 3 trucks wide. Our battling slowed us down and 2 laps later on lap 16 motors managed to get past me. SIgh...
    Lap 17 and motors went too hot into the hairpin and i regained the position back. Russel had pulled a second or so ahead though. By lap 19 I had caught back up with him and wanted to make a faster pass and get on my merry way to catch the pack in front who i knew were battling hard.
    This wasn't to be. For another 3 or so laps he defended like a champ and i just could not find a way past. Again this fighting slowed us down and all the sudden @apex2691 was on me. On lap 21 Apex was able to get a better run out of the hairpin and I had to concede my position to him. This attack plan of mine was falling apart.

For another 2 laps i watched them battle it out as i tried to regather myself.Then on lap 22 coming into the 2nd to last corner russel had an ordinary entry into it and went slightly sideways slowing his momentum. Apex on the other hand had a great entry but had nowhere to go and had to slow down a wee bit. This i feel turned into the #passoftherace (effing glad tynesider caught this on the stream!) I was able to go around the outside of them both into the final corner!

Lap 23 came and finally with clean air in front of me i was able to put some quick times down and maybe catch @ssman244 who was roughly 8 seconds in front of me. A herculean task but maybe i could get lucky if someone makes a mistake out front. Gotta push hard.
    By the final lap i had grinded his advantage down 3-2 seconds but it was too little too late. My earlier battles costing me dearly for any other positions to be gained. Finishing 9th one spot behind my quali position. Seeing norm in 3rd with the exact same strategy as myself and i remember seeing him only 1 or 2 seconds in front of me after we both pitted stings a bit. A very exciting and enjoyable race I had though. Some really good battles throughout.

edit: Congrats to the podium finishers @KeedenMcdonald @Bryan_F (holy poo you almost got him!) and @Noremac and also my team mate @xlxy90 who got so so close to the podium.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Russell, Matthyus, Kephin_07 and 4 others like this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Russell how many sets of supers/softs did you use?
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Guilty as well
  19. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Did you accidentally put hards back on in your pit?
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah, I was spewing, race over after that