How did you come up with your PSN ID?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JonoStan96, Aug 22, 2014.

1. CDT

CDT New Recruit

PSN ID
    dr_twist
    I didn't even come up with the PSN i use.

Its my housemates hahaha i couldnt be bothered installing GT6 onto my console.
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    [​IMG]
    It's relevant. Bear with me.
    I used to play a web based game years ago, and one of my characters was "PurpleElephant" (and it was coincidentally, my most kick ass account of the 4 I had). It came about as when I was looking for inspiration for a nick for the account, my eyes settled on one of the kids toys, a plush purple elephant that belonged to my oldest son. I was feeling a bit irreverent, and wanted something that people wouldn't take seriously, but that would kick their butt. The avatar came from the handbrake, who is pretty handy with PhotoShop, being an art teacher.
    Fast forward about 6 months, and I finally got my hands on the network upgrade for the PS2, and having had some fun with the elephant on the web game, I thought I would use that, but the character limit on the original PSN wouldn't let me have "elephant" and so I hurriedly needed to come up with a shorter nick. Dog was shorter than Elephant, and so it came to be.
    As it happens, PD is my initials, Purple is my favourite colour, and dogs are my second favourite animal, but Dragon was already taken when they increased the character limit.
    Just like Suicid3, I was the first to use this, and now I can't go to any major site or service and try to register it. Already gone!
  3. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Back in the arcade days when you could only type in 3 letters all the kids in my neighbor hood had a word as their's so mixed my initials around and got CAB. Been that way for 20+ years now. When I started racing speedway I was 77 so that just got tagged on the end. ( for the record I'm not born that year I'm not that old yet )
    Ad2mny, Noxrai and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I got my username off a planet on star wars when i was playing the ps2 game, i thought i would use it as an account name once to see if it was taken and it wasn't.

I later relised i spelt it wrong, but since i hate names with numbers i just used it from that point on lol.
    Ad2mny, Noxrai and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The Obi Wan and Anakin duel in Episode III, nice
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Ill be honest I know next to jack about star wars, but the FPS Clone wars game on PS2 is awesome.
    incey likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I think that was one of the very few Star Wars games I hadn't actually played :/
  8. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Being remade with the latest Frostbite engine....Should be pretty freaking awesome. Loved the originals, on Frostbite in HD....:D
    Clevohead and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Mines from an almost cringe worthy story when I was 6. I signed up to World Of Warcraft (even at that age yes haha) and I couldn't think of a name so for a week i didn't play because I was so pissed off with thinking of a name. I was obsessed with drawing cars then (still am) and my favorite at that time was a Dodge Viper and I made my own viper called the Viper Z. So I called my character Viperz. When making PSN that was taken so I just "upgraded" it to Viperzed!
    Ad2mny, Noxrai, Kieran_B33 and 2 others like this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Most stories I reckon start off with something from childhood if gaming was bigish when you were young
    Viperzed likes this.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah basically.

Same with emails.
  12. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Or not knowing how to spell something ;) lol
    Viperzed and Ad2mny like this.
  13. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    The Stig ('tickets on self' issues there) and Cyber World. Couldn't help myself!!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Mine was a combination of a few of my nicknames over the years and the 007 was added because....well actually I have no idea why. Wifey loves Bond so maybe that's why.
    Didn't want to have reference to Woody (my longest standing nickname) for obvious reasons :)
    Ad2mny, Easyprey007 and Noxrai like this.
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Always loved the muppets from childhood, used to stay up late to watch the muppet show and beaker was my favourite. Someone had already taken that name so I added a couple of oo's. That was on Xbox back in the day, I used the same handle on PSN and Steam as well and I also have a US account which is IBeakerI which I use mainly for buying games. My oldest son seems to be on my account more than I am nowadays though.
    Woody and Ad2mny like this.
  16. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    So it's not that you look like Beaker?
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    As great as that would be, no.
  18. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    We used to have a battle back in high school where we had two groups of guys, one who’d buy cans of coke and the other who’d buy cans of Pepsi and we’d put the empty cans in an i beam where we’d sit at recess and lunch. Whichever can made it to the middle first (or the furtherst along before the cleaners got them) would be the winner. For the better part of 18 years, I have not had a can/bottle/glass of coke (barring if I’m out on the piss and have a scotch and whatever cola beverage they have on tap which may be coke). I even had the Pepsi logo tattooed on my arm as a tribute to my mates. So my user name is a play on Straight Edge (folk who don’t drink alcohol, do drugs etc) which was introduced to me later on by what became my favourite wrestler in CM Punk (who also has the Pepsi tattoo).
    Ad2mny and Woody like this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Ozglenn loves coke, so looks like you 2 need to have a grudge match
    Jurassic Mark likes this.
  20. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    1v1 Special Stage Route X death match