Season 18 - Ze Porsche Cup Challenge Ja!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

404 not found
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Will fix in the morning, forgot to make permanent before sharing
    rookie error :p
  3. Rolz

4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

This was a good race, actually managed to not have any incidents at all which was a miracle in its own right.
    Must say that the rolling start worked out well, would be cool to do more of those.

Start was good and managed to steal a place from @jlynn777 in to T2, being on the inside helps there. Spent the first part of the race trying to keep a gap to jlynn who had great pace here and was keeping @Rolz behind, this was working well for me until Rolz managed to get through and start closing the gap to me. I jumped in the pits at the end of lap 11 with about a second back to Rolz at the time, was hoping to stay ahead after he pited but I was probably a bit too cautious on cold tires and I found myself a few seconds behind when he rejoined a couple of laps later. I knew if he stayed in front by the time his tires were warmed up then he would be gone. I desperately chased him up the mountain on my good tires and got my opening on the inside of McPhillamy, got in there and hung on through skyline for dear life, was certainly one of the more satisfying passes I have done. Built a bit of a gap for a lap or two which then started to shrink fairly fast but mercifully the laps ran out :)

Well done to @andyo450 and @Shaun_A on the win and podium, amazing pace there, and Andy with the 03 in the end. Also I miss out on the most consistent by absolutely nothing to Shaun as well... next time...
  5. astral soul

astral soul New Recruit

it says i finished between c4rLo5 and Bogor yet i distinctively remember passing c4rLo5 on the final lap after we both wiped out separately at T2. so not sure what thats about.[​IMG]
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  6. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

I think Griffins Bend to Forest Elbow has got to be the best stretch of racetrack in the world.

Well done @Shaun_A on 2nd and most consistent. Pretty decent stuff for just rocking up on race night :D. Nice job on 3rd @Godzilla, also @jlynn777 on that great qually lap.
    Nice job on the rolling start too guys. Seeing everyone weaving down conrod on the replay looked pretty cool.

The race didn't start out the best for me. I got a little bit sideways out of t1 and Shaun out dragged me before we got to t2. I was super cautious on lap 1 and GZ had a crack at me going into the chase. We spent 3 corners side by side I think but I managed to keep p2. I set about closing the gap to Shaun which was somewhere around 3 seconds. That came down bit by bit over the next few laps while I was considering how to pass him. I didn't like my chances too much in a straight line so I decided to try an overcut. I did some fuel saving the next few laps till Shaun pitted and then went as fast as I could till my fuel ran out. I came out 2-3 seconds ahead. The cold tyre laps were really good so the gap didn't come down by much. Through the week I reckoned the car had a high 2.03 in it so I was having a bit of a crisis down conrod on the penultimate lap trying to decide whether I should go for it or not. In the end I couldn't help myself. Pretty much nailed the final lap, there was a bit of margin in the cutting and after the grate, and got a 2.03 (by .005 but still counts) so I was pretty happy. Heres a vid of it:

@astral soul I think the timer ran out before you guys actually crossed the line to finish your last lap. Probably why it didn't register in the results.
    tezpez85, Rolz, Godzilla and 2 others like this.
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

In my happy moment of passing Rolz I near enough forgot about this, this though was really cool as I gave it a good shot to get ahead and almost had it for a fraction of a second, you got the better exit from the last corner and then got the run in to t1 and sadly it was over, was good while it lasted though :)
  8. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

That was cool, in the end not the result I was hoping for but THAT WAS COOL.
    Did a bit of prac and my best had been a 2:06.1 so to go around 0.7 seconds faster in qualy was a nice feeling. With it taking at least 2 laps to be able to put down a decent lap I just loaded the car up with 7 laps of fuel and just tried to make sure I didn't teleport back to the pits. My time was way slower than what @Godzilla or @Rolz were capable of but it's so frustrating constantly being close but still so far away from the times the guys in front of me do (I just try and forget @andyo450 times) so to finally do a good lap and to out qualify some seriously fast guys I really shouldn't have - felt awesome :inlove:

Anyway - how good was that rolling start?
    Having a good view of andy's rear on the grid was nerve wracking enough but I think the long build up to the start took it to the next level.
    I was pretty cautious on cold tyres, I wasn't going to care too much if Godzilla or Rolz got me as I assumed their race pace would be out of my reach. Sure enough Godz got me straight away on the inside to T2 and I tucked in behind with the @TheStig13 right up my trumpet.
    Last corner of lap 1 to T3 of lap 2 were fun as Godz was giving andy a hard time allowing me to try get my foot in the door. Alas, nothing happened. So just tried to stay with Godz and hope Rolz wouldn't catch me too quickly. After a couple laps Rolz nailed me into T2 and kind of felt relief as I felt I was now where I belonged. Obviously tried to stay with Rolz but to my distress I noticed a bogey Stiggy getting faster and faster (as always :rolleyes:). It looked like we were going to have another nice battle as he slowly hunted me down for 13 laps until he pitted.
    I think Rolz and I had the same idea of trying a long first stint to try get track position and we pitted the same lap about 2 seconds between us. I came in pretty hot and got some nice air off the pitwall (somehow got no damage from) and was now right behind him in the pitlane, bouncing off the limiter.
    I was excited, wondering if there was a chance if we'd both come out in front of Godz. I did, in fact I came out in second :eek: because I forgot to say I wanted to change compounds so I had to go round and pit again :sick: THAT WAS NOT COOL.
    Came out a couple seconds behind @mesafto but by the time I had heat in my tires he was 7 or so seconds up the road. So I just went for it but unfortunately I clipped the wall at Sulman park and damaged my steering. Then I really didn't care anymore and on the last lap did even more suspension/steering damage and was lucky to hold on to 7th in the end.

Well done guys, especially to the podium getterers and more especially to @Shaun_A after doing no prac (wtf!?)
    Here's a cheap edit of the formation lap and lap one with Rolz as the main focus and a bit of @jasondull1986 (TTB perks ;)).
    Rolling start for Phillip Island, anyone?
  9. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

That was an epic race, and very happy, and fortunate to get 6th. I switched back to single screens for a more reliable experience after testing a lot of different VR/GPU settings.

Q: 7th with a 206.3, felt there was more in the car for sure, maybe could of matched Stig on a 5.8 but just couldn't execute.

R: 6th - loved the rolling start and everyone seemed very respectful. Got jumped by astral/soul/pb and pretty much kept the back end of the front pack for a few laps. Once the temps came up they (+stig) started pulling away and just kept everything consistent in the high 206's/7, maybe i was a bit conservative. Stig had a half a second on me and pulled a sizeable 5-7 sec lead. Tried to overcut him but he was fueled up too. Both pitted on lap 13th and came out for the run to the end.Car started feeling better and i think Stig had few moments with a few laps to go. Was able to cut the gap to about 1.3 seconds but no dice for a last lap dive ;)
  10. Rolz

super stoked that the very quickly organised rolling start worked so well... I'd raced in another league where they do a shoot out... everyone gets a warm up lap then a hot lap and goes back into pits... only one car on the track at the time (pretty cool to spectate and massively on ur mind that all are watching u do a lap :p), then basically top X get another crack at it (I can't remember the number) but ur time is recorded and u come out of the pits on ur best time and do a rolling start... possibly an option to try depending on the car choice in for S19?

Congrats to @andyo450, @Shaun_A and @Godzilla!

Happy with my race, great battle with Godz, well done again on the pass up the top of the hill... dunno how u can sit comfortably in ur seat with balls the size they had to be to pull that move off lol

Ok server related... I'm away this Monday 18th March and only get back Sunday 24th March...
    This Monday 18/3/19 will be pretty easy to do, we just need someone with server admin access to restart server05 at the right time to kick it into official practice... I'll have it configured ready to go... I will look forward to watching the dots on stracker
    http://rooz.simracer.me:50041/livemap?server=ROOZ-ACserver05
    For the following week I'll remote in to setup... I'll have my laptop with me so should be no dramas... I can do this easily in the morning... I will however need some good feedback on Phillip Island as it's a bit of an unknown with a large group... I've had 2-3ppl on it with the V8's and was ok, but my tolerance is higher than others or I don't notice track imperfections if there are some? Please let me know so we have enough time to change if needed.

Good luck all!!
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hmmm, guess that's me. @marty is still away methinks?? Might have to get on during the week so you can talk me through it. Are you around Thursday night??
    mesafto likes this.
  12. Rolz

actually head off tomorrow morning, but it's super easy... As logn as u can log in... creds are all the same... there is the Server05 dos box open, close that and run the AC Server 05 batch file (on desktop) and 8pm QLD time :cool:
    Bogor likes this.
  13. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Keen on that! Never done hot lap qualli. Looks like it was a fantastic round from the vids :thumbsup:
    andyo450 and jlynn777 like this.
  14. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Can someone else please test server05 for me.
    I can get into server04 with no issues, however server05 keeps crashing on me.
  15. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

I just tried it. Its crashing for me as well with both content manager and the stock launcher. The stock launcher said the track was zolder in the loading screen as well. The server browser said Red Bull Ring national though so it might just be content manager and the stock launcher disagreeing.
  16. Rolz

Should be sorted if someone can try again please...
    andyo450 likes this.
  17. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Works now.
    Thanks @Rolz
    Rolz likes this.
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I feel like IgitiON team is a little bit stacked... soo close between the rest though
    Rolz likes this.
  20. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea IKR. Was the opposite seasons prior. The balance rests with just a handful, especially when team results is only top 3, so late sign-ups or no shows skew the team results.... Basically whichever team Andy is on seems stacked!
    Bogor, jlynn777 and Rolz like this.