DIVISION 2 - SEASON 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    inside of the track or outside?
  2. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Outside
  3. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

No go for me tonight, don't wait up. Good luck guys.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ahhhhh, what a night to forget.

Without getting the violin out, i fell off the road in qual on my fast lap and then jumped to pit, started 9th..... or second last after we re-set the room.

When the race started i was just hoping to stay with the lead pack knowing that i had pace to be second row, but that turned to :poop: when i got drilled at turn 2... Back to last, and thats pretty much where things stayed !

Well done up front, @Ant_427 on what i think was his first div 2 win... Great stuff bud. Also rest of podium.....

Hopefully ill be here for the enduro, will do my best to be back from work on sunday
    Stu
  5. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Not much practice again.
    Q5th and ran 4th or 5th most of the race. Things really tightened up in the last 4 laps or so. After 2 drivers had contact in front I zoomed through the middle of them so I was up to third. By this stage 2nd (Glenn I think) is just in front as we are coming into the final complex. Glenn goes wide on the final corner and I sneak by to take 2nd at the line. Oh but I forgot I had a pit penalty and was relegated back to 5th or 6th. Oops.

Do we know when the last couple of weeks results will be ready? Even if they aren't in the fancy format it would still be good to see the standings heading into the final round.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Anthonyb and disturboed like this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

7. Anthonyb

Qualified strong in second which was a big surprise.
    When we got going in the rolling start Glenn and I got a good jump which made turn 1 a little easier. Ant Lloyd locked onto the back of me and piled on the pressure for about 15 or more laps. He was so much stronger into the hairpin after the long straight than I was and we seemed very even every where else. In the hole battle there was only one tap which was at the hairpin which was a bit of a clinching moment but all good. Great battle buddy had a ball.
    Ant pitted on about lap 17 I think and Glenn had a held a 5 sec buffer over me while ant and I battled. Glenn spun at turn 1 letting me lock onto the back of him only for me to spin at the hairpin. Then Glenn spun at turn 1 again letting me carch back up but I was getting messy trying to make a pass on him so I pitted
    Re entered just behind Ant v8 and turbo with aykay just behind had a great battle with them with a couple of laps left got a run on turbo down the long straight got beside him on his right coming into the hairpin hit my brake mark but was on the dirty side of the track oh crap some how missed v8, turbo waited for me to go way past and turned in and somehow we got away with it.
    Continued to battle only to spin late on the last lap and finished 7th.
    Had a great time thank you everyone for the hard clean racing.
    Congrats Ant on the win well done v8 and turbo for the podium.
    See you next week
    ant
    Ant_427 likes this.
  8. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I should be good to go Sunday, baring any more unexpected dinner outings a-la last week.

Which circuit layout are we running?
  9. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  10. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    full watkins glen circuit
    natmanscoop likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    im only a 50/50 at this stage :(
  12. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Sooooooo, your still a 50% chance then ! ;)
    Anthonyb likes this.
  13. Anthonyb

Anyone know what the fuel consumption is like around this track.
  14. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    2.8 Litres per lap
    Anthonyb likes this.
  15. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Good luck to everybody tonight, I know I missed a couple of rounds so I haven't had the best year so far but it's been a great season none the less.
    It looks like it's down to 3 contenders for the championship @stucar17 @disturboed & @Glenn Stimson so all the best and I hope you have a great battle and most of all enjoy the last race.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  16. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Stu's out. He not coming so he doesn't have a shot at winning championship and have to go to Div 1........... :D:D:D:D:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::whistling::whistling::whistling:o_Oo_Oo_O
    Hatfield and Anthonyb like this.
  17. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    First of all, big congratulations to @Glenn Stimson for taking out the championship after an epic drive grabbing the win by coming back through the field from last place after serving a Drive Thru at the end of the first lap for jump start.

For me, I qual'd in 3rd but started fourth due to pitlane penalty (doh!). Well off my 1.45.2 PB, just couldn't hook the bottom section up and kept loosing my time advantage.

Race start and I got away very well, and overtook Deafdude for 3rd by T1. In front was Glenn & BlueXR8 with Glenn in front having jumped the start by about a week. He peels off at the end of L1 to serve his drive through. For the next 10 laps I am essentially following Blue and trying to get past, by now down in P3 as Deaf goes past us both. Lap 11 I finally pull it off and get past Blue to set off after Deaf who has scarpered a little.

3 corners later into T1 I throw it away and have a half-lose, almost taking Blue out while correcting, and letting 2 more through in the process! Dangit!

Chasing V8 now, and a couple laps later he has a spin, and I try and make it past, but i get tagged on the rear sending me into a 360 degree spin, luckily managing to keep some momentum and i get going relatively quickly. Chasing Aykay now, and soon after going through the left hander leading into the bottom part of the circuit, I almost go head on into Deafdude who is recovering from his own incident, but I make it past. 3rd spot now. Aykay & Blue start to battle and I close in. Blue has a moment leading into the bus stop, and I scoot through into 2nd.

Well into the dark now, tailing Aykay as close as I can hoping to force and error but he is driving very well. I decided to pit a lap earlier than planned to try and get an undercut. I enter the pits end of lap 23. This is where my race fell apart.

In the race ready screen, I went into to my pit strategy to increase the amount of fuel I was taking as I hadn't counted on starting with only 67L, not 100L, so I need to increase to 73L. I don't know what I did, but somehow I either put it in, but didn't save it, or only increased it to 43L, because that's all I ended up with. I didn't realise until a lap later when everyone else had pitted and I had somehow jumped into first with a margin of about 20 seconds!!

So here I was furiously trying to work out exactly how much fuel I had left and when I would need to stop to add more and how much, and then trying to re-adjust my strategy on the fly to only do the splash and dash. I noticed Glenn had made his way up into 3rd by the end of pitstops, so my main concern was trying to finish ahead of him. I had a gap of 24sec, I built it up to 28 at one point, but then got a little scrappy and lost a few secs, gap back down to 20sec, then I had to pit at the end of lap 40 where I had got it back to 24 seconds (to Glen in third).

By the time I had exited the pits I was 6 seconds off the lead and about 4 seconds behind 3rd. If only I hadn't lost those precious seconds earlier!! Tried my hardest to close the gap to Glenn, but he started powering forward and ended up in the lead with a few laps to go as Aykay & Deaf had an incident in T1. I tried to capitalise but I had to back out as going off line through 2 & 3 is a recipe for disaster.

So finally crossed the line in 4th. Well done to the podium. It was a great race, but I left with a deep sense of the what if's.

Great season as well, lots of different faces on the podium and 4 different race winners.

Onto the next one!
  18. MarkH

MarkH Rookie

Hey all thanks for a good series and well done to the Champ.
    Great race from Stimson last night to come from last like that, and great battles with Disturbo, BlueXR, Akay, and Stimson near the end.

Managed to save only first 40mins of replay, but it shows the intensity and madness.
    Apologies for my shocking attempt at reversing out the way of traffic after I hooked the nose on an apex and ate wall.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  19. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Really bad at remembering how my races play out so I put together some highlights

Natman tries to kill me :) -
    Natman half spin -
    Spidey in the wall-
    Top 3 getting spicey for a couple laps (thanks for letting me back in the fight)-
    Something happens upfront-
    Should I have continued on with this pass? I thought it was borderline so backed out- https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1210&v=NQZgLiuEv-I
    Deaf Spins from 1st I come around a dark corner and just miss him
    V8 and Disturboed come together- https://youtu.be/NQZgLiuEv-I?t=2007

Got distracted actually working and forget to finish this but thanks for the fun everyone!
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    spewing, was still at work, didnt get home till 8:45... dont think i should have asked you to wait till that late !